Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seedsman to Roos?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawthorn wouldn't touch him
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:56 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
apparently other teams can see the worth in Seedsman, Freeman, Kennedy - probably cause they have some speed.

i know, why don't we keep them then, rather than the McCaffer, Blair, Goldsack, Toovey ...

Once were premiership players, now have become slow, plodding, fumbling ball slaughtering list cloggers... sad but true.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:46 am

piedys wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:
apparently other teams can see the worth in Seedsman, Freeman, Kennedy - probably cause they have some speed.

i know, why don't we keep them then, rather than the McCaffer, Blair, Goldsack, Toovey ...

Once were premiership players, now have become slow, plodding, fumbling ball slaughtering list cloggers... sad but true.

What can you say?

It's be interesting to see where the Caff would be at without the knee reco's. It'll be very hard for him to get back in the best 22, especially if we get Treloar and Aish. He has a one year deal, so '16 could be his final year if things dont go well.

It's worth keeping the Sack around, even if purly for depth reasons. But with the emergance of Moore and the return of Reid, he'll see less game time.

Toov... again, it's hard to fit him in the best 22 if everyone is fit. He'll be 29 around round 4. I think he recovered well from the knee in 2013, but again, he might find himself playing more VFL next year. (He did play 20 games in '15). You wouldnt think WCE or Freo would have a sniff now?

In the past I've been a sentimental supporter, you know wanting to hang on to all your favorites. But I want to win another flag, and soon.

But you cant let all the experienced players go... can you?

Ioannina 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:03 am

A good player who should play center, foward, wing and not at defence where stupid buckley put him to play..
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:51 am

Presti35 wrote:
piedys wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:

What can you say?

It's be interesting to see where the Caff would be at without the knee reco's. It'll be very hard for him to get back in the best 22, especially if we get Treloar and Aish. He has a one year deal, so '16 could be his final year if things dont go well.

It's worth keeping the Sack around, even if purly for depth reasons. But with the emergance of Moore and the return of Reid, he'll see less game time.

Toov... again, it's hard to fit him in the best 22 if everyone is fit. He'll be 29 around round 4. I think he recovered well from the knee in 2013, but again, he might find himself playing more VFL next year. (He did play 20 games in '15). You wouldnt think WCE or Freo would have a sniff now?

In the past I've been a sentimental supporter, you know wanting to hang on to all your favorites. But I want to win another flag, and soon.

Toovey has photos of Mick and Nathan and as such has been "undroppable"

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:36 am

i have heard that he didnt interview well at north so he is off to gold coast
E 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:55 am

Presti35 wrote:
piedys wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:

What can you say?

if you were 1005 sure that we would have no injuries and that 20yo kids were capable of playing 22 games plus finals (without fatigue or form issues), I think you could let them all go.

reality is that Goldsack, Blair and Toovs will likely get plenty of games next year even though I absolutely agree they aren't best 22 anymore. the reality is that veterans can slot into a team when needed and there wont be too much drop off. Playing a kid who isn't physically ready can mean that you are playing 22 vs 21. I don't think we want to be playing players that aren't ready.....

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:08 am

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-07/trade-winds-is-giant-lamb-on-the-menu

Seems like Seeds is off to Gold Coast which is better for us as they have a priority pick at 19 and a second rounder at 22. In a bidding war we could snare 22 even though all Pies fans know he is probably a third rounder on all round ability. Come on Dekka get it done.

Imagine we parlay pick 22 with our 25 (approx.) and trade them for a top 15 draft pick and snare a Weideman type!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:31 am

Why overstate things? All this says about Gold Coast is that he went there to look at the facilities. Other clubs are still after him, also, it appears.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:20 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Why overstate things? All this says about Gold Coast is that he went there to look at the facilities. Other clubs are still after him, also, it appears.

I'm not even sure GCS have facilities outside a few portables.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:42 am

Presti35 wrote:
piedys wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:

What can you say?

Too true Presti.
I admire the way the blokes have come back from their knee injuries.
Yet I always maintain that one can never quite recapture that same rate of leg speed that they possessed prior to injury.
Loyal servants to the club, sure. Hand them life memberships, then move them on. Simply not granted the list-space, nor cap-space by the AFL to validated retaining them past 2016.
But yes, retain Goldsack into 2017, and even he would want to find some improvement in his game in that period too.

Dyso

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:35 pm

Presti35 wrote:
piedys wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:

What can you say?

Agree. particularly with such a young squad. In 2014 we had Elliott and Fasolo pass that 50 game mark, 2015 it was Adams, Sinclair and Williams, next year it should be Grundy, Langdon, Witts, Frost and Seed (if he stays). So we are developing the players who will take the spots of these oft maligned stalwarts of the club, just need to be patient.

Add to that we still have emerging kids like Broomhead (19 games), Ramsay (7), Schaz (4), DeGoey (16), Kennedy (if he stays - 25), Maynard (9), Oxley (if he stays - 19), Marsh (5) and a few yet to debut like Freeman (if he stays), Abbott, Cox and Goodyear and it is a very exciting period.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:20 pm

jackcass wrote:
Agree. particularly with such a young squad. In 2014 we had Elliott and Fasolo pass that 50 game mark, 2015 it was Adams, Sinclair and Williams, next year it should be Grundy, Langdon, Witts, Frost and Seed (if he stays). So we are developing the players who will take the spots of these oft maligned stalwarts of the club, just need to be patient.

Add to that we still have emerging kids like Broomhead (19 games), Ramsay (7), Schaz (4), DeGoey (16), Kennedy (if he stays - 25), Maynard (9), Oxley (if he stays - 19), Marsh (5) and a few yet to debut like Freeman (if he stays), Abbott, Cox and Goodyear and it is a very exciting period.

Agree that it will be a very exciting period coming up IF the young players continue to improve towards reaching their potential. I hope they do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: