Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Lions swamp Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

That was ordinary. The senior players are injured and who steps up ? Not Hertier.
And why do we always kick it backwards in defensive fifty so that it ends up with Frost or Keefe kicking from the square. Mcaffer and Hertier both do it rather than attack. Other teams know we will do it, close up the options and we lose it. Frustrating.

A few new faces next week unfortunately.

mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:27 am

Where to start….

Mcaffer, Blair, Goldsack would not get a game in other teams!

Then their role is a negative/pressurised role but predominately two of them play in the forward line, i.e. goakickers!!!

Toovey has never been able to hit a target.

No strategy after behinds scored.

We have two decent budding ruckmen, but they can't mark!

But the main problem is……

We have a team of robots and Bux (up their with Daicos as my fav woods player) created a great career by sheer grunt and determination and he is trying to create a team in his image, but there was only one Bux…..

We have no flair we have no excitement factor. The idea of having a good game plan is that when players are injured you can bring in replacements and they know the plan, not talking about yesterday as that was a debacle.

We picked up a second rate 2nd forward White, and surprised by the results?

Our coaching panel is mostly untried sitting behind an untried coach!

We bring in a fitness coach that was a joke in a bottom team!

We are collingwood, why should we accept mediocrity, we need a total clean out!

WE have got a decent bunch of young guys and we could be positioned for a decent tilt, but not under this coaching panel!

Get the best fitness guy/team available!
Get the best coach available!
Get the best forward coach available!
Leave Hart and Burns, McCrae in place.
Not sure about Eade, if there is someone better get him!

Sorry Bux I loved you as a player but you are going down the wrong track.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:37 am

mgh3536 wrote:
Where to start….

Mcaffer, Blair, Goldsack would not get a game in other teams!

Then their role is a negative/pressurised role but predominately two of them play in the forward line, i.e. goakickers!!!

Toovey has never been able to hit a target.

No strategy after behinds scored.

We have two decent budding ruckmen, but they can't mark!

But the main problem is……

We have a team of robots and Bux (up their with Daicos as my fav woods player) created a great career by sheer grunt and determination and he is trying to create a team in his image, but there was only one Bux…..

We have no flair we have no excitement factor. The idea of having a good game plan is that when players are injured you can bring in replacements and they know the plan, not talking about yesterday as that was a debacle.

We picked up a second rate 2nd forward White, and surprised by the results?

Our coaching panel is mostly untried sitting behind an untried coach!

We bring in a fitness coach that was a joke in a bottom team!

We are collingwood, why should we accept mediocrity, we need a total clean out!

WE have got a decent bunch of young guys and we could be positioned for a decent tilt, but not under this coaching panel!

Get the best fitness guy/team available!
Get the best coach available!
Get the best forward coach available!
Leave Hart and Burns, McCrae in place.
Not sure about Eade, if there is someone better get him!

Sorry Bux I loved you as a player but you are going down the wrong track.

I don't agree with all you say but the Fitness Coach from St Kilda is a worry. However, I'm not sure how well one measures his training regimes with injuries. From afar it looks like there is a direct link but I'm sure you need a more sophisticated analysis to detail / explain the causes of injuries & training / fitness methods.

I also like your point about unproven assistant coached supporting an unproven assistant coach FWIW I believe that has a lot of merit as an argument.

Bucks has had three years. He has not proven himself to be a good or great coach so far. However like other coached he has hd many players who have injuries.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:22 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Heater_39 wrote:
Doc Larkins reporting almost certainly ACL's to both Dayne Beams and Travis Cloke.

well he's a wanker, bucks presser states
cloke; ankle
beams ;pcl

and of course the Club is truthful about all things regarding injuries.

Players have essentially said as much. Beams hopeful it's only PCL. Until scans are undertaken no one actually knows but don't let that stop you looking for negatives.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:35 pm

God you're a pack of fickle sooks. Season was always going to be a development year, everything goes right and a couple of kids come on, we end up 4-5 and competitive against the best. Things don't go well and we end up missing finals. Okay, we've had to endure an horrendous season, we'll miss finals.

Grow up, you're like petulant spoilt brats with all your sooking and whining, not to mention the bloodlust.

I'm not happy with our performance but don't see it as a cue to start eating our own ala Richmond.

PS: Bucks on ABC after 1:00pm.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:50 pm

think positive wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Why get a #2 to advise Buckley. If after 4 years, he can't figure this out, then bring in a new #1.

He wouldn't take that any way.

Which makes me realize why mm is at Carlton.

+ 1. You have hit the nail squarely on its head.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
If you don't think we tanked, I feel really sorry for you.

If you think we are really that bad then - yeah, that must feel horrible.

If I felt like that I'd probably feel the need to lash out pointlessly at anyone I could lay blame on.

If you think we could have all of our best 5 players go down out of sheer bad luck, you might wanna find a religion or something.

I will start to hold Buckley accountable for our performances, position on the ladder and prospects for the flag from about half way through next season. I will be prepared to support the search for a new coach at the end of Buckley's current contract, if we haven't made a preliminary final in the next two years.

Suggesting action on the coach before then is for the likes of Richmond and St Kilda. We don't do a coach revolving door here at Collingwood. It isn't part of our culture.

We are better than that. Much better than that.

You, Defender, the dog and the rest can wish all you like that we weren't better than that, that we are capable of that kind of mistake, but you will continue to be wrong.

You should just quit already

"Tanking" Lol. Next up it will be all due to Hockey's "economic crisis".

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:56 pm

jackcass wrote:
God you're a pack of fickle sooks. Season was always going to be a development year, everything goes right and a couple of kids come on, we end up 4-5 and competitive against the best. Things don't go well and we end up missing finals. Okay, we've had to endure an horrendous season, we'll miss finals.

Grow up, you're like petulant spoilt brats with all your sooking and whining, not to mention the bloodlust.

I'm not happy with our performance but don't see it as a cue to start eating our own ala Richmond.

First its tanking, now its a "development year" (That's not what Eddie thought it would be BTW). Jeez you prawns make me laugh. Laughing

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:46 pm

With the year we have had, horrendous long term injuries-cue Brown and Reid-and many others like Elliott, swannie, plus playing a heap of untried kids, I would like to see the ole man, clarko, scott bros, lyon, etc do any better under these dire circumstances. Bottom line is, no coach could do any better with what he has at his disposal, as bucks has.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
With the year we have had, horrendous long term injuries-cue Brown and Reid-and many others like Elliott, swannie, plus playing a heap of untried kids, I would like to see the ole man, clarko, scott bros, lyon, etc do any better under these dire circumstances. Bottom line is, no coach could do any better with what he has at his disposal, as bucks has.
Rubbish.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
http://images.canberratimes.com.au/2014/08/16/5684030/1408195753627.jpg-620x349.jpg

What a Idiot

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:58 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
jackcass wrote:

First its tanking, now its a "development year" (That's not what Eddie thought it would be BTW). Jeez you prawns make me laugh. Laughing

It's not now a development year, that course has been in train for a couple of season and a few of us have acknowledged as much all season but you go on deluding yourself we should have been playing in the GF in 2014.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

We can't keep preaching to closed minds. Let them wallow in their misery, it seems to bring them some joy.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:02 pm

jackcass wrote:
[quote="rocketronnie"][quote="jackcass"]God you're a pack of fickle sooks. Season was always going to be a development year, everything goes right and a couple of kids come on, we end up 4-5 and competitive against the best. Things don't go well and we end up missing finals. Okay, we've had to endure an horrendous season, we'll miss finals.

PS: Bucks on ABC after 1:00pm.[/quote]

First its tanking, now its a "development year" (That's not what Eddie thought it would be BTW). Jeez you prawns make me laugh. Laughing[/quote]

It's not now a development year, that course has been in train for a couple of season and a few of us have acknowledged as much all season but you go on deluding yourself we should have been playing in the GF in 2014.
Where did you hear that?
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
LeighBrownBrigade wrote:
It was all over after the Gold Coast loss. This club is a shambles. Eddie has to go. And Buckley. It's one thing losing games but to cop such a shellacking from a team that ended up losing by over 100 points the previous week is attrocious. Even Richmond is playing better than us. WTF is happening at this club?

Go watch the EPL or walk your dog or watch a Lauren Becall tribute or something

But unlike you he doesn't **** goats! Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: