Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great read. Fantastic affirmation of Bucks coaching.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 pm

Great article. Thanks for the link Dave. You really notice the culture and spirit when you attend the VFL games. Close to the bench or in the huddle I've never seen so many players on our list who sound and act like leaders. Everyone uses their voice openly, supports and encourages each other constantly. There seems to be no huge egos and no complacency at all. It really is noticeable what is cascading throughout the whole list.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:05 am

compare and contrast the culture that Adams talked about at Collingwood to this:

Quote:
On the eve of his 200th game, Essendon captain Jobe Watson is struggling to enjoy his football, and is seriously contemplating the end of his career.

Watson, the son of Bombers' legend Tim, has captained the club through arguably its darkest hour – an hour that has stretched on to days, weeks and years as WADA prepares its appeal in the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Despite admitting that he no longer really enjoys talking to the media, Watson was doing the rounds of talkback radio this week to celebrate his 200th game, which he will play against St Kilda on Sunday.

Speaking to SEN on Thursday night, he admitted there was plenty about the game that he no longer liked.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/jobe-watson-im-not-really-enjoying-footy-20150702-gi3zn8.html

I wonder why he's not enjoying his footy? Pretty sure he would be if he was away from Turdy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:14 am

Great article, ta, so glad we got him and not the cats!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:39 am

Taylor Adams put the events of the club 2012 thru 2014 into real perspective
Enforced an opinion i had of a few who thought they knew better than the club
and put hurdles up to resist any directional change--especialy culture change

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:55 am

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
compare and contrast the culture that Adams talked about at Collingwood to this:

Quote:
On the eve of his 200th game, Essendon captain Jobe Watson is struggling to enjoy his football, and is seriously contemplating the end of his career.

Watson, the son of Bombers' legend Tim, has captained the club through arguably its darkest hour – an hour that has stretched on to days, weeks and years as WADA prepares its appeal in the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Despite admitting that he no longer really enjoys talking to the media, Watson was doing the rounds of talkback radio this week to celebrate his 200th game, which he will play against St Kilda on Sunday.

Speaking to SEN on Thursday night, he admitted there was plenty about the game that he no longer liked.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/jobe-watson-im-not-really-enjoying-footy-20150702-gi3zn8.html

I wonder why he's not enjoying his footy? Pretty sure he would be if he was away from Turdy

While I'm almost certain he'd never do it, the best thing that Jobe could do is seek a trade to a non-VIC club.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:01 am

In Darcy,s interveiw he talks of ringing Dad in Reno and looks like he flys home for the
game and Mum and sisters too!!
Then some 700 kilometers away another footy family is living thru absolute horror
Not a contrast we would want again

RIP Phillip Walsh

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:22 am

dalyc wrote:
Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:

Quote:

While I'm almost certain he'd never do it, the best thing that Jobe could do is seek a trade to a non-VIC club.

Brisbane would be best: his lack of pace wouldn't be shown up playing alongside Beams. Also, he'd likely only get outmarked from behind by Blair once a season.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:31 pm

A fascinating article!

It really paints Bucks in a good light here and the direction and cultural changes he's tried to implement within the football club.

I'm aware that Taylor had been coached and mentored by Bucks previously in an under-18s competition from memory so that was a big catalyst in his decision to join Collingwood as opposed to Geelong so he was aware of Buckley's coaching philosophies and skills before he joined the club.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:36 pm

Jezza wrote:
A fascinating article!

It really paints Bucks in a good light here and the direction and cultural changes he's tried to implement within the football club.

I'm aware that Taylor had been coached and mentored by Bucks previously in an under-18s competition from memory so that was a big catalyst in his decision to join Collingwood as opposed to Geelong so he was aware of Buckley's coaching philosophies and skills before he joined the club.

He coach Adams in the U-16’s

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:47 pm

Thanks for the correction Dave! I knew Bucks had previously coached him but I was unsure at which level initially.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Jezza wrote:
Thanks for the correction Dave! I knew Bucks had previously coached him but I was unsure at which level initially.

My Pleasure

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:11 am
Post subject: Taylor Adams standing upReply with quote

He has been Massive in the last 2 Games against the Best Sides in the Comp. Getting 25+ Touches, 7 Tackles, Using Ball, 7 Clearances vs Hawks. And Tried he heart out.

Fantastic Showing how Good and Important he is Very Happy

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:17 am

Nice post Dave. Not perfect disposal but has come along way already and has improved as his composure has lifted. Very important part of our midfield....and likely that way for a few years to come
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:45 am

Was great but not just Adams, a lot of our younger players are also playing well above expectation. Crisp, De Goey, Williams. Then when you have a standout game from Pendles and Steele back nearing his best and all of a sudden the midfield bats deep.

Aside from the bad kicking for goal we played a hell of a game last night and we as bucks likes to say "nutted them" in the midfield even with Lewis and Mitchell having a shitload of the ball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
Page 68 of 123   

Jump to: