Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Suns - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods wrote:
FYI - weather forecast for Sat. 5 July

Gold Coast area
Max. 23C.
A few showers and the chance of a thunderstorm early in the morning, clearing to a mostly sunny day. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day.

Sitting on the balcony of our hotel, looking out at the sea, it's 9.14am, and I'm wearing tshirt and shorts, and that sun has finally seeped through to my Victorian bones! OMG it feels so good. I get why people go for the suns! Embarassed

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:56 am

think positive wrote:
Woods wrote:

Gold Coast area
Max. 23C.
A few showers and the chance of a thunderstorm early in the morning, clearing to a mostly sunny day. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day.

Sitting on the balcony of our hotel, looking out at the sea, it's 9.14am, and I'm wearing tshirt and shorts, and that sun has finally seeped through to my Victorian bones! OMG it feels so good. I get why people go for the suns! Embarassed

Now Now TP. Don't be tempted by the dark side. That is exactly how Dimwit Dimmy would like you to feel. Us Pies supporters are made of sterner stuff lol.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:52 am

Grundy replacing White is a good move. With Elliot out, it does leave us vulnerable. If Cloke is controlled, then we won't kick a big enough score to win. Need our midfielders to create a target up forward. Am confident they can and therefore confident in a 5 goal win.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:20 am

think positive wrote:
Woods wrote:

Gold Coast area
Max. 23C.

Really? I thought it was a bit cold this morning Very Happy

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:20 pm

WE will miss Elliott badly, but I like our INS. Still cant fathom what Martin has to do to get a gig, logical to replace Elliot with him ??. Who can now help Trav kick goals ??. Going to be a real tough game, up there, on the big G wed win quite well, but up there, I dunno, just hope we can scrape a win. Put the Caff on Yablett, and hold him down, for sure.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Thomas and Blair both a little fortunate.

Thought one at least might make way for Broomhead or an elevated Martin.

Guess the Elliott injury helped there cause.

Hopefully Kennedy can continue his good showing from last week up forward with stints on the ball.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:56 pm

The loss to the Suns was one of the worst we experienced last year. The boys went up there in holiday mode and paid the price. This game will be a real test for us and one thing for sure, we cannot allow one Gary Ablett Jnr to run amuck like he did last year.

Jamie is a massive out for us but if we play as a committed team that want to win, we will.

Adz 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Head says GC, heart says Pies.

Based on form this could get ugly.

Suns by 38.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:03 pm

Based on form?

We've both played Hawks in the last couple of weeks.

We fought hard and were eventually overcome by a combination of good Hawks play and diabolical umpiring decisions.

They had their arses handed to them by enough to lift the Hawks percentage by enough to take them to the top of the ladder.

Based on form we win easily

Adz 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:06 pm

We fell over the line against the bottom 4 Blues; they Suns flogged the top 4 Cats.

Plus if they stop Cloke we won't kick more than 7 goals all game.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Scary to think how good these expansion teams are going to become, i think we should win this though, Lose and we're pretenders IMO.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:21 pm

^ The Suns are all attack and their defence is sus, at best, if cloke can fire and others up forward like grundy, can have a red hot go, we can put em under real pressure. Contain ablett via the Caff, and we can do it, we sure wont be in holiday mode like last year. As Pendles said, we owe them one now. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^ The Suns are all attack and their defence is sus, at best, if cloke can fire and others up forward like grundy, can have a red hot go, we can put em under real pressure. Contain ablett via the Caff, and we can do it, we sure wont be in holiday mode like last year. As Pendles said, we owe them one now. !

Not sure the Caff has the pace to keep up with Gazza, I wouldn't mind Marley getting the gig, play Caff fwd.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:34 pm

Adz wrote:
We fell over the line against the bottom 4 Blues; they Suns flogged the top 4 Cats.

The Suns lost last week by 56 points.

The week before they 'flogged' the Cats by 40, but the Cats are not Top 4, not now and not again for many years. They are on the slide and needed umpire assistance to get over the Bombers by 9 points last week.

We did not 'fall over the line' against the Blues, they were good but we controlled that game from start to finish. They simply refused to go away. They have beaten Adelaide and can play good footy on their day. They did against us.

Your form argument is bunkum.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
Adz wrote:

The Suns lost last week by 56 points.

The week before they 'flogged' the Cats by 40, but the Cats are not Top 4, not now and not again for many years. They are on the slide and needed umpire assistance to get over the Bombers by 9 points last week.

We did not 'fall over the line' against the Blues, they were good but we controlled that game from start to finish. They simply refused to go away. They have beaten Adelaide and can play good footy on their day. They did against us.

Your form argument is bunkum.

I don't think we should be so dismissive of their form, particularly on their patch. Only the Swans and the Hawks have beaten them there this season. I'm certainly not confident we can beat them up there. Hope we can, time will tell.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: