Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies bounce Blues - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Yep, he's talking about Carlton woulda, coulda (no real shoulda there), but don't talk to him about Collingwood woulda, coulda, shoulda - even though we did still win Robbo and are in no need of it. Bizarre.

There's no point looking at missed opportunities to goal - we had more than they did. Look at the way the game was played. We were dominant all day, which is why we always had the answers - never headed. They had players out? Boo hoo, we had more. Our defensive and forward line are miles ahead of theirs, and we have more class, depth and pace through the middle (compare Judd's disposal to Pendlebury's).

And since when has Jarred Waite ever destroyed us anyway? He's no Cloke and more of a flanker than a true KPP. First Kruezer would make all the difference, now it's Waite? Time to realise the Blues are just not good enough. One or two players will not bridge the gulf.

Spot Inkling, Pro Blue writers will find and distort anything to help them make a point. To keep their hopes alive, that the Blues can beat us! What the players thinks is another matter!
I thought we were going to dismantle them again in the second quarter and if it wasn't for poor kicking we should have been 4-5 goals head at that stage and the blues would have been looking up at a mountain again. We were playing our best footy then. It's only round 17 we want our most intensive footy for the finals the important thing was a victory yesterday!
mattmc33 Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:42 pm

It's games like that when you realize that no one is going to stop this team this year. If ever they had an excuse to drop a game with all the shenanigans this week it was that one, but they answered every challenge despite being well below their best and really never looked like losing.

The culture and structure of this team is absolutely beyond comparison. It doesn't matter who's injured, it doesn't matter if some of the stars are down on form, other guys just step up and carry the load. The principles and discipline remain intact no matter the circumstances.

Yeah, it wasn't the blowout I wanted, but I don't care. That was an arch rival we just beat handily, and one that threw everything they had at us. We can get a lot better, they cannot, and still we were in control the entire way.

Patrick Smith and his ilk can talk about hubris all they want - the fact of the matter is that when this team steps over that boundary line, nothing else matters other than victory. All the other crap is meaningless. This is one of the most professional sports teams I've ever seen.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:27 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
Typical rubbish from Mark Knobinson

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-desperately-needs-a-key-forward/story-e6frf9jf-1226096019357

"Fix the forward line, stop hitting the goalpost six times, and who knows what might happen in eight weeks? The Pies, meanwhile, threatened to break open this game on several occasions, but "woulda, coulda and might've" effectively means they didn't."

WTF is he saying. Haven't read the article and I won't. But the coulda, shoulda, woulda, applies equally to carlton as us, no? These guys have to put something to paper but if you analyse it, just that quote you have there, if I was marking it would be FAIL for a basis of an argument. Cam you're the teacher here what's your mark?

Yeah I read that and came to the same conclusions as you guys about that vitriolic line.

As an exposition it's poor and relies too heavily upon personal opinion rather than factual evidence.

As a discussion it is so one sided that it has to be classed as an exposition.

Overall arguments are poor.

D-

Try again young fella.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Cam wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
Typical rubbish from Mark Knobinson

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-desperately-needs-a-key-forward/story-e6frf9jf-1226096019357

"Fix the forward line, stop hitting the goalpost six times, and who knows what might happen in eight weeks? The Pies, meanwhile, threatened to break open this game on several occasions, but "woulda, coulda and might've" effectively means they didn't."

WTF is he saying. Haven't read the article and I won't. But the coulda, shoulda, woulda, applies equally to carlton as us, no? These guys have to put something to paper but if you analyse it, just that quote you have there, if I was marking it would be FAIL for a basis of an argument. Cam you're the teacher here what's your mark?

Yeah I read that and came to the same conclusions as you guys about that vitriolic line.

As an exposition it's poor and relies too heavily upon personal opinion rather than factual evidence.

As a discussion it is so one sided that it has to be classed as an exposition.

Overall arguments are poor.

D-

Try again young fella.

Are you a English school teacher Cam?

I didn't know, maybe I can ask you to check my work whenever I have an assignment. Laughing

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:06 pm

I posted a comment on the Robinson article but as yet still not appearing on the site.

Actually there doesn't appear to be any comments on it.

Is this the case for everyone else or do I have something wrong with my browser?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:25 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I posted a comment on the Robinson article but as yet still not appearing on the site.

Actually there doesn't appear to be any comments on it.
Is this the case for everyone else or do I have something wrong with my browser?

I've just checked - I get the same, if that helps.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:18 pm

The Hun are very selective on which articles they enable comments for. I think it's no coincidence that any articles written by or featuring Aker are more often than not sans comments...
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:07 pm

GreekLunatic wrote:
go on talking carlton and they dont fear us in the finals. Wow theres some delusional ppl on that site

Not at all. Why should anyone at Carlton fear us in the finals?

I mean, this is Carlton we are talking about; they are a very good chance to finish 5th or 3rd and never even meet Collingwood in the finals. Nope, Carlton need to fear the likes of Essendon and Fremantle and Sydney, possibly Geelong, 'cause those are the teams that will, in all likelihood, tip Carlton out of the finals in the traditional straight sets. Carlton don't need to fear us, 'cause they aren't good enough to need to fear us. You only need to fear us if you are (a) good enough to reach the final eight, and (b) good enough to actually beat one of the other teams in the final eight so that you get to play us.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:42 pm

They are a very good chance to finish 5th indeed, no matter what they do positively between now and the finals.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:26 pm

Just watched the replay. Ball played a cracker & took many contested marks. While I gave him votes I didn't realize just how good a game he played.

Other observations included:

Our capacity to minimize the damage from players such as: Betts, Murphy, Garlett (he got away when Rounds was on him in the 3rd when Leon went forward) & Kreuzer - all were nullified from playing their best.

Having said that we had a lot of players not playing at their best but given the week that was it's more than understandable.

We are missing Dawes, Fasolo knows how to kick goals & Johnson will be better for the run great first half but seemd to tire.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:10 am

WPT, re Garlett and Rounds - do you think the youngster will have learned much from the day? How would you feel about Rounds taking Garlett in a final (assuming Carlton are so lucky as to play us in a final, and assuming that we need Rounds to cover a missing body)?
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:34 am

WTF...........Did you see it, did you all see it.

Absolutely staggered but a moment to savour.

Judd was done for holding the ball.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:37 am

Johnno75 wrote:

WTF? Are they going to appeal it? Is there an action before the Supreme Court pending?

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:51 am

Tannin wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

WTF? Are they going to appeal it? Is there an action before the Supreme Court pending?

The Giesh and the AFL are seething. This is bigger than the Heath Shaw incident. That umpire will never umpire again at this level.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:49 am

I object to Jack_Spain calling Dane Swan a hack.
Dane Swan is a champion. He should have won the 2010 Brownlow Medal.
I don't know if he's 100% injury free at present and yes his kicking did lack penetration at times on Saturday, but he was far more effective than at least 30 other players on the ground.
Jack_Spain, you should apologise!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: