Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scharanberg Injured in VFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

35forever wrote:
This time last year I told you we would finish 8th in 2014, seems I was being over-optimistic!

Shows you know jack all about footy, that's what it shows. Some of us KNEW it was going to be a development year under Buck's and predicted them to be somewhere between 6 and 10.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Ah well, a wasted No. 6 pick in hindsight.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:04 pm

We must not entertain the thought of him playing at all in 2015 at any level.

We have one chance to get this 100% right and one chance only.

Let his body heal and recover with his rehab geared solely towards having him cherry ripe for the start of preseason training next year and not playing VFL.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:06 pm

^ not necessarily - he'll be back under a year given current ACL therapy. A big pain in the arse, but it can happen to any player and many, many great players are running round the AFL with at least one piece of artifical ligament behind their kneecap.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:14 pm

35forever wrote:
Oh F(ck me!
We've already lost a player for next year through injury. That's FOUR years of ridiculous injury rates, how many do you WANT before you'll open your ears and listen? I can't remember any side ever having four years of injuries, I don't think it's ever happened. And people here still think it's just crappy luck!

Have a look at sports science. Mick was big on it. They spend fortunes on people & equipment to change the way players walk, run, land etc to prevent injuries, and quite successfully too. Buckley's solution is "Work harder!" Each year under Buckley the injury list has got longer, soon we won't be able to field a fit team. He HAS to go while we still have 18 fit blokes! THINK about it! Who HASN’T been injured during Buckley's tenure? Anyone? Maybe Steelo, anyone else? Under MM & Buttifant guys went whole careers without serious injury. We ARE going to finish 14th in 2015, and the injuries won't stop. This time last year I told you we would finish 8th in 2014, seems I was being over-optimistic!

Stuff me people... Wake UP!

You can't apportion blame to impact injuries such as ACL's & PCL's (not that they are always a result of impact) on fitness coaches/ management.

However soft tissue injuries are another matter.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ not necessarily - he'll be back under a year given current ACL therapy. A big pain in the arse, but it can happen to any player and many, many great players are running round the AFL with at least one piece of artifical ligament behind their kneecap.

I don't think Swoop is arguing that point. He is saying if I'm reading him right that notwithstanding his ability to come back next year to "hasten slowly" with young Schara.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

I don't think Swoop is arguing that point. He is saying if I'm reading him right that notwithstanding his ability to come back next year to "hasten slowly" with young Schara.

Correct.

He wont be AFL ready anyway and at best it would just be a repeat of this season when he takes to the field seriously behind the eight ball in terms of fitness.

Nothing is ever certain but I'd rather be ultra conservative and give his body the extra months to heal before being exposed to competitive football again.

The future career of a player deemed worthy of pick 6 is on the line here.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:03 pm

^ oh sure, fair enough. He's a potential 200 gamer, there is no need to hasten him back until he's 105%
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:49 pm

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Correct.

He wont be AFL ready anyway and at best it would just be a repeat of this season when he takes to the field seriously behind the eight ball in terms of fitness.

Nothing is ever certain but I'd rather be ultra conservative and give his body the extra months to heal before being exposed to competitive football again.

The future career of a player deemed worthy of pick 6 is on the line here.

Yeah agreed.

History is littered with blokes who reinjured knees after coming back within the stock standard 12 month criteria (Schwartz, Menzel, Patton, Malceski). Some of which never and will never reach the heights their talent suggested they could.

If Scharenberg is ever going to be what we hope he can be, give him 18 months to recover, build bulk, strength and fitness and have him kicking down the doors for the seniors in 2016.

It's too important to stuff this up.
axl13 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:47 pm

Just reading and collingwood believe that mccaffer has traditional surgery he will be available for selection in June. This would be the case for Scharanberg wouldn't it? That would be a great result if possible
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: