Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The VICTORY experience

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This is " ".
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:58 pm

Tess wrote:
I think people are being offended that we - The Collingwood Crowd - appear to be getting put down in what most consider is an unfair comparison to Soccer.

We are being told we have lost passion, we don't chant hard enough. My interpretation of what is being said is, we aren't real supporters.

Everyone on Nicks loves Collingwood FC equally, no one supporter is greater than another. But we are being told that how we support our Club, is just not good enough in comparison to a Soccer Club that is a privately owned franchise and not even into it's 3rd year of existence. A Soccer Club with absolutely NO tradition, unless your going to tell us ya can create tradition in 18 months!

I object to being told that a 18 month old Soccer Club is so much greater than my Football Club.

Excuse for one moment whilst i temporarily remove you from my beautiful ignore list...but dont be flattered for too long for when im finished you'll be back on the ignore list...

How typical of you to come in and without any knowledge of what your talking about.. but no doubt when im finished you'll canvass support on nicks board and or bigfooty with your typical ' victim poor me caper '
First of all this has been one of the better debates on this board simply because its bullshit free without innuendo and accusation, we're searching for answers not putting down those who may disagree.

To suggest for one moment this topic is all about how great melbourne victory is when compared to collingwood just about shows your lack of credible intelligence when entering any debate and paticularly this one.

how dare you accuse others of not being a real supporter...just how many positive postings and or replies have you entertained on nicks board over the last five years..allways bitching and moaning, wanting people sacked, attacking those who would have more passion in little toes than you would have in your whole body.....

This is not about segregating people on nicks board by how much more each individual loves collingwood...where in the hell did you get the notion from ?

If you were to follow each posting and replies carefully and studiously you would easily come to the conclusion that this is about passion at one sport and lack of passion at the other or the wanting to encourage passion at one sport and the wanting to destroy it at another, how dare you suggest im suggesting or insinuating im somehow im a better collingwood person than anyone else on nicks board whilst in my attempt to search for answers and or wanting to debate something i think is pretty important and relevant...what the hell does a private franchise football club have anything to do with the debate...what the hell does it matter if this football club is only 18 months old.....once again the topic is all about passion the ability to demonstrate that passion and have that passion accepted and not deemed offensive in anyway.....one can only conclude your trying to hijack a popular discussion and steer it down a path to destruction...and in my opinion the collingwood crowd can actually learn a lot from the victory crowd and by no means does that mean im putting the collingwood crowd down...now run away to general discussion and or bigfooty and keep telling people what a big mean monster joffa really is...

Back on ignore thank you!!

minor edit by LD

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:11 am

member34258 wrote:
creedymagpie wrote:
member34258 wrote:

As for passion in the game and crowd, I've noticed with interest the report in todays Sunday Herald Sun about the South Australian riot police being called to an A league game this week. Maybe the passion is becoming a problem.

You what?

I was in Adelaide last week for the match and the idea of Riot Police is a bloody lie. Yes because of the amount of passion in Football there was always going to be heated exchanges but apart from a couple of thrown plastic bottles it was nothing but hot air.

I don't like being called a liar after reporting something that was freely available to you, or anyone else, in the biggest selling newspaper in Victoria.
And I also note that police intervention was required on Friday night. But maybe I'm just lying!

Now member please....

Police intervention was sought because..Yeah your right a massive riot occured at telstra dome...hundreds injured and many not expected to live...cars overturned and set alight in spencer street...gangs smashing shop windows and looting everything that could be carried away...a tram was hijacked and carried away by the masses and dumped into the yarra...LOL shall i go on ?

Ok something occured after the game....SO0 WHAT...are you telling us that AFL dont have troublesome followers who like to biff bash after a game.....i hope your not....and how dare the herald sun exaggerate or overstate and incident Smile...LOL

member34258 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:30 am

Quote:
Police intervention was sought because..Yeah your right a massive riot occured at telstra dome...hundreds injured and many not expected to live...cars overturned and set alight in spencer street...gangs smashing shop windows and looting everything that could be carried away...a tram was hijacked and carried away by the masses and dumped into the yarra...LOL shall i go on

Way to put words in my mouth. Where did I say any of that?
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:22 am

bazdaddy wrote:
JLC wrote:
bazdaddy wrote:
Agreed Tess

And I don't how many times I've said this now....you can not stand and chant through out an entire game of AFL as there is something happening, as opposed to SOCCER where there is nothing happening which is highlighted in the thrilling 0-0 draw of which 50k people attended good on soccer for that its come a hell of a long way, but a ridiculosly long way to go to get close to AFL.

Everyone acts like there are no bad games in the AFL. AFL has had flooding and rule changes to try and quicken up the game and keep it interesting.

In soccer there are things happening. Sure it requires a bit of brains to work out the strategies, formations, passing etc. Its more of a game of chess as opposed to a game of connect four.

Both games are different and i have an appreciation for both.

As for the support there is no doubt in my mind that soccer fans support their team more passionately than AFL fans.

jlc
sure footy can b boring but 0-0 draws are just a common practise of the game, it's far from exciting.

That was victorys first nil all draw for the season. Hardly common practice. In fact the most common scoreline in soccer is 2-1.

but yeah if you wanna see lots of scoring maybe go watch 20-20 cricket or play darts or something.

jlc

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:08 pm

JLC wrote:

... but yeah if you wanna see lots of scoring maybe go watch 20-20 cricket or play darts or something.

jlc

HAHAHA spot on Laughing

Or maybe just make yourself a toy scoreboard and fiddle with the numbers all day.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:24 pm

Tess, the edit was extremely minor, but if you want to read more into than that, go for it. I reaily don't want to make a habit of explaining every action, but anyways...

You're quite welcome to join dale et al on the grassy knoll, but I'll say it again, there ain't no favourites here. Repeat, no favourites. Got it? If you want perfectly consistent moderation, here's your two options.

1. Everything is deleted.

2. Everything stays.

Anything else involves some subjective calls. Deal with it. If you'd like the 'rules' enforced strictly. I'll give Joffa a yellow card, but to avoid favourtism, I'd really have to give you another two, for back seat moderating in this thread, and another for a post over the weekend.

I actually thought about deleting Joffa's post, but figured a minor edit may result in a non whinge, and imho, the post was on topic. I PM'd Joffa and he agreed with the edit. I also posted orignal and edit in mods forum for others to comment on, as one always does, with the majority opinion being our course of action, as it always is.

So, there you have it. If you want to avoid favourtism, hop over to the board where everything is deleted, lest the mods there be accused of favourtism, or the board where everything stays. Oh, hang on, that board just shut down as it's being sued. Otherwise, deal with it.

If you want to discuss this further, do it via mail of a thread in Feedback. Don't want this topic derailed.
HAL 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:41 pm

I've lost the context, London Dave. Are we still on jlc[quote]sure footy can b boring but 0-0 draws?
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:03 pm

HAL wrote:
I've lost the context, London Dave. Are we still on jlc
Quote:
sure footy can b boring but 0-0 draws?

Something like that. Be careful, you'll cop another yellow for off topic posting HAL!
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:11 pm

This thread has become as boring as watching the game.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:53 pm

bazdaddy wrote:
This thread has become as boring as watching the game.

And i think it should be reported that supporters are not the only ones questioning crowd participation at AFL games or should i say lack of crowd participation....at the players meeting at lexus recently Rhys shaw who also attends Victory games asked....why dont our supporters make so much noise so its good to see players and supporters are asking pretty much the same type of thing Smile

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:10 am

Tess wrote:

Whatever you think of what your saying, it's coming across as a sermon comparing the Victory's Crowds passion to create chants ect to the Collingwood Crowd lack of passion. :

I cant see how your coming to that conclusion. The point that is being made is that the way the AFL (and even our own club for that matter) has changed the way us supporters are 'allowed' to support the club. We cant just show up at a ground and be behind the goals with 20 of our mates like 6-7 years ago. That is the difference being highlighted Tess.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:49 pm

Got tickets today for the match on sunday night against New Zealand cant wait to see what the atmosphere is like at olympic park.
HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:50 pm

Try asking the Milk Mystic.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:55 pm

Why don't our crowds make that noise....I can answer that...we vary in demographics, aging from the very young to the very old, where as I would as has been reported the key demo for soccer crowds are the 18-35 who generally are those that make more noise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: