Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpiring rants ~ receive our scorn

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale61 wrote:
Maybe if the white maggots stopped making up the rules as they went, and had less influence on the outcome, people might then take them seriously, but until then, the cheating scum deserve as much crap thrown at them as humanly possible.

FKN WHITE MAGGOTS!
If you could have any kind of robot what would it be?
noddy, Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:40 pm

what!!!! if this was april 1, i would have sworn this was a joke. are they trying to take away everything that's great about our game ? paying out on the white maggots is part of the very fabric of the game. what crap..
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:10 pm

short lil bastards. All of them. Had their play lunch stolen as kids...
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:14 pm

The term 'white maggot' is a little out dated and probably irrelevant these days.
We need some new ones to keep up with the times. Perhaps 'red RAT' or 'yellow snotrag' or something along those lines.
I'm sure one of you colorfully minded people can come up with something better Smile

qldpie02 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:36 pm

a - they never wear white anymore...so no one can get into trouble cos they wear green or yellow...
b - this doesnt stop the crowd from abusing the umpire by name...which if theyve been umpiring forever happens *cough*Mclaren*cough*
c - players still argue/abuse the umpire at every stoppage. surely its worst to get abuse by a 6^5 , 90+ kg male standing a metre away, then a 6ft male, or a female or a small child whose more than likely more than 15 metres away....whats the difference between abusing a player and abusing the umpire?
d - umpires are more likely not to want to continue because they have NO IDEA on how to INTERPRET the new rules...i dont blame them...if they make a technical call in the first half they hav to keep it up bcos other wise its inconsistent.
e - its the Gabba, hardly anyone yells abuse up here to the umpires cos they dont understand the rules at all.. and the Gabba staff are going insane especially during the cricket...they tried to stop the wave...that didnt work because everyone was doing it...PEOPLE POWER!
f - if everyone who yells abuse was kicked out then there would be no supporters = lows gate money = bad for the AFL = theyll have to relax the rule....
doubt it will happen...

Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:47 pm

Well its not actually a term i use all that often...but after this ridiculously draconian measure, i think ill be making up a T-shirt....all white with the word "Maggot" printed across it and start going to some Gabba games.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:02 pm

You wanna look like an umpire Zakal? Confused
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:56 pm

i actually let the c word slip in the first quarter on wednesday to describe the maggots, im not proud of it and sorry to anyone who was near me. Essenscum always brings out the best in me Smile
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:05 pm

frankiboy wrote:
You wanna look like an umpire Zakal? Confused

Yup, i wanna see how far they are willing to go to enforce their ridiculous rule.

You know the Gabba sucks when it even gets a mention by the on-line world cup commentators when talking about beach balls being bounced around the ground last night while waiting for the rain to cease.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:33 pm

Just typifies society more or less. How much more politically correct can we get. And how $£$%^%%$ soft are these people, they'll be up for a fight if anyone wants to kick me out for abusing an umpire, if this year is anything to go by, I would of seen a total of 5 minutes of footy.

WHITE &^*%$^&% MAGGOTS!!.

WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:01 pm

Brilliant move, let's take everything away from the football. In fact why even let the crowd in, that would solve all these problems.

Best line I heard on Anzac Day to the men in yellow that day - "You're still f*cking white maggots to me, you've just been p*ssed on"
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:45 pm

We can use the term "non colour specific maggots"
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:44 pm
Post subject: White Fly SiblingsReply with quote

I do recall Umpire Bill and his mate Robinson walking the boundary line before a big game in the 70's and 80's in shorts so far up their backsides, it was a wonder they could walk at all. But in fairness, we would give them stick and they would often stop to say hello. Well not to me that often after I sprayed beer over one of their kind at a VP park match in 73. I used to try and speak to them after a home and away game, but couldn't out run the police horses who got to them first, and often would near run us down like it was Battle of the Light Brigade being reinacted. Idiots.

Banning the term 'white maggots' and the like is akin to expecting a VP crowd to drink mineral water all day. Not lilkely. Today's umpire is the worst, weakest excuse for a human i have ever seen. And they hate Collingwood more than any other club.

I will not stop calling them White Maggot. From now on I will just put the f.. word in front of it.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:58 am

Shocking pics just in...

This pic shows the Gabba Gestapo city bound after reports of two supporters on way to game chatting in a city cafe when was over heard to say ' hope the white maggots give us a fair go today!

107012.jpg

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:06 am

Chief of Gabba Gestapo was looking pretty relaxed at the Gabba and wondered what all the fuss was about when asked about the new Gabba ruling of banning the calling of umpires as white maggots

p1_philadelphia_getty.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 7 of 77   

Jump to: