Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Blues - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yagmoor is better then Armstrong and that us saying a lot
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:56 pm

One word:

KILL!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Can’t Handle The Truth…Hey?

I can actually handle any truth DTM, but what I'm doing with you is questioning the validity of your truth that Armstrong is a dud after just 6 rounds this season! Even for YOU, that is an extremely quick piss off notice for a current player!

All I'm saying is that we need to support this guy and give him reasonable time to shine. IF at the end of the season he hasn’t shown much, I'll agree with you and the other Armstrong bashers mate. Ever heard of giving someone a fair go DTM? Let's do that in this case.
Until then, the ONLY Armstrong I want to see bashed to death here is a drugged up bloke named Lance..... Evil or Very Mad
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:24 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

leave it be dave. i have a lot of time for the likes of armstrong and yagmoor. they are busting their gut for the club. their abilities may not be up there with some of our best but it takes all types to establish a strong team and club.

armstrong has fitted into the club very well. ripper bloke too. so is yags.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Dave does go to most of our VFL games, I don't, I can only gauge what I have seen of Armstrong on tele, and whilst he looks a bit of a goer, I cant really comment on him. Like, I thought Yagmoor looked fairly ok last week on tele, but should he get a game now, or only if injuries really kick in. I would prefer guys like seedsman, Sinclair before Armstrong, but hey, if Bucks thinks he deserves a go, in a big game, then who am I to argue with him ? Confused Cool

DTM may well have a point Piesnchess but what I'm questioning is the utter haste in making a dud call after just 6 rounds at a new club. Rolling Eyes That is bullshit and he probably deep down DTM knows it as an intelligent Collingwood supporter. We are NOT like Richmond who eat their young.
We need to give Armstrong more time before making such a decision, and like you said, let’s leave team recruiting and selections to the Club who know best, much better than you, me, DMT and the rest of Nick's...... Rolling Eyes
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Guys, I have been to 3 VFL games, including pre season and vs Ess on Sat. Armstrong, as much as I want him to be a gun, has shown zero so far to suggest he is up to AFL standard. A half fit Marley is better value.

Based on watching Armstrong in the NAB Cup, VFL practice matches and VFL season so far, I'd rather they played a cardboard cut-out of Denis O'Callaghan.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:32 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

leave it be dave. i have a lot of time for the likes of armstrong and yagmoor. they are busting their gut for the club. their abilities may not be up there with some of our best but it takes all types to establish a strong team and club.

Ripper Blokes does not mean you get a game in the 1sts

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Guys, I have been to 3 VFL games, including pre season and vs Ess on Sat. Armstrong, as much as I want him to be a gun, has shown zero so far to suggest he is up to AFL standard. A half fit Marley is better value.

Based on watching Armstrong in the NAB Cup, VFL practice matches and VFL season so far, I'd rather they played a cardboard cut-out of Denis O'Callaghan.

That IS harsh! Denis had a beard to hide behind........ Twisted Evil Razz
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

SO DTM, why all this anger towards Armstrong mate? Sounds a bit sus! You are merely parroting "he is a dud", "Shouldn't play seniors" crap but haven't as yet addressed even ONE of the points I made in previous posts challenging your opinion. Talk some sense to me backing up your assertions instead of repeating crap! For example, do you agree with the notion of giving players a fair go DTM? Do you think the Club has done this with your buddy Witts? If so, why not with Armstrong? Is it that you have some hidden agendas here?

I get it that you think he is a dud but do YOU get it that he needs far more time than bloody 6 rounds of footy to settle into a new club environment and show his talents?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Rolling Eyes i never said that they should get games cos they are ripper blokes.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:35 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Rolling Eyes i never said that they should get games cos they are ripper blokes.

I actually didn't think DTM was like that but it seems to me that he is just like some fairly typical posters on Nick's who hate certain Collingwood players but cannot quite explain their reasons.
I mean, to consign a Collingwood player into the garbage bin after just 6 rounds is not only bloody ridiculous but also damn stupid.... Rolling Eyes .
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:41 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
If Armstrong gets onto the MCG on Friday night I will be cheering him on as I do all the boys. This guy is small by stature but I think he has some real big games bottled up inside of him.

This is the sort of depth player you want waiting in the wings. Young, confident, tough, hungry and eager to succeed.

In terms of a direct replacement for Fas, Armstrong may be number 1 on the list, given his disposal skills, and that he has been playing the same position in the VFL. His lack of strength would have to be a concern down back, but this could be offset by playing on Garlett.

I'd have Clarke ahead if him based on the VFL game Saturday. But I wouldn't rule out Marley. He doesn't have match fitness but as far as I know he's done all the training since he withdrew from the pre-season game and the 3 quarters Saturday may be enough to propel him into the seniors if his ankle is ok. Maybe even as sub.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:51 pm

Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

SO DTM, why all this anger towards Armstrong mate? Sounds a bit sus! You are merely parroting "he is a dud", "Shouldn't play seniors" crap but haven't as yet addressed even ONE of the points I made in previous posts challenging your opinion. Talk some sense to me backing up your assertions instead of repeating crap! For example, do you agree with the notion of giving players a fair go DTM? Do you think the Club has done this with your buddy Witts? If so, why not with Armstrong? Is it that you have some hidden agendas here?

I get it that you think he is a dud but do YOU get it that he needs far more time than bloody 6 rounds of footy to settle into a new club environment and show his talents?

Does not get the Hardball and his kicking is only good when he by himself and not under pressure.

Don’t seem him lay tackle or chase his opposition

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

That IS harsh! Denis had a beard to hide behind........ Twisted Evil Razz

Hey you guys, leave O Callaghan alone, when I wore flairs, platform shoes and bodyshirts he was one of my all time fave players. Exclamation Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Does not get the Hardball and his kicking is only good when he by himself and not under pressure.

Don’t seem him lay tackle or chase his opposition

So you don't see any room for improvement as the year develops? For the coaches to work with him like they have with numerous other players who have been in a similar position when they first arrived at the club? Time for him to learn our team structures compared to Sydney's and for his confidence and performances to rise as a result? Is 6 rounds at a new club enough for all this to happen?
You are a very harsh man DTM........ Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 8 of 20   

Jump to: