Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should all beaches be clothing-optional?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What are your thoughts on nude swimming?
It should be allowed at all beaches
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
It shouldn't be allowed at all beaches, but there should be more places where it's acceptable
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
The current state of affairs is fine
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
It shouldn't be allowed on any public beach
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
^ Out of curiosity, how could the female nipple possibly be considered a sexual organ, except in the context of our hyper-fetishistic society.

That is joke yeah - surely you must be joking Shocked

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:35 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Hal, you're a pervert. Cool Laughing

Hal's trying to find the oil nipple on his manifold this very minute. Start me up, i've been running hot, etc

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Morrigu wrote:
[quote="David"]^ Out of curiosity, how could the female nipple possibly be considered a sexual organ, except in the context of our hyper-fetishistic society.[/quote]

And joke yes - you must be joking shock is [quote] That.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Morrigu wrote:
David wrote:
^ Out of curiosity, how could the female nipple possibly be considered a sexual organ, except in the context of our hyper-fetishistic society.

Sadly, I don't think he is.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Does anyone here actually know what a sex organ is?

I can't believe I have to do this, but have a skim through this and tell me when you get to the bit about nipples:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_organ

(I never thought I'd say this, but this thread is getting weird.)

Sorry, Mugwump, I missed your postI think the term you're looking for is "erogenous zone", a category that includes lips, feet, necks, thighs and many other parts of the body that can be legally exposed in public. This is hardly nitpickingas I said, only a hyper-fetishistic society could dream of calling female nipples "sex organs".

Last edited by David on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:05 pm

David wrote:
Does anyone here actually know what a sex organ is?

I can't believe I have to do this, but have a skim through this and tell me when you get to the bit about nipples:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_organ

(I never thought I'd say this, but this thread is getting weird.)

Yep and technically true but you won't get reproduction without sexual arousal ( unless you have shares in KY Jelly Razz ) and nipples are for most females highly erogenous so within the bounds of technical definition they may not be " sex organs" per se but they are certainly sexual - and I think most of us interpreted your post as suggesting they are not.

David Libra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:09 pm

See my edit abovethey are indeed an erogenous zone, but one of many. Our society's insistence on covering them up is quite arbitrary and says more about its specific fetishes than any inherent fact of human sexuality or reproduction.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:15 pm

So here we have a 20 something year old doofus lecturing a professional health practitioner with multiple university degrees on how the human body works.

Rolling Eyes

David Libra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Uh yeah, and the 20 something year old doofus is right, as has just been acknowledged. Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Mugwump wrote:
think positive wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
I prefer critters they tend not to be as judgemental and I just like them better Wink

^ Yes, they don't have so many human hangups and perversions. Probably because they almost never wear clothes on the beach.

Most have fur or feathers hiding their bits too! Except baboon arses, now there's a pretty sight!

My next door neighbour, who appears to a member of the said species, thinks that nude baboon swimming is definitely a neglected form of recreation.

On the topic, rationally I agree that David's right and it does not matter, but there is something symbolically important about marking off the erotic space with clothing ; it's a marker of private space and the importance of consent in erotic display, and it seems to be related to the critical human idea of dignity. Some might wish to surrender that - and right that there are places where it can be done - but as a species we are safer and richer if we maintain the idea that sexual display is a special act of consent. Where you draw the line at that is a matter of taste, I admit, but it's somewhere short of common public space.

Great description, keep a little mystery, excellent

Wow reading through this after Harry potter 7, I'm more spaced out than ever!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:52 pm

David wrote:
Uh yeah, and the 20 something year old doofus is right, as has just been acknowledged. Smile

Actually that's not what she says or anyone means

Let your emotions go, for God sake, actually for your sake, not everything is text book

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:54 pm

David wrote:
See my edit abovethey are indeed an erogenous zone, but one of many. Our society's insistence on covering them up is quite arbitrary and says more about its specific fetishes than any inherent fact of human sexuality or reproduction.

Well, like most men I'm limited in my expertise, but i've never found that necks or earlobes or elbows have quite the same "key to the lock" effect as the nipple. And i said "arguably" it's a sex organ, simply because of its fairly unique and direct effect on female sexual response. It is an erogenous zone, too, but it certainly seems a special case.

Now, how did we get here ? Oh, yes, nudie beaches. I'm for them, as long as there's plenty of space for the fabric-on variety ....Which there is... They're called public beaches. Vive la difference.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Morrigu wrote:
and nipples are for most females highly erogenous

Nope.

For some, very much so. For others, only mildly so. For others again, mere decoration. It varies a lot.* Everyone is different. Same deal with men: some have highly sensitive nipples (or so I am assured), others nothing worth mentioning, others in-between. I believe that men generally tend to lie further towards the less sensitive end of the spectrum. Whether this is hormonal or cultural is an open question. At a guess I'd plump for a bit of both. Our western fetishisation of the female nipple is purely cultural, of course. Many other cultures would think it's weird. But we would think that they are weird, so call it even.

* Authority for this: I have slept with more women than you have. Well, I assume that this is the case. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

David Libra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:03 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

Actually that's not what she says or anyone means

Let your emotions go, for God sake, actually for your sake, not everything is text book

*Sigh* It's really not that hard: a poster (responsible for most of the few polite, respectful and on-topic posts in the last couple of pages in this thread, incidentally!) made an incorrect claim, which I subsequently corrected. It's not about what he meant or the spirit of the thing; we're talking about completely different concepts that have fundamentally different meanings and implications. Like this:

1) Nipples are sex organs. 2) Sex organs are traditionally covered in our society. 3) Nipples should be covered up.

Or,

1) Nipples are erogenous zones. 2) Erogenous zones are not necessarily covered in our society. 3) Nipples may not necessarily need to be covered up.

I think I've made my point. Can we move on? Smile

Last edited by David on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Tannin wrote:
[quote="Morrigu"]and nipples are for most females highly erogenous[/quote]

Nope.

For some, very much so. For others, only mildly so. For others again, mere decoration. It varies a lot.* Everyone is different. Same deal with men: some have highly sensitive nipples (or so I am assured), others nothing worth mentioning, others in-between. I believe that men generally tend to lie further towards the less sensitive end of the spectrum. Whether this is hormonal or cultural is an open question. At a guess I'd plump for a bit of both. Our western fetishisation of the female nipple is purely cultural, of course. Many other cultures would think it's weird. But we would think that they are weird, so call it even.

* Authority for this: I have slept with more women than you have. Well, I assume that this is the case. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, it is much the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: