Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree with the above, it's totally up to the leadership group what punishment is dished out to him. Whatever they determine is what I agree with because De Goey has to face his teammates on the field.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:27 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Martin was always a star. Apparently a ratbag - but always a star. In his first 4 seasons, Martin played 86 games and already had 39 Brownlow votes. De Goey merely remains a guy who shows a bit of promise, when he can get himself organised to play a game.

If I thought Collingwood was going to finish in any of the top 14 places on the ladder, I'd be really concerned that this was going to affect our season negatively.

Funny how you use those numbers to define Martin as a star before he had actually had a positive impact on his teams performance
Martin was a known rat bag and was walking a tightrope between being a good footballer and ending up on the wrong side of the law.
Martin had played exactly 1 final in those years as well for a heavy loss.
Your pot shot at Beams before is funny but really juvenile because by using your own stats Martin and Beams statistically are similar over the first 4 years. Beams played a 11 less games and earned 30 Brownlow votes and had a Copeland, AA nomination, finished in top 2 in AFLPA MVP voting, top 5 in coaches voting & top 5 in the Brownlow all during his first 4 years.
So by your own definition Beams was already a star and ahead of Martin at the same point in there respective careers.
Would you like Sidey's stats over his first 4 years to show how far behind both Martin & Beams he was ??
I wouldn't think so
But back to JDG & the club
Whether he plays all the games during the season or not likely wouldn't have a huge impact on our finishing position based on exposed form. He hasn't shown to be a match winner consistently (apart from the odd quarter here or there)
He is obviously talented but right now he's behaviour and approach to being a professional footballer isn't up to scratch.
The club can afford to penalise him heavily be it financial or in terms of matches sat down for. It might send a very clear message to the young players around the club about the standards expected.

I really personally don't care if he misses games I would rather have players on the field who really want to be the best they can be and represent the club in a positive way than a player who looks and acts like he doesn't give a shit about the club and the opportunity afforded to him.
Only down side is his trade value has taken a massive hit. By his actions if the club and he decide to part ways at seasons end we won't be getting anywhere near what we invested into him.
I don't care what the media of the AFL say the punishment should be there self served interests aren't in the best interests of our footy club.
If the club sees fit to give him a couple weeks off so be it. If the club sees fit to kick him out for a long period so be that.
This kid doesn't have the credits in the bank to earn him any slack
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:55 am

Leggie wrote:
He screwed up.
Kick his arse.
Fine him.
Suspend him.
Then move on.

Go Pies

SUSPEND him??? Why?So he can screw our entire season like last year and bring him back when it's all over rover? Hit him on the head, hard,fine him,LOT'S and put him on a first and final.Screw up again and you're gone from the club.Collingwood cut their nose off to spite their face last year and people laughed out loud at how stupid we were for "Upholding our moral values"??? while all the other clubs stars were given the the rap on the knuckles and a fine.Any talk of suspension is ludicrous and would show how stupid we actually are,nowt the way we are perceived.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:57 am

burnsy17 wrote:
Skids wrote:
All these perfect posters who never made a mistake or 2 in their early years Rolling Eyes

I know I wasn't stupid enough to make the same mistakes more than once.

This guy has sh1t for brains!

So Burnsy!1 When was it exactly he got done for DUI again??? I must have been sleeping or something.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:04 am

I don't care whether he got caught drink driving.
The law will deal with it.
But everyone wants a piece of the action like we are a church group.
We seem to spend more time moralizing and procrastinating than playing footy.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:13 am

E wrote:
I am now seeing articles in the Paper suggesting he should be suspended on an open ended basis.

This is the AFL heirachy F%cking with Collingwood again! Trying to make them take an action as part of being a good citizen that hurts them on the field.

First, let's be clear (since the same reporter highlighted this fact and then dismissed it in a completely nonsensical way).

LUKE HODGE DID NOT MISS ANY FOOTY FOR DOING THE SAME THING (AND THAT OCCURRED DURING THE SEASON)!!!!

Next, let's recognize that our club likely reads these sites to get a feeling for how the supporters feel about it.

Can we PLEASE stop supporting this nonsense by confirming the stupid reporting that i am seeing from Gleeson and others!

If DeGoey is fit, he is in our best 22 and the players want him in the team, let's please play him and actually try to win some football games please.

I think the sentiment on here is overwhelmingly that we don’t want our teams chances of success to suffer as collateral damage to punishing this fool. Hence a personal punishment in the physical form which might actually make him play better and in turn benefit the team (and maybe him in the long run)

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:17 am

Why is everyone in this thread acting like this is his first time?

Drinking and driving is completely on him. Nobody forced him into the car drunk and drove off. Now the fight last year did have another party contributing to the fight.

Bucks and the coaching staff would be fuming as he lied to them again....he said he wouldn't do anything like this again
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 am

We must 100% NOT suspend him from any games. Pointless.
Fine him, make him run more laps, clean the rooms, community service, visit rehab facilities of drink drive victims, etc. Suspending him from senior football hurts the team, fans, club, etc. and we have a repeat ofb2017, with the season done before it barely started.

And I believe he’s on his P plates (although I could be wrong), which means ZERO blood alcohol. So he’s 0.09 over the limit.

Also, those saying he hasn’t let his team mates down with this type of thing? He’s a repeat offender with stupid acts that find their way into the paper. His team mates don’t want to be tarnished with the same ‘brush’ whenever this idiot makes his way into the paper for all the wrong reasons. No club wants to be in the paper for crap like this. So yeah, it lets his team mates down.

If he has a woe is me attitude cos he’s young and isn’t allow his binge drinking rite of passage, fine then, quit AFL football, go learn a trade (cos by the sounds of things he’s no academic prodigy) and sink piss all you like on your reduced salary. Otherwise, smarten the f**k up with your hundreds of thousands of coin you get paid to kick a dumb ball around a dumb oval.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:11 am

Dumb and dumber shall he hence forward be known until he redeems himself.

But Collingwood .....the suspension obviously didn't work last year so time for a new approach. As many have said , make the punishment a personal one. One that doesn't hurt the team or the fans enjoyment of the game. They don't deserve to be punished too.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:36 am

Castration?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:45 am

The kid is a village idiot , but a required player to us possibly been a better side this year . If he is fit he plays seniors what's the point in playing him in the VFL ? To make Journos and other clubs happy?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:45 am

Woods wrote:
Castration?

Plenty of racehorses benefit greatly from the ‘ultimate gear change’. If the AFLPA contract doesn’t specifically say we can’t then do it.

Put em in a bottle and sell them on eBay. With a CoA of course. Proceeds to go to the players end of season trip.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:47 am

Full match simulation while being tagged (in turn) by Adams, Dunn (as leadership group punishment), followed by Maynard, Greenwood (when fit) and then Goldy.

I reckon that might just about do it.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:00 am

De dumb dumb will be punished and counciled no doubt. I'm hoping he isn't penalized in a way that he's absence on the feild will be surely missed. he'll be feeling pretty low at this moment sitting with ed, bucks, he's mum and dad plus manager. huge wake up call.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:12 am

E wrote:
I am now seeing articles in the Paper suggesting he should be suspended on an open ended basis.

This is the AFL heirachy F%cking with Collingwood again! ...

Next, let's recognize that our club likely reads these sites to get a feeling for how the supporters feel about it.

Can we PLEASE stop supporting this nonsense by confirming the stupid reporting that i am seeing from Gleeson and others!

Gleeson is a Collingwood supporter. (We have good representation among the experienced football reporters at The Age: Niall and Baum are too.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 69 of 301   

Jump to: