Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I think the word perspective is the most important thing to remember.

Firstly the crows got rid of Sanderson for a reason. They thought there list was finals worthy but under achieving nd he had player issues. Walsh seems to have them running very well early and all heading in the same direction.

Secondly body size wise we are miles off the pace. When bodies hit in at contests 75% of our boys get pushed off it.

Thirdly young inexperienced teams struggle to contain momentum when it's against them. Our guys showed that in spades tonight. Experienced sides like the hawks slow the play down and halt it we don't.

Finally it seems we just don't have a elite kick in the club under pressure. We either dinky kick it around until we turn it over or we bomb it to a 2-1 contest.
I'm not going to go into game plans because when young players are under intense pressure we seem to look like headless chooks out there.
I have real doubts over Fasalo I don't think he knows if he is a forward back or mid and it shows. He has no defensive mind set at all. Swanny has been a champ but he seems a step off the pace I'm hopeful he turns the corner and kick. Varcoe was brought in to give us some experience and composure and he hasn't shown anything. No wonder Geelong didn't fight to keep him.
Cloke just looks lost at the moment. Last week when he run up th ground a long way he looked better and so did we. When we are under the pump down back I would love to see him take a grab deep and at least boot the damn ting 65 out of trouble giving us some time to man up again.
Our players lost there opponents to easy again. It's frustrating but I wouldn't be throwing the baby out withnth bath water just yet.

But with every cloud there is a silver lining. We are getting games into players and that's important.
Langdon is showing signs of consistency at a high level.
Oxley was good and worth more games.
Elliott was quiet tonight but he is still learning to be a true mid
Grundy is an out and out star in the making
Pendles is doing everything he can but he is working solo and that is a concern.
Frosty worked manfully again but he is 25 games into a career so he is a work in progress.
th most pleasing thing is at least the playing group didn't turn it up when they were down. While h score board margin may have flattered us with the crows kicking 16 behinds we can't control what they do in that regard nor can we control the effort they bring to each contest over 4 quarters. We cn control our effort and playing each contest. So we win the last quarter and the margin of 27 ends as the result.
For mine we missed sidey while we still wouldn't have won on last weeks performance he would have made hue difference out there.
I would play Karnezis next week as a small forward
I hope Witts is ready soon don't want to kill Grundy
Freeman in a few weeks in the VFL getting some match fitness gets a run
I wouldn't be playing Moore any time soon. No point in killing a kid. Maybe in the second half of the season
Scharenberg hopefully will be ready but second half of season well.
By Neil's report Reid played well in the VFL so again hopefully in a couple weeks he comes in as well.
We are a work in progress so perspective should be used when judging each performance.
I won't go into t bucks thing to early to judge he gets til round 12/13 before I would make any decisions.

Thoroughly excellent summary of things.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:20 am

The_Staunton wrote:
Am in America so didn't see the game, but hearing the disposal thing is STILL an issue

Adams is just a shocker - the trade of him for Shaw is looking more and more awful as time goes on

Could we pick up ONE player from another club that improves the side?

Not really in the mood to do the usual rant and rave about the coach

Very flat, reckon it'll be 2-3 years (and a new coach) before we're any good again. We haven't moved beyond the Underpants Gnomes guide to building a Premiership side

1. High Draft Picks!
2. ?
3. Premiership!

I don't know about Shaw; saw him yesterday at the Dees Giants game, and he was still waving his arms about yelling at his team mates, except now he seems to have lost a yard and so isn't so effective as the loose man.

If Adams can get his disposal sorted ala Licca, we will have won that trade I am sure.

A bad lose for sure, but we did well to limit the damage

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:32 am

watt price tully wrote:
I need to watch the replay. Thought Jacobs towelled up Grundy big time. Huge learning curve for Grundy. Jacobs gave first use to their on ballers for most of the night.

But there you go, funny how we all see things differently!!

Grundy worked hard all night
But he was outclassed hugely by the Crows.
He won last week but was thrashed by the Dogs the week before.
He is a work in progress.
But he is a long way from being major contributor.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:32 am

watt price tully wrote:
I need to watch the replay. Thought Jacobs towelled up Grundy big time. Huge learning curve for Grundy. Jacobs gave first use to their on ballers for most of the night.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:33 am

I don't know very many work in progress.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:47 am

watt price tully wrote:
Why didn't Bucks shift Tarrant to the forward line in the last qtr?

We missed Krak tonight.

Very Happy

Similar to Freo game last year- yet better result.

We controlled the game for large portions-yet could not put it on the board- bad decision making and poor skill- endevaour cannot be faulted (except for Fasolo-he is extremely frustrating). Some of this can be put down to lakc of team cohesion- players do not trust each other to the same extent as say hawks/crows- this leads to indecision and resulting poor disposal under pressure. You can see what they're trying to do, just big step from orac to actual game pressure.

We controlled most of second q- crows kickd 4 in 9 minutes- the rest we controlled.

Etihad does not suit us- especially Travis- too short and thin. It also allows mistakes to be punished- basically two kicks to goal from anywhere on the ground.
Suits run and gun sides like crows/dogs/dons/cats

Talia is allowed different rules- he is this decades SOS- and combine this with umpires clear hatred of Travis- and the big fella copped an absolute mauling.

Pendles was a class above.

Backline worked their arses off.

Crows forward pressure was outstanding- we couldnt get it out of a kick in- a 50/50 was a good result. In contrast, they waltzed down the ground like a training drill almost every kick out.

There's a few clouds in the sky,it is definitely not falling in- and the sunshine is clear to see, just need to wait patiently.

If we can turn 6-6 and get Sidey, Greenwood, Sinkers, Reid, et al back and fit for second half of the year, who knows??

BTW- someone mentioned food prices- it is a bloody joke!
Last week at the GABBA- same prices as last year- figured this might be a QLD thing, but again at Etihad- BAndit pricing- apparently cheaper pies only at MCG!
Just another reason to hate Etihad!!
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:47 am

watt price tully wrote:
Why didn't Bucks shift Tarrant to the forward line in the last qtr?

We missed Krak tonight.

Very Happy

Similar to Freo game last year- yet better result.

We controlled the game for large portions-yet could not put it on the board- bad decision making and poor skill- endevaour cannot be faulted (except for Fasolo-he is extremely frustrating). Some of this can be put down to lakc of team cohesion- players do not trust each other to the same extent as say hawks/crows- this leads to indecision and resulting poor disposal under pressure. You can see what they're trying to do, just big step from orac to actual game pressure.

We controlled most of second q- crows kickd 4 in 9 minutes- the rest we controlled.

Etihad does not suit us- especially Travis- too short and thin. It also allows mistakes to be punished- basically two kicks to goal from anywhere on the ground.
Suits run and gun sides like crows/dogs/dons/cats

Talia is allowed different rules- he is this decades SOS- and combine this with umpires clear hatred of Travis- and the big fella copped an absolute mauling.

Pendles was a class above.

Backline worked their arses off.

Crows forward pressure was outstanding- we couldnt get it out of a kick in- a 50/50 was a good result. In contrast, they waltzed down the ground like a training drill almost every kick out.

There's a few clouds in the sky,it is definitely not falling in- and the sunshine is clear to see, just need to wait patiently.

If we can turn 6-6 and get Sidey, Greenwood, Sinkers, Reid, et al back and fit for second half of the year, who knows??

BTW- someone mentioned food prices- it is a bloody joke!
Last week at the GABBA- same prices as last year- figured this might be a QLD thing, but again at Etihad- BAndit pricing- apparently cheaper pies only at MCG!
Just another reason to hate Etihad!!
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:48 am

double
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:43 am
Post subject: Re: GutlessReply with quote

think positive wrote:
Hiss wrote:
A useless gutless performance . Played like girls. No heart! Heads need to roll over this or else we will have another year racing to the wooden spoon. No finals if we keep this up. Wimps ! I will smash my social club medal if we play like this again and chuck the fragments outside Princess Park. Lets hear ya!

Don't know who you were watching, the 13/14 pies maybe?

This team has fought the last two weeks out. I'll take that thanks.

You will take a loss will ya? Well that's bloody great! Clubs like Adelaide and others have rebuilt and are super competitive in the same time we are piss farting around with experimental coaches and new lists. How do you constantly account for the fact we are brides maid compared to other Clubs like that. You can't other than for the fact we stuffed it. Watching Collingwood last night was like watching a Club that haven't got it and we will not be a chance at a flag when other Clubs with less money and more honesty about their failings from top to bottom are becoming real flag chances. Nicks still has too many on here that don't know what success is let alone how to get it. That think losing is ok for Collingwood and always find excuses. That's the reason why we play like a joke and have crowds that are diminishing rapidly. Blame the stadium lol oh yeah right!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 am

Adelaide have been rebuilding since 1998. We have been reasonably competitive in that time.
dunkers66 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:12 am
Post subject: The doggiesReply with quote

If you want evidence of what a difference a good coach with a good plan can make, just look at crows AND dogs.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:22 am

watt price tully wrote:

Grundy tried his heart out but was beaten pretty conclusively I thought. After sleeping on it, the positive from yesterday was our backline. I suppose we thought the backs were not going to be our problem anyway (pre season the concern was midfield depth and a functioning forward line), but I thought Frost and Langdon were pretty good. Brown adds structure but little else. He gets a game because of his experience and strength, but he's really just an average defender.

Oxley and Langdon can actually use the ball under pressure. If Oxley can play that well against a pretty good team then it seems he will repay the faith. Good on him.

Our forwards though are hopeless. They just don't work hard enough. I lost count of the number of times our defenders got the ball and had nobody to kick to. Elliott and Fasolo just don't present enough. I know Elliott was rotating through the midfield, but as a forward so far this year he has been disappointing.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on Karnezis either. I watched him yesterday in the VFL and he lacks in so many areas to my eyes. He doesn't work hard enough, he is not hard enough at the contest and he seems to lack real sustained effort. Sounds familiar doesn't it? A Collingwood forward who plays in fits and starts.

And Witts is ready to roll I think. I'd be bringing him in for a run. And Reid the week after next.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:46 am

Langdon - 21 games
Brown - 95 games
Oxley - 4 games
Ramsay - 4 games
Frost - 26 games
Sinclair - 46 games

Average 31.5 games. Take out Brown and it's 21 games. About one season.
Quite promising efforts so far given a well under strength midfield and the weight of entries. Plus the lack of physical development at their age. Should get a boost with the eventual return of Reidy, both with his actual contribution to play but also his experience and leadership he will impart from the back line.

mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:57 am

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-match-report/adelaide-crows-show-up-magpie-weaknesses-to-open-season-with-backtoback-wins-20150411-1mj40b.html

pretty good perspective
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:43 am

thompsoc wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Of course he's a major contributor. He's a young ruck who's playing seniors most weeks. That's a major contribution.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: