Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Eagles pulverise Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Win-Loss. Finals or not.

I just want to see us play decent team footy. I haven't seen it for so long.

The rest will take care of its self.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:28 pm

Absolute pathetic we where today. Young players or not. We can't stand up under pressure and it's really shit. I just hope we are on the right track. I' don't know that we are. I love bucks and sometimes I see where we are heading I just need to be patient I think.
Carro 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:28 pm

Defender wrote:
Leggie wrote:
Defender wrote:
Buckley has £$%$ed our club, it's as simple as that, anyone who disagrees needs to get off the gear, the longer he stays the longer his mess will take to clean, he has NFI.

Ah yes it's true. You area fu...n comedian. Rolling Eyes

There's nothing funny about it.

Do one you <SNIP>
edit by bbmods
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:29 pm

BBHS wrote:
Absolute pathetic we where today. Young players or not. We can't stand up under pressure and it's really shit. I just hope we are on the right track. I' don't know that we are. I love bucks and sometimes I see where we are heading I just need to be patient I think.

I agree that at time you can see what he is trying to do but at other times we look Terrible and have no idea what they want to do

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:00 am

collie dog wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Well the "perceptive fellow" will be out in force this week and rightly so.

I will be very restrained this week. I don't really feel sad, just empty, like reality has forced us all to finally accept that we are no longer a serious football club after setting the standard in 2010 and 11. How the mighty have fallen. Sad

Collie dog I've been critical of the ""perceptive fellow"" brigade but based on yesterday's effort they may have been closer to the truth of where we are at than I was.
I normally IQ every game and rewatch it so I can get a second chance to find some positives but I have deleted the game already without viewing.
For mine we have a huge issue with our list. We have 2 A graders Pendles and Beams thats it. Sidey can be one for part of a match but not for 4 qtrs. Cloke is a shadow of himself from 2011/12/13.
Good sides that contend have 5 or 6 certain A graders and a lot of players pushing to become them. We don't and while we have several players with promise it there inconsistency of effort from quarter to quarter that has me concerned.
We have to many slow paced 185cm players who can't kick.
Blair couldn't get a game at St Kilda, Harry butchers so much ball by trying to go that extra step or two, Tooves just isn't the same player after his reco, Williams just seems to have lost that run and carry, Fas while a great kick generally has no awareness of his opponent.
I'm just completely empty
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:06 am

mudlark wrote:
To say I'm devastated is an under statement. I have been reading the comments today and notwithstanding the disgraceful performance of the "Umpires"??? ,equally disgraceful,considering it would cement a finals position,was the effort of most of the players. There was no heart,apart from a reasonable 2nd qtr,poor disposal,which has been a Collingwood trait now for years and a sense we have once again dropped the ball on recruiting.
I watched every kick of the game and to be blunt ,I feel humiliated to be a Collingwood supporter today. I have been a member of Collingwood for 25 years and I will not be renewing my membership next year. The club has lost it's soul and it doesn't need the likes of me,who yearns for the days when Collingwood at least turned up to play,regardless of the talent.
I'm totally turned off by the modern game and the umpiring??? Nothing more to said there. I know we have had unimaginable injuries and we've played more youngsters than anyone else,but enough is enough for me.There comes a time for everything and I'm going to play golf.FOOORREEE!!!!

my sentiments exactly; just don't relate your bad form on the course to anything collingwood and you might end up liking both sports equal.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:35 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I maintain what I said last week that Buckley is a good match day coach, but doesn't know how to structure the team. We have the basis of a very good football team with a lot of talented young players coming through. What we don't have is a settled team at the moment, hence we witness sloppy dreadful mistakes on the field. It didn't help losing Adams last week at the point where he was just starting to show something. It irritates me watching Grundy and Ball playing in the VFL yesterday when they should have been in Perth today. Langdon has been down on form since he got knocked out. He then plays his best game for several weeks against Port last week, so what happens this week. He gets dropped! Kennedy is an inside mid who thrives on hard work so why has he played so many games this year as a sub? Why has every other AFL side been playing taller inside mids this year, whereas Collingwood plays small inside mids, not just one or two, but three, four or five every game. White is a limited player who plays as a third tall forward (same as Lynch) so Buckley insists on playing him as a second ruck. I hope people realise today watching him perform against a quality ruck combination that White can't play as a second ruck. I could go on and one that the teams we have fielded this year do not have the right combination of mids, backs and forwards to beat quality oppositions. All is not lost. With the players coming through from the back half of our list and the recruitment of Moore and at least one other tall forward and tall defender in this year's draft, we have all the ingredients needed to move back up the ladder.

That'll do me. Great post.

tomhacker38 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:57 am
Post subject: !!!!!Reply with quote

[quote="magirl"]
magpiemike wrote:
Four players tried their guts out this arvo. The rest were lost, sick, stupid, lazy, or a combination of all. Blame the coach all you like, but you'd be wrong. If they were playing on commission, we'd be a lot higher than we are. A few high paid overrated embarrassments out there.

My question to that is Why weren't they playing their guts out. What do yo think is the cause of that. If a team is under performing in any sphere, should you not look at all the possible causes? I love our coach, but to not look at this aspect of what might be going wrong along with all the other aspects would be ridiculous.

Getting the best out of a team is what being a leader is all about.

West pack or Lexus Centre??? THEY R not hungry enough because they have it too good
tomhacker38 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:01 am
Post subject: QLD magpieReply with quote

[quote="qldmagpie67"]
collie dog wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

I will be very restrained this week. I don't really feel sad, just empty, like reality has forced us all to finally accept that we are no longer a serious football club after setting the standard in 2010 and 11. How the mighty have fallen. Sad

Collie dog I've been critical of the ""perceptive fellow"" brigade but based on yesterday's effort they may have been closer to the truth of where we are at than I was.
I normally IQ every game and rewatch it so I can get a second chance to find some positives but I have deleted the game already without viewing.
For mine we have a huge issue with our list. We have 2 A graders Pendles and Beams thats it. Sidey can be one for part of a match but not for 4 qtrs. Cloke is a shadow of himself from 2011/12/13.
Good sides that contend have 5 or 6 certain A graders and a lot of players pushing to become them. We don't and while we have several players with promise it there inconsistency of effort from quarter to quarter that has me concerned.
Blair couldn't get a game at St Kilda, Harry butchers so much ball by trying to go that extra step or two, Tooves just isn't the same player after his reco, Williams just seems to have lost that run and carry, Fas while a great kick generally has no awareness of his opponent.

You r not alone mate. Was talking to Kevin Sheedy and asked his opinion of our list and he said something similar; we need 6+ quality players ASAP

Season is over, hope we don't make the 8. Will b one less disappointing game to watch
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:06 am
Post subject: Re: !!!!!Reply with quote

[quote="tomhacker38"]
magirl wrote:
magpiemike wrote:
Four players tried their guts out this arvo. The rest were lost, sick, stupid, lazy, or a combination of all. Blame the coach all you like, but you'd be wrong. If they were playing on commission, we'd be a lot higher than we are. A few high paid overrated embarrassments out there.

My question to that is Why weren't they playing their guts out. What do yo think is the cause of that. If a team is under performing in any sphere, should you not look at all the possible causes? I love our coach, but to not look at this aspect of what might be going wrong along with all the other aspects would be ridiculous.

Getting the best out of a team is what being a leader is all about.

West pack or Lexus Centre??? THEY R not hungry enough because they have it too good

I agree totally with that last line. Been saying it since 2011.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:40 am
Post subject: Re: QLD magpieReply with quote

[quote="tomhacker38"]
qldmagpie67 wrote:
collie dog wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

You r not alone mate. Was talking to Kevin Sheedy and asked his opinion of our list and he said something similar; we need 6+ quality players ASAP

Season is over, hope we don't make the 8. Will b one less disappointing game to watch

Finals would give us a false sense of hope IMO. Sheedy isn't my fav person by a long way but he is a decent judge of football granted. I can see us looking to trade or draft for 2yrs to fill the gaps we have. We desperately need a true key forward move Trav to CHF and let him run. Move Reid back he is after all a AA defender. We need 3 6ft plus inside outside mids in the Pendles mold. Beams and Pendles have been left to carry the burden this year way to much and when they are held we look terrible simple as that. Sidey is a gun no doubt and a absolute great reader of a game ( his running bouncing goal yesterday set up by a majestic handball from Pendles) but on 2 occasions out of our forward 50 his direct opponent become the running link man through the centre when they went coast to coast untouched to goal. You can clearly see sidey jogging 30m behind just looking. His lack of defensive pressure and drifting in and out of games is a huge issue. He should be rated a A grader by now but these little lapses hurt.
Marley looks lost at times and isn't showing his run and carry. Fas hasn't learned how to be accountable yet. How he got left on Nic Nat on the goal line defies belief. We play our best football playing tight man on man but yesterday we let west coast mids run free. Priddis 40+ with 10 tackles 9 clearances 9 inside 50's a goal is a huge blight on our team and coaching. Surely we could have sent Pendles to him to try to make him accountable both ways.
I see promise in some of our young players but they need to turn promise into performance quickly.
Young Blair Harry must be considered not required at seasons end. If they have any value at the trade table good take what we can get in draft picks and hope Hine can find another Beams at 29 again or something equivalent.
When half your team is around 185cm you know you have list issues. I watched the hawks game on th weekend and when they were in there huddle the height variations was very noticeable fast forward to yesterday and we had a few talls and the rest basically the same size.
I just don't know if we are heading in the right direction now. Our week to week performances are so varied it leaves me pondering what the heck is happening.
Our selection lately has become a farce I don't know who comes up with some of these selections but OMG get someone there who can actually make sensible selections.
If Ball is done then come out and say so. He served us well and played a vital role in the 2010 premiership and has been a good servant. So give Thomas games and let him get experience.
Adams injury was costly he finally looked comfortable.
Give Martin some games and I mean 4 quarters not as a sub.
Witts looks very tired. He has battled manfully and looks like he needs a rest. Give Grundy some games now it doesn't count. I've wondered if all the frees against him early in the season killed his confidence.
Reid is starting to look better but play him back as a general. Play white as a forward with Karnezis and Cloke, Elliott, Kennedy & Fas. We need goal kickers.
I've been so positive all season and have argued with others but after yesterday I've formed the counter opinion we may have been living in a dream world after our 8-2 start.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:52 am

AN_Inkling wrote:

I don't think there was anything in this game to be overly upset about, the effort was there, the Eagles simply outplayed us. A disappointing loss but not one that was all that surprising, nor one that I'd consider season defining. We've lacked run all year and this has become a strength for the Eagles, add to that our loss of inside players and it was never going to be an easy task. We looked ok for most of the second quarter, it was just the rest of the match that was a problem Wink.

Stayed away from Nick's until I'd calmed down and sobered up, but I really do want to take issue with the above Inky. There was plenty in the game to be upset about because the effort simply wasn't AFL standard.

The Eagles applied clinical pressure to the Collingwood ball carrier to force contests, won the contested ball and then used the ball beautifully to hit targets. Conversely, when we won the ball we went wide to contests or delivered the ball at the feet of leading forwards or gave it straight to the opposition.

If Collingwood coughed up the ball and squandered opportunities once in a while I don't think I'd be so concerned, but we do it every game. Our skills are very, very poor and have been all year.

Yes, the young guys are buggered and I understand Langdon being rested and Ball not making the flight over, but the lack of competitiveness when we were playing for our season was troubling.

In every crunch game in the second half of the year, we have failed miserably to fly the flag. We have been without on-field leadership, lacked desperation, been soft in the contests and been made to look second rate.

The coaches and selectors have also been ordinary; Witts and White were simply murdered and I just don't understand Grundy running around at Vic Park. White was hardly tearing it up. Bad selection decision. It rivalled the decision to drop Keeffe for the Essendon game.

The players are young; I understand this and I think we have a talented list, but what really worries me is the lack of fight, the complete lack of strength and intensity. I think every aspect of our season must be analysed. Bucks has flagged the conditioning staff's performance being put under the microscope, but it must be deeper than that.

I've been a glass half full guy all season, but today's effort rivals the Freo & Essendon games for complete shellackings and I'm afraid to say, we looked very soft when the pressure was applied.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:14 am

simon tonna wrote:
mudlark wrote:
To say I'm devastated is an under statement. I have been reading the comments today and notwithstanding the disgraceful performance of the "Umpires"??? ,equally disgraceful,considering it would cement a finals position,was the effort of most of the players. There was no heart,apart from a reasonable 2nd qtr,poor disposal,which has been a Collingwood trait now for years and a sense we have once again dropped the ball on recruiting.
I watched every kick of the game and to be blunt ,I feel humiliated to be a Collingwood supporter today. I have been a member of Collingwood for 25 years and I will not be renewing my membership next year. The club has lost it's soul and it doesn't need the likes of me,who yearns for the days when Collingwood at least turned up to play,regardless of the talent.
I'm totally turned off by the modern game and the umpiring??? Nothing more to said there. I know we have had unimaginable injuries and we've played more youngsters than anyone else,but enough is enough for me.There comes a time for everything and I'm going to play golf.FOOORREEE!!!!

my sentiments exactly; just don't relate your bad form on the course to anything collingwood and you might end up liking both sports equal.

Does that mean I throw out my black and white bag,black and white shoes and black and white shirts??? Cool
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:47 am

It was hard to watch this game. West Coast had hunger, we lacked it so much. Our footskills are just shocking. I felt for Jamie Elliot this kid never stopped all game. Some of his team mates could barely look him in the eye. Our forward pressure was non existent. Cloke in the goal square is a huge mistake. Ball should have played ,really poor choice not selecting him. We still would not of have won but at least he gives his all unlike so many others who did not. Fasolo must play forward he is never going to make it down back. Reid has to go to defence.

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:19 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Well, that wasn't too good was it? It's fair to say that under Bucks we are no longer a good travelling side.

Pendles, Beams and Sidebottom did their job. But there was too much asked of too few. The decision not play an inside mid to help them out was clearly a mistake.

Of the next tier: Elliott, Kennedy and Armstrong can all hold their heads high and Broomhead continues to show he'll be a player.

Not much to say on the game itself, a down day where we were clearly outrun by the opposition over the four quarters. Contested ball was a problem at times and forced us to send everyone back in defense, this made proper midfield spread even more difficult.

I don't think there was anything in this game to be overly upset about, the effort was there, the Eagles simply outplayed us. A disappointing loss but not one that was all that surprising, nor one that I'd consider season defining. We've lacked run all year and this has become a strength for the Eagles, add to that our loss of inside players and it was never going to be an easy task. We looked ok for most of the second quarter, it was just the rest of the match that was a problem Wink.

Yep agree. But to be a good traveling side, you first need to be a good side. Can't expect better performances on the road than you get at home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: