Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gaps in our current list

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Some players from that list will make it and maybe even kick 40 goals from a half forward flank or forward pocket but then be looking over their shoulders at the end of the season to be pissed off to another club rather than get plaudits for their efforts. I think it’s all bullshit about expecting loyalty to the club from the player when it’s the club that acts in a disgraceful and disgusting manner towards the player. Collingwood has been terrible this week. People here talk about us finally becoming a destination club after the flag but those very posters are silent about the Ginny crucifixion that would make any intelligent player bloody reluctant to join a club that lets a premiership player leave without any effort at all to retain him. My love for Collingwood will always remain but my current disgust towards them will continue for a while. I cannot on the one hand criticise other clubs for not treating their players well and ignore Collingwood being a pack of despicable arseholes. 🤬😡🤬 this awful stuff up stinks of utter bloody arrogance after winning the flag. Won’t be surprised if they trip up while trying to be too smart by half 😓
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:15 pm

^

Surely you jest…this isn’t a Treloar or Grundy scenario whereby they actually truly loved the club and were good people who were unceremoniously disposed of because of inept list management. This is about an arrogant kid who liked the taste of his own bath water and the attention he was receiving. The drugs, the attitude, the around the corner shots at goal from 45 in a GF no less even after being told not to, the in your face attitude of going out to the races the night before the biggest game for the club in 20 years, the disrespectful behaviour on mad Monday celebrations…..he was given plenty of chances….no player is bigger than the club.

One of the main contributors to our previous unsuccessful seasons was all the external distractions that would plague us. Although I was a fan, even before the dyed blonde hairdo or ANZAC day BOG, I’m relieved he’s gone as the negatives he brought and would bring in the future outweighed the positives considerably.

No, the club did what was best on this occasion. Now let’s move on and get stuck into securing #17 without any further disruption or distraction.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:17 am

We still need a KPD, to allow Moore to play more of an intercept defender role. Also, we need to find another potential A grade midfielder to takeover when Pendles hangs up his boots, in 5 or 6 yrs time.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:30 am

Lol!

Michael tuck says hi!

Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:02 am

I don't mind Bonner for some run, a year younger than Markov but coming in with better numbers, even seems to have the same knocks on him as handlebars did.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:39 am

Markov stuck the tackle on Rayner that determined the physical outcome of that contest. I'm not that interested in other player's "numbers". Noble's are probably "better" than Markov's, too - but Markov was picked for size, speed and physical impact.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:48 pm

Reading all of these posts - wow - we need a top forward - a top back - an elite midfielder - and more. You have to wonder how this team even made the finals, let alone winning ...what is it called?...oh yes - the PREMIERSHIP.
Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:07 pm

Jungle drums beating for Sofinidis now, a Collegian has joined the legion of KPD's we've chased.
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:53 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Some players from that list will make it and maybe even kick 40 goals from a half forward flank or forward pocket but then be looking over their shoulders at the end of the season to be pissed off to another club rather than get plaudits for their efforts. I think it’s all bullshit about expecting loyalty to the club from the player when it’s the club that acts in a disgraceful and disgusting manner towards the player. Collingwood has been terrible this week. People here talk about us finally becoming a destination club after the flag but those very posters are silent about the Ginny crucifixion that would make any intelligent player bloody reluctant to join a club that lets a premiership player leave without any effort at all to retain him. My love for Collingwood will always remain but my current disgust towards them will continue for a while. I cannot on the one hand criticise other clubs for not treating their players well and ignore Collingwood being a pack of despicable arseholes. 🤬😡🤬 this awful stuff up stinks of utter bloody arrogance after winning the flag. Won’t be surprised if they trip up while trying to be too smart by half 😓

So you assume you know 'everything' that's been going on with Ginnivan? Why wouldn't you trust the club and their decision making process? After all, they jagged us a flag this year. There's a stench around Ginnivan, has been for some time despite how exciting he can be. I like him. But farewell, enter Sarge, a great bloke, better defensively and ready to explode. He's the Papley we actually want (without the smart arse attitude).

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:08 pm

John Noble & Oleg Markov Player Statistics Comparison

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=6723&pid2=4208&fid1=S&fid2=S
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:02 am

John Noble & Oleg Markov Player Statistics Comparison AFL Tables

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/John_Noble.html

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/O/Oleg_Markov.html
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:32 am

Regarding KPD... Don't underestimate what Charlie Dean may become for us yet. He's 195cm, 95 kegs, 22years old. Just needs a clear run at this upcoming pre-season and hopefully he finds his way to his best.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:04 am

We have to start replacing the old guard now - that's not to say plundering the trade weeks in search of established players but we need to start elevating some of our more advanced youngsters from the VFL ranks with more games.

And we should be starting to talk with with 15/16 year old talents out there because the writing is on the wall and we will have at least 4 or 5 of the old guard going soon and we will have to have players coming in to replace those advanced youngsters who will take there places.

It's all about creating a cycle and we need to be smart about it.
Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:55 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
John Noble & Oleg Markov Player Statistics Comparison

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=6723&pid2=4208&fid1=S&fid2=S

Why would you list stats you are arguing are pointless? Rolling Eyes

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:38 pm

Further to our list gap requirements ahead of the next few drafts, on a soldier out, soldier in basis and taking into account our > 30 y/o players I'd be interested to know how the Club might approach this.
How might the next few years progress as incumbent players find themselves subject to natural attrition and who is next in line / injury back-ups?

One position I believe is often both overlooked and underappreciated is the utility role. WHE currently fills that void, so who might challenge him for that position? It's where I hope McInnes comes on. He has pace to burn and looks to have physical match-up flexibility to play tall or shorter.

Utility
WHE > McInnes or maybe Allan until we determine if he is midfield quality?

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: