Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Saints - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So what even happened to Adams?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:37 pm

watt price tully wrote:
jackass posted:

.....Kennedy apparently has glandular fever otherwise I'd like him in that team. .......

WPT flummoxed:

You're joking. That's his season one would think Rolling Eyes Shocked[/quote]

Haven't seen anything official but that's apparently the illness that kept him out of footy at any level last weekend. Reports also he was at training today and I doubt he'd be getting contact to other players if it is GF but that's the scuttlebutt.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:47 pm

swoop42 wrote:
So what even happened to Adams?

Pulled up sore after the game, been wearing a moon boot at training.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:36 am

Just play all the kids, all of em, get games into em, we have nothing too lose now, roll the dice, injuries are decimating us, yet again, and we have to take chances, as best we can.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:31 am

it's round three. the injuries don't ever help but they have not yet decimated us. we have only two "season ending injuries" in keeffe and thomas. the rest should be back on the park this year.

it's round three. there is no need to play the kids which is generally the last call of supporters of teams whose season is over. having said that, we're playing a lot of inexperienced guys as it is.

3-2 is a possibility by round five, that's hardly the end of the world.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:11 am

John Wren wrote:
it's round three. the injuries don't ever help but they have not yet decimated us. we have only two "season ending injuries" in keeffe and thomas. the rest should be back on the park this year.

it's round three. there is no need to play the kids which is generally the last call of supporters of teams whose season is over. having said that, we're playing a lot of inexperienced guys as it is.

Or we could be 1-5 after round 6. Key injuries affect results. 2 of a team's main midfielders being out will hurt any team. We are in trouble because the key players are out for 6 weeks or more, throw in one will take another 4 weeks to get match fit so now we are approaching half the season.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:22 am

Culprit wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Or we could be 1-5 after round 6. Key injuries affect results. 2 of a team's main midfielders being out will hurt any team. We are in trouble because the key players are out for 6 weeks or more, throw in one will take another 4 weeks to get match fit so now we are approaching half the season.

indeed. i just don't yet think injuries have decimated us. we'll know more about where we sit after the next three to four weeks. we still should beat st kilda, probably lose to essendon and then beat carlton. geelong after that is anyone's guess.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:36 am

John Wren wrote:

indeed. i just don't yet think injuries have decimated us. we'll know more about where we sit after the next three to four weeks. we still should beat st kilda, probably lose to essendon and then beat carlton. geelong after that is anyone's guess.

Well decimated means losing (well killing) 1 man out of 10, so we probably have been worse than decimated.

One day my crusade for that word not to be misused by the media and by extension the general public will be complete. Laughing
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:40 am

The bonus is we get games into players who otherwise would be in the Magoos.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:46 am

Wokko wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Well decimated means losing (well killing) 1 man out of 10, so we probably have been worse than decimated.

One day my crusade for that word not to be misused by the media and by extension the general public will be complete. Laughing

dealing with the big issues. Rolling Eyes

we're a club bordering on another injury crisis and this is your concern. Laughing

i take your point. at least this is not a tragic situation.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:24 am

John Wren wrote:

I like it but has your B sample come back yet? Razz Wink

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:19 am

John Wren wrote:

I hope you are right Johnny, but I dunno, our midfield is gone, aside from Swannie, Pendles wont play I reckon, safety first with him ! Perhaps decimation was a tad dramatic, but it just seems de ja vu to me, who are we going to see taken off against the Saints I wonder ??, just seems ongoing. All I meant was put games into Degoey, Broomhead, Gault etc, while we can, even a massive game v the Dons would be great experience for them, in front of a huge crowd, that type of thing pays big dividends downt the track IMHO. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:27 pm

i'm trying to remain upbeat about our predicament but i, too, worry about our midfield. you're right in saying it is gone. i don't even consider swanny as a regular part of it anymore. that we may not have pendles, sidebottom, greenwood and possibly adams is a bit scary.

i'd be bringing in jdg and pk. broomy should be retained. seedsman can run through the middle but i don't much like the idea of elliott, williams or blair being part of that mix.

was just reading the interwebs and there is speculation moore might debut. don't know the veracity of the claims.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:47 pm

https://twitter.com/paigecardona/status/588523076700151808

She is Calming that Maxwell is her Source

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:06 pm

if she's right, that's the best possible news Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14   

Jump to: