Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckley's post-match interview is now up on the club website.

Far ranging and balanced responses touching on many aspects of the game and the season, eg. positioning and performance of players (Reid was "rusty"), umpiring ("no favours" today).

He says game was lost in two short periods of poor play in the first and last quarters when intensity dropped off.

Might be best to have look before waking up to tomorrow's no doubt 'end-of-the-world' media commentary.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-07-27/match-report-crows-storm-home
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:14 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Just got home! Well what can I say. Many fans did the death walk well before the final siren. They were disgusted as they are entitled to be. I was happy with our effort actually. I go to Collingwood games expecting to lose now so I do not get disappointed. And thanks to the Board for the shit overpriced facilities again. They got us into this terrible MCG facility. No real home ground again. What I do notice is how they get the best seats, food, car parks etc, while we poor fans rot in that overpriced rip off ground and watch our team going backwards.

Our Club is rotting. It has been hijacked and we fans have no real say. So guess what! Many fans who once went every week now have stopped going. And they have found other things to do with their weekends. These are generations who will be virtually impossible to win back to regular attendances. Why would a family pay the food prices, admission prices, put up with this disgusting fixture, tolerate that vomit inducing half time entertainment, be locked out of finals tickets, rip off car parking, and a Club that wants fans but insists on a control structure akin to a private corporate Club? Me says no thanks until these greedy filthy corporate types stop wrecking our game.

Today was an example how we will become a permanent fixture in the bottom eight from now on. And if any tool on here can justify that, then please explain how clubs like Hawthorn, Geelong, etc can maintain a strongly competitive edge for so long? That's comparing apples with apples I say.

Tonight we just wrecked our season. What a disgrace. And I bet they will be doing some great end of season trip. Wow what a life. No job I know rewards failure like modern footy..

That's exactly why I don't go to any live footy matches any more Hiss. The game is just NOT the same. And we play such an UGLY brand of footy. I can't believe that in 2011 we would go to games expecting to win by at least 60 points every week. Only Geelong was our achilles heel. Little did we know that they would be our salad days. It's ALL over now Baby Blue. Sad

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:22 pm

I think the writing was on the wall. We had to play the kids and see what KMart and Broomhead can do. I hope we persist with generally the same lineup.

We were only 8 months younger than the Crows. We were 6 games more experienced and on average taller and heavier according to the stats.

Our remaining games are: Port (MCG), Eagles (Subi), Brisbane (MCG), GWS (Spotless), Hawks (MCG). We could definitely win 4/5. An important game will be Lions v Crows (Gabba) that might decide if it's us or them in 8th spot.

----------
------------
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:31 pm

collie dog wrote:
I'm surprised An_Inkling didn't nominate Jarrod Witts as Best on Ground. Laughing

I'm not sure Witts has received votes from me in any game this year.

Tonight, unlike when he outplayed Ceglar, he was beaten by his direct opponent so definitely would not be receiving any votes.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:34 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

collie dog wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Just got home! Well what can I say. Many fans did the death walk well before the final siren. They were disgusted as they are entitled to be. I was happy with our effort actually. I go to Collingwood games expecting to lose now so I do not get disappointed. And thanks to the Board for the shit overpriced facilities again. They got us into this terrible MCG facility. No real home ground again. What I do notice is how they get the best seats, food, car parks etc, while we poor fans rot in that overpriced rip off ground and watch our team going backwards.

Our Club is rotting. It has been hijacked and we fans have no real say. So guess what! Many fans who once went every week now have stopped going. And they have found other things to do with their weekends. These are generations who will be virtually impossible to win back to regular attendances. Why would a family pay the food prices, admission prices, put up with this disgusting fixture, tolerate that vomit inducing half time entertainment, be locked out of finals tickets, rip off car parking, and a Club that wants fans but insists on a control structure akin to a private corporate Club? Me says no thanks until these greedy filthy corporate types stop wrecking our game.

Today was an example how we will become a permanent fixture in the bottom eight from now on. And if any tool on here can justify that, then please explain how clubs like Hawthorn, Geelong, etc can maintain a strongly competitive edge for so long? That's comparing apples with apples I say.

Tonight we just wrecked our season. What a disgrace. And I bet they will be doing some great end of season trip. Wow what a life. No job I know rewards failure like modern footy..

That's exactly why I don't go to any live footy matches any more Hiss. The game is just NOT the same. And we play such an UGLY brand of footy. I can't believe that in 2011 we would go to games expecting to win by at least 60 points every week. Only Geelong was our achilles heel. Little did we know that they would be our salad days. It's ALL over now Baby Blue. Sad

2011 was one of the most unenjoyable years of football I can remember... just horrid. Yes we were winning almost everything but our "brand" of football was already stinking.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:41 pm

think positive wrote:
So who's with me next week?

Go Pies.

I'll be there cheering on the boys again despite the crap timeslot.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:42 pm

melliot wrote:
I'm totally flat. We've been an uninspiring team since Bux took over. Even after a win, it's a battle to enjoy a replay.

We now play an uninspiring brand that loses games.

I think it's gonna get worse before it gets better. We may go further backwards next year. Cos our footy brand is bottom 4 style and only made to look better by some scrap.

Melliot, I'm curious, which teams play a "good" brand of football? Almost every game I have turned on this year I have turned off fairly quickly because quite frankly it's been boring as bat shit.

Freo copped a lot of flash for their style of game going into the GF but Hawthorn's keepings of - albeit skilful - is just as boring. Melbourne... boring. Sydney.... shut down kings... boring. Carlton.... yeah whatever.... I could go on but I won't.

I think you're drinking from that glass half empty glass again.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:51 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
collie dog wrote:
I'm surprised An_Inkling didn't nominate Jarrod Witts as Best on Ground. Laughing

I'm not sure Witts has received votes from me in any game this year.

Tonight, unlike when he outplayed Ceglar, he was beaten by his direct opponent so definitely would not be receiving any votes.

He was beaten, no doubt, but he stood up. Battled manfully. Even outmuscled Jacobs a couple of times and was robbed by the ump in one such instance.

His colours were not lowered and I thought his game was a positive overall.

Peeps around here mourning the loss of Ceglar should dwell a moment on the fact that Carlton gave away Jacobs. Because they had Kreuzer. And Warnock.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:57 pm

On a positive note we did win the clearances tonight. And we did it with a couple of new faces:

Beams: 7
Lumumba: 7 (best midfield game he's played)
Blair: 5
Pendlebury: 5
Adams: 4

Lumumba and Blair provided some good ball-winning ability. Lumumba in particular looked very good in this role. His clean hands at stoppages led to a number of clear breakaways.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:05 pm

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
So who's with me next week?

Go Pies.

I'll be there cheering on the boys again despite the crap timeslot.

Wink

We need a new meeting place the bar is gone!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:08 pm

I know I saw it today.

I think the new bar is going to be called the 'Outer Bar' and is going to have its grand opening on Grand Final Day this year Wink

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:14 pm

Sack the boot studder. He has well and truly us, and that bloke in the club cafe - well screw him too. Don't get me started on the coaches, because I know exactly what those prats are doing so I can tell you they should all go. Hell bring back the New Muppets, sorry the New Magpies because those guys were onto something when they got rid of some wannabe coach mid-season.
Can anyone here bagging this beautiful club that has been a part of my life for 36 years please tell me which other club lost 4premiership players this week.
Oh I'm making excuses. No the I am not. I am sticking with them. In 1984 we lost a preliminary final to Essendon by well over 13 goals. I stayed to the final siren. Because i Was taught that you stick by someone when things are tough. Do you think firing someone means we are better placed next year. We gave mm 10years. And he was responsible for 2011 - no one else.

We make a choice. We make a choice. We either look out for each other, or we become Bitchmond, or Carlton who tries to cheat the system at every course, or it become whoever. Be critical of the club, yes, have strong views, absolutely. But the vitriol on here when we are fielding an under 25 side is
Thank god for Lazza and Piesnchess.
Oh and by the way even though I am a club plant I still blame Buckley for every injury we have got this year.
I think of everyone of you as my brother, or my sister - we have this great passion for the club that unites us, we can talk forever about Millane, or Daicos or Shaw or Ataata - but enough of the vitriol

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:15 pm

No surprising the umpiring was poor with Stevic involved.

What was the final tally?

I swear we are the only side capable of hosting an interstate side and still losing the free kick count.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:16 pm

Free kicks: 20-18, Adelaide.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:16 pm

swoop42 wrote:
No surprising the umpiring was poor with Stevic involved.

What was the final tally?

I swear we are the only side capable of hosting an interstate side and still losing the free kick count.

Collingwood 18-20 Adelaide. Hard to believe Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: