Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Harry O

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
Quote:
Mark Robinson @Robbo_heraldsun 20m

Media reporting Harry O'Brien did not suffer sexual abuse .

Well that came as a surprise.....

interesting turn.

woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Beast wrote:
I wish Harry well like everyone else but after watching his impromptu presser the only feeling I got he refuses to admit what he did was wrong and decided to make everyone feel uncomfortable and sympathetic to him by bringing up his issues and shoving them down everyone's throats while asking for privacy at the same time(lol)

Which kind of falls in line with my perception of him as a human being -weak and pompous narcissist with the overblown sense of self-importance.

I'm no doctor but those aren't the characteristics of depression....a severe histrionics disorder would be my diagnosis.

Refuses to admit what he did was wrong?

From the article

"Late Monday, after Buckley had laid down the law to an apologetic O'Brien"

I dont get the impression he is running away from what he did, even Robbo seems to indicate he is apologetic.

You aren't a doctor, so maybe not so much of the diagnoses.

Winston Churchill
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Robbo didn't change the tune at all, simply updated it with the new info, first it was Harry giving Bucks an ultimatum Bucks needs to apologise to him in fron of the playing group in order of him to come back to the Club and now he's reporting Bucks laid down the law and apologetic Harry crawled back to the Club on Club's terms.
Have another go but this time with something more solid other than clutching at straws.

And one doesn't need to be a doctor to give one a diagnosis of being a weak self-obsessed narcissist.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:32 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

E wrote:
Hiss wrote:
The media are to blame for all this. They have placed so much stress on Harry and insist on these door stop interviews which cause him to make statements that should be kept private. Club has acted professionally in all this as well. Well done Ed. Well done Bucks.

Agree. I like that you can be critical of Bucks for things you dont agree with and then praise him for the good work. Its almost like you actually think.

I wish Jack Spain could learn from you great Hiss.

Great Hiss! Now that is a bit much. I stand by my support of Nathan Buckley. He will be one of the great coaches of all time. Our team need to be natured. He is blooding young stars of the future. He is supported by a great President who also has my full support. Side by Side.

woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:39 pm

John Wren wrote:
Beast wrote:
Quote:

interesting turn.

Very interesting.

Bit odd also not citing which "media".

Who is reporting it? If you are going to try to avoid having to confirm your own story by merely reporting other media's reportage, it is custmary to at least say who you are taking the story from.

Winston Churchill
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:42 pm

Beast wrote:
And seriously, I'd love to hear an opinion of someone who is qualified to comment on the issue, does Harry exhibit the signs of depression or histrionics?

Unless the opinion is that of the health professional actually treating Harry it would mean squat!

No health professional worth a pinch of salt is going to make a clinical judgement based on a few media sound bites.

He is obviously distressed and thankfully getting the right support - that surely is the most important thing at this time isn't it Confused

Not everyone fits the "textbook" when it comes to health and illness -(mental or physical) although one is certainly more stigmatized by society - labels such as what you seem to be seeking are not overly helpful Rolling Eyes

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:47 pm

E wrote:
Hiss wrote:
The media are to blame for all this. They have placed so much stress on Harry and insist on these door stop interviews which cause him to make statements that should be kept private. Club has acted professionally in all this as well. Well done Ed. Well done Bucks.

Agree. I like that you can be critical of Bucks for things you dont agree with and then praise him for the good work. Its almost like you actually think.

I think Nathan Buckley has handled this situation superbly from the start. I have no questions at all about the way he deals with the media. On that score he leaves MM for dead. Well done Nathan Buckley.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Beast wrote:
Quote:

And he (or 'they') would know this how, exactly?

Unless Harry O'Brien has come out since and said that it was untrue, that can be nothing more than baseless, malicious speculation. Robbo should be sacked for being so unprofessional.

CootaPie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Robinson is an absolute tosser. I wish he'd go half as hard on his great mate Hird for overseeing one of the greatest disgraces in the game's history as he has on Harry. He's a joke
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:01 pm

David wrote:
Beast wrote:
Quote:

And he (or 'they') would know this how, exactly?

Unless Harry O'Brien has come out since and said that it was untrue, that's a totally scurrilous claim. Robbo should be sacked.

Maybe its because it was one of Harry's closed ones that got abused and not Harry and the media find out?
And most people know someone who has been sexually abused but do not resort to garnering publics sympathy and excusing their shortcomings by it.
And if Robbo is wrong Harry is welcome to sue him, in the meantime you're welcome to call for Robbo's head because he doesn't conform to your ideology.
Just like I am welcome to laugh at you calling Robbo's inside mail as malicious but at the same time believe Harry's tripe 100% Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Beast wrote:
David wrote:
Beast wrote:
he refuses to admit what he did was wrong

If he believes that that is the case, then he probably already has in private, to the relevant parties. It would be absolutely absurd to offer a public apology on what was an in-house matter. Surely even you can see that.

You're speculating while I'm basing my view on the facts in front of us.
And nothing is as absurd as shoving his issues down everyone's throat, to Collingwood's big surprise I might add and then asking for privacy.

Beast wrote:
I'm no doctor

David wrote:
And yet you still feel qualified to comment on the subject of O'Brien's mental state. Seriously. Let it go.

I'm qualified to comment on histrionics due to one of my ex's, Harry is a carbon copy of her, apart from the looks.

And seriously, I'd love to hear an opinion of someone who is qualified to comment on the issue, does Harry exhibit the signs of depression or histrionics?

You know Harry as well as your ex hey?

Hmmm

I know why there is an x there

There isn't one in "compassion".

A little here would not hurt mate

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Hiss wrote:
E wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Great Hiss! Now that is a bit much. I stand by my support of Nathan Buckley. He will be one of the great coaches of all time. Our team need to be natured. He is blooding young stars of the future. He is supported by a great President who also has my full support. Side by Side.

You're a wicked man Hiss.....BTW does 'natured' mean to defecate on their feet in order to enhance growth or are we into nurturing as well down at the Westpac Centre?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Beast wrote:
Robbo didn't change the tune at all, simply updated it with the new info, first it was Harry giving Bucks an ultimatum Bucks needs to apologise to him in fron of the playing group in order of him to come back to the Club and now he's reporting Bucks laid down the law and apologetic Harry crawled back to the Club on Club's terms.
Have another go but this time with something more solid other than clutching at straws.

And one doesn't need to be a doctor to give one a diagnosis of being a weak self-obsessed narcissist.

Yeah well, with that statement, your obviously a lost cause,
my old man was like that

And now he's just a sad lonely old man, it's sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Hiss wrote:
E wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Gees Hiss mate, what ever side of bed you got out of today, stick with it.
Happy days Wink

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Beast wrote:

A little harsh. To give you your due, you seem pretty obsessed with Harry, not just yourself Wink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14   

Jump to: