Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rascim is Okay in Cricket - Singh is Off

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to it?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:37 pm

nomadjack wrote:
This appeal decision is a joke and further demonstrates how inept the
ICC is. Justice Hansen acccepted that Singh may have used the term 'Teri Maki' as he claimed, and that this could have been misheard by Symonds, Hayden and others as Monkey. Perhaps he could explain why this defence wasn't raised in the initial hearing?

He also dismissed the umpires suggestion that Tendulkar was not close enough to hear any remarks and then relied heavily on Tendulkar's statement to find the charge unproved. Go figure.

Apparently calling someone of West Indian descent a 'big monkey' is also no longer a racially offensive term to the 'ordinary person' (would love to see the good Justice Hansen call Curtly Ambrose a monkey and see what happened, although in his defence, Symonds apparently said he didn't think the level of offence was serious enough to warrant a charge under 3.3 of the code).

The real joke is that the ICC failed to provide a full list of Singh's previous offences under the code of conduct for the purposes of sentencing. Only one offence was listed prior to sentencing, with three others only brought to light after the sentence was passed when it was too late to change the penalty. Justice Hansen commented that had he known about the 2001 offence as he should have, this may have affected the penalty imposed. What a phucking joke.

Full judgement is available here:

http://icc-cricket.yahoo.com/media-release/2008/january/media-release20080130-59.html

The sooner these bastards piss off home the better. I used to have a lot of respect for Tendulkar, Kumble, Dravid and Laxman and most of the Indian team. Right now I wouldn't use them to wipe my arse.

Bloody Oath, I know what the Evidence was - It was a Big Brown Bag Full of $100 Bills.

Show what a Joke Cricket has become.

Start of the Summer I thought the Indians where a Good Cricket Team now I see them as Scum of the Earth but that might insult Scum itself

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:40 pm

They're still a good cricket team Dave. Blame the controlling body the BCCI, not the players. Singh was the one who stuffed up.
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:41 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
[quote="nomadjack"]This appeal decision is a joke and further demonstrates how inept the
ICC is. Justice Hansen acccepted that Singh may have used the term 'Teri Maki' as he claimed, and that this could have been misheard by Symonds, Hayden and others as Monkey. Perhaps he could explain why this defence wasn't raised in the initial hearing?

He also dismissed the umpires suggestion that Tendulkar was not close enough to hear any remarks and then relied heavily on Tendulkar's statement to find the charge unproved. Go figure.

Apparently calling someone of West Indian descent a 'big monkey' is also no longer a racially offensive term to the 'ordinary person' (would love to see the good Justice Hansen call Curtly Ambrose a monkey and see what happened, although in his defence, Symonds apparently said he didn't think the level of offence was serious enough to warrant a charge under 3.3 of the code).

The real joke is that the ICC failed to provide a full list of Singh's previous offences under the code of conduct for the purposes of sentencing. Only one offence was listed prior to sentencing, with three others only brought to light after the sentence was passed when it was too late to change the penalty. Justice Hansen commented that had he known about the 2001 offence as he should have, this may have affected the penalty imposed. What a phucking joke.

Full judgement is available here:

http://icc-cricket.yahoo.com/media-release/2008/january/media-release20080130-59.html

The sooner these bastards piss off home the better. I used to have a lot of respect for Tendulkar, Kumble, Dravid and Laxman and most of the Indian team. Right now I wouldn't use them to wipe my arse.[/quote]

Bloody Oath, I know what the Evidence was - It was a Big Brown Bag Full of $100 Bills.

Show what a Joke Cricket has become.

Start of the Summer I thought the Indians where a Good Cricket Team now I see them as Scum of the Earth but that might insult Scum itself
Where did you get it? Look to your left.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
They're still a good cricket team Dave. Blame the controlling body the BCCI, not the players. Singh was the one who stuffed up.

What about Sachin Lying about it and Kumble Spraying Australia on who they play.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:42 pm

wish hansen would use plain english in his report.

Quote:
[9] As a consequence Mr Jordan called those witness who signed the agreed statement other than Mr Gilchrist who was unwell, to give evidence of their recollection of what occurred.

pissed huh?

Last edited by John Wren on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
EBB 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

What about Sachin Lying about it and Kumble Spraying Australia on who they play.

Oh that's simply explained Dave. Are you ready? Ok here goes...

BULLSHIT walks MONEY talks!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:55 pm

EBB wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Well That is Sad Then How Cricket has Become, It's Very Sad Crying or Very sad

The Gentleman Game is Dead

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
EBB wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

long live the gentleman's game. here endeth the sermon this thirtieth day of january in the lord's year two thousand and eight.

can this thread go the same way?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Jock McPie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
EBB wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

long live the gentleman's game. here endeth the sermon this thirtieth day of january in the lord's year two thousand and eight.

can this thread go the same way?

Probably not - It will most likely come back after the 20/20 at least but The ICC is so Corrupt it's not F**king Funny Shocked

EBB 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:02 pm

Interesting word "gentleman". anyone know where it stems from..is it gentile? Where does gentile stem from? and so on..
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:08 pm

good point ebb. latin 'gentilis' or 'gens' + 'man'.
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Glad to hear it.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:10 pm

I find two things very interesting in the judgement that Nomad posted a link to.

1. The agreed statement signed by Singh and a number of Australians that stated that Symonds swore at Singh and that Singh responded with words designed to give offence.

2. The fact that the ICC code did not provide a standard of proof so the investigator "invented" one part way between the civil "balance of probabilities" and the criminal "beyond reasonable doubt". He also referenced Proctor as having made his decision on the basis of "beyond reasonable doubt" which surprises me. I would have thought that, failing anything being spelled out, the civil standard would have been the appropriate one.

They've basically twisted it so that Singh may have said a hinu swear word that could be mistaken for monkey but losely translates as "motherf&*ker".

What a total and absolute crock of sh1t.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I find two things very interesting in the judgement that Nomad posted a link to.

1. The agreed statement signed by Singh and a number of Australians that stated that Symonds swore at Singh and that Singh responded with words designed to give offence.

2. The fact that the ICC code did not provide a standard of proof so the investigator "invented" one part way between the civil "balance of probabilities" and the criminal "beyond reasonable doubt". He also referenced Proctor as having made his decision on the basis of "beyond reasonable doubt" which surprises me. I would have thought that, failing anything being spelled out, the civil standard would have been the appropriate one.

They've basically twisted it so that Singh may have said a hinu swear word that could be mistaken for monkey but losely translates as "motherf&*ker".

What a total and absolute crock of sh1t.

The ICC just Sucked the Indians(BCCI) Cocks and Said "is that better now" Wink

Why would you want to play International Cricket now with this Crap?

Last edited by Dave The Man on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: