Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It’s black and white: Daisy’s no Blue

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I do miss Daisy in full flight. He was a terrific player. Daisy playing as he is now, or for 2012-2013? No, not so much,
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:23 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I do miss Daisy in full flight. He was a terrific player. Daisy playing as he is now, or for 2012-2013? No, not so much,

Yep. Carlton gambled that going back to his old coach would get him back to being the player he used to be, and early returns say they're wrong.

But what he is now shouldn't take away from what he used to be. Anyone who was on the MCG on 2/10/10 is ok by me. Especially when you consider we never would have got there without his great efforts the week before.

He was a damn good player, Collingwood got rid of him at the exact right time and now he's not so good. So be it. I don't take any happiness in seeing him struggle, other than that it means Carlton has royally screwed their cap (not that that matters to the paper bagging bastards running that ****hole).

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:53 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Not what Leigh said at all. He said Thomas was lacking his usual pace and run, but that this could improve with greater match fitness.

We all know that Thomas was never the most skilled by foot or the most consistent ball winner at our club. His greatest asset was always his run and fitness. Lose that and he looks ordinary. There's no reason to think that he'll never get close to that level of fitness again.

Yes he basically did say that.

Bruce asked Leigh if Carlton made the right call getting Thomas. Lethal said " Not if he's getting paid 700K as reputed, it's a bad investment". This took place in the last quarter just after Carlton kicked their second goal. He made no mention of him getting fitness or whatever you're referring to and was actually quite blunt about it (as Leigh generally is).

If you missed this bit fair enough but don't go off half cocked and tell someone they're wrong when you don't know what they're referring to.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:19 pm

^^"big fat dud" ? Don't recall those words. He did say Thomas may not be worth 700k, and I'd agree. On his form: he suggested it seems to be down to a lack of match fitness and that he may be able to recover that over time.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:33 pm

"Big fat dud" was my interpretation of Leigh saying Carlton had made a poor investment, which on exposed form he is at the moment. OK maybe I exaggerated a tad.

That said he may indeed get better with match fitness but watching it again today I'm not that sure either. Even early in the game watching Thomas trying to chase, he looked like he was wearing lead boots. He had none of that burst of speed he used to have and really laboured out there.

Fair enough on the gut running taking a bit of time to get back but he seriously looks to have lost a couple of yards of pace (at least) over 15-20 metres and I'm not sure he'll ever get that back. It really does look like the last two years have taken a toll on his body.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:34 pm

Daisy Fits in well with the Scum
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Yep. Carlton gambled that going back to his old coach would get him back to being the player he used to be, and early returns say they're wrong.

But what he is now shouldn't take away from what he used to be. Anyone who was on the MCG on 2/10/10 is ok by me. Especially when you consider we never would have got there without his great efforts the week before.

He was a damn good player, Collingwood got rid of him at the exact right time and now he's not so good. So be it. I don't take any happiness in seeing him struggle, other than that it means Carlton has royally screwed their cap (not that that matters to the paper bagging bastards running that ****hole).

well said
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:44 am

daisy is a $400,000 player..will be serviceable for the Scum..but that's it. paid overs. Liked him as a Pie, but now he's there...***k him.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:07 am

Dollar Daisy has chosen the evil empire, and must now live with his decision. He will never be part of another flag team, and when the scum sack the old fart, he will be lost and forlorn. He is a shadow of the player he once was, the scum have £$%$ed up big, screw them and him.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
E 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:32 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Dollar Daisy has chosen the evil empire, and must now live with his decision. He will never be part of another flag team, and when the scum sack the old fart, he will be lost and forlorn. He is a shadow of the player he once was, the scum have £$%$ed up big, screw them and him.

I also left my old job for a bucket load of money. I do miss the old place. regrets?? none!

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:18 am

He has no muscle definition either, looks like a 15 year old. I actually would like to see him back to his best, I can look past the pathetic "let's hate him" approach and enjoy good footballers. As long as we beat Carlton, that is.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:27 pm

E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I also left my old job for a bucket load of money. I do miss the old place. regrets?? none!

IF we win a flag with this young side, he may regret it, cos the Scum wont give him the ultimate now. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:48 pm

As I've said before, I think this decision will be a huge regret when Daisy's career is over. It certainly was for Peter Moore. Daisy will struggle to deal with the pressure to perform that goes with taking a big contract. The money is great but unless you are performing to that level then it can become a burden. This is what I think is happening with him now & will continue to haunt him. He just isn't a $700,000 a year player. He will feel that pressure from his own fans & he will feel it with the media questioning his value.

I was also quite surprised with the reception he got from our players. Both during & even after the game. Not a lot of warmth for Daisy after the siren.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

IF we win a flag with this young side, he may regret it, cos the Scum wont give him the ultimate now. Razz

Yeah but would he get a game? Methinks not

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:41 pm

woftam wrote:
As I've said before, I think this decision will be a huge regret when Daisy's career is over. It certainly was for Peter Moore. Daisy will struggle to deal with the pressure to perform that goes with taking a big contract. The money is great but unless you are performing to that level then it can become a burden. This is what I think is happening with him now & will continue to haunt him. He just isn't a $700,000 a year player. He will feel that pressure from his own fans & he will feel it with the media questioning his value.

I was also quite surprised with the reception he got from our players. Both during & even after the game. Not a lot of warmth for Daisy after the siren.

This echoes pretty much how I feel.

After the siren, I thought there would have been more "chumminess" so-to-speak from the pies players, but there was pretty much bugger all apart from a few sentences with Swanny, and the regulation handshakes with the players.

If Dale is getting paid an estimated $650-$700K, I can't blame him for taking the cash. He knows himself, that the repeat ankle injuries could kill his career at any time, and it was probably better for him to jump at the big contract. The lure of Father figure Mick would've played a huge part too. The good thing is, Collingwood's hands are clean.

The pressure will be massive on Dale due to the estimated size and length of the contract, but surely he would have realised that before signing with Carlton? Perhaps a full pre-season will see him performing better.

Anyone want to take a pick as to which South Australian team Bryce Gibbs will be playing for next year? Absolute goner I reckon.

Go the Pies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 8 of 18   

Jump to: