Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

George Pell shows why he wont make Pope

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie 24 Libra

AT least I have more than one jacket

Location: YIHAA! Welcome to redneck land. All typing furiously!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about feeding frenzy!
pica 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:08 am

magpie greg wrote:

OOGA CHUGA OOGA CHUGA

Let's all have a collective laugh at MG......what a friggin' tosser!

Ah, what's the point..it's been done so many times already.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:10 am

pica wrote:
[quote="magpie greg"][/quote]

OOGA CHUGA OOGA CHUGA

Let's all have a collective laugh at MG......what a friggin' tosser!

Ah, what's the point..it's been done so many times already.
I am not sure if I would do it that often.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:11 am

I have just counted, and there are approximately 70 posts (out of 125) in this thread that have nothing to do with the original topic, or at least are an intelligent diversion from it. These posts are arguments between Greg and Nuxta, Greg and BJ, Greg attacking Magpie 24, Nuxta attacking Greg, people commenting on these arguments, and Hal. Oops, it's now 71 Razz. Maybe we should just create a thread, or stuff that, a whole board devoted to people fighting with each other. We can call it "Fight Club". All we need is for someone to start a topic about religion or politics, and it's on!
Magpie 24 Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:15 am

Magpie Greg wrote:
I am just speaking at your level pica in language you understand.

Like a seagull on a piece of hot fat Rolling Eyes

BTW, who's Al?
David Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:24 am

Wasn't he a big orange dude? Or was that Alf? I forget.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:28 am

I forget a lot too.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:35 am

David from Canberra wrote:
I have to agree, "sin" etc doesn't seem to make sense to me. If we are all trying to make ourselves happy in the long run, and we are, then how can a person be "bad" or "good"?

Based on that thinking David we should throw out the moral code that the majority of the world lives by. Based on the above statement you can no longer judge a murder as doing wrong as he may only be trying to feel good. Perhaps those who prey on children for perverse sexual gratification are just trying to please themselves. The man who steals from you is just trying to feel goo so we cant say they are doing wrong all we can say is it doesnt make us feel good. We must have a moral code to live by and it most of come from somewhere.

eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:40 am

yes, but where does that 'faith' come from? if you throw out the Bible, then what God exactly do you believe in? For all you know he could be a malevolent force who enjoys destruction, or maybe he just doesn't give a sh*t in the first place. I too think there is some higher power, because the concept of something coming from nothing does not make sense to me. But I don't know what relevance it has, or that he really cares what we choose to do in our lives.

David, have you read [Freedom Of Choice] ?...It will answer most-if not all of your questions. I also recommend 'Freedom Of Choice' to any atheist/agnostic who seek knowledge and truth, the book cannot hurt you, But ignorance will.

..for a free download (ebook) version, go here; http://thefreedomofchoice.com/

..or private me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Magpie 24 Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:02 pm

magpie greg wrote:
Magpie 24 wrote:
BTW, who's Al?

Well if we follow you to *your* website, that appears to be your name.

Of course that is assuming you are really Al or just pretending to be him, Lama.

That was one of your better efforts.

Your logic is faulty - on so many levels!

Classic passive-aggressive behaviour. You post a contentious argument riddled with fallacious assertions and the moment someone disagrees you resort to personal abuse, defamation, false accusations and disproportionate tantrums. Like I said, classic passive-aggressive behaviour. What's your next move MG? Morphing yourself into a victim?
David Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:09 pm

nuxta wrote:
I have to agree, "sin" etc doesn't seem to make sense to me. If we are all trying to make ourselves happy in the long run, and we are, then how can a person be "bad" or "good"?

Based on that thinking David we should throw out the moral code that the majority of the world lives by. Based on the above statement you can no longer judge a murder as doing wrong as he may only be trying to feel good. Perhaps those who prey on children for perverse sexual gratification are just trying to please themselves. The man who steals from you is just trying to feel goo so we cant say they are doing wrong all we can say is it doesnt make us feel good. We must have a moral code to live by and it most of come from somewhere.

No, I believe criminals should be punished, if nothing more than to protect the rest of society. Also, if by rehabilitating them, they can contribute to society as well. I totally agree there is a moral code, and it must be followed, all I'm saying is how can different people be judged as good or bad? For example, consider a psycopathic serial killer. Whatever mental illness he suffers from, means he needs to be locked up for the rest of his life, as when he is released he will be a threat to other people. But how could God then judge him in the afterlife and say, well tough luck dude, you were born with a mental illness that made you want to kill people, so off to hell you go. You see this has nothing to do with the law or anything, I fully believe that if people break it, then they should pay the penalty. I'm thinking in a more theological sense really.

David Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:15 pm

eddies bank balance wrote:

David, have you read [Freedom Of Choice] ?...It will answer most-if not all of your questions. I also recommend 'Freedom Of Choice' to any atheist/agnostic who seek knowledge and truth, the book cannot hurt you, But ignorance will.

..for a free download (ebook) version, go here; http://thefreedomofchoice.com/

..or private me your email address and I'll send it to you.

cheers. I'll check it out Cool

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:44 pm

I feel very sorry for people like you Greg, you dont realise the true affects of your behaviour or the consequences. Yes thats right, consequences! did you think there were none? that you just got off scott free? thats naive. Upon death there is a life review (running backwards) where you experience every emotion (good and bad) that you have caused others in your life. For most it is a humiliating experience that strips them bare, for people like yourself however it is so excruciatingly painful it has been misinterpreted as Hell.
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:37 pm

magpie greg wrote:
aceofstace wrote:
I feel very sorry for people like you Greg, you dont realise the true affects of your behaviour or the consequences. Yes thats right, consequences! did you think there were none? that you just got off scott free? thats naive. Upon death there is a life review (running backwards) where you experience every emotion (good and bad) that you have caused others in your life. For most it is a humiliating experience that strips them bare, for people like yourself however it is so excruciatingly painful it has been misinterpreted as Hell.

Really? Where did you read that? If true, I'll remember that when you are being humiliated! Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTW, when you post under aceofstace at least leave 10 minutes b/w that post and your magpie24 post otherwise it is a bit obvious posting within 1 minute of each other.

Once again you are not making much sense and the only humiliation I see is your own

pica 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:41 pm

magpie greg wrote:

BTW, when you post under aceofstace at least leave 10 minutes b/w that post and your magpie24 post otherwise it is a bit obvious posting within 1 minute of each other.

BTW, when you post under "magpie greg" at least leave 10 years between posts otherwise we'll continue to deride you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: