Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies swamp Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Mitchell: 50 possessions and 309m gained. Scott Pendlebury 36 possessions and 691m gained. BOG Pendles.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:53 am

MP magpie wrote:
Left at half time. My 4yo wanted to go home, I couldn't find an argument to disagree.

Last time I left early.. prelim finals v hawks in 2011. Left at 3 qtr time as I had my own grand final to play the next day.

Please, keep leaving early.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:56 am

MP magpie wrote:
Left at half time. My 4yo wanted to go home, I couldn't find an argument to disagree.

Last time I left early.. prelim finals v hawks in 2011. Left at 3 qtr time as I had my own grand final to play the next day.

Unfortunate
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:09 am

Damien wrote:
Tom Mitchell: 50 possessions and 309m gained. Scott Pendlebury 36 possessions and 691m gained. BOG Pendles.
You can't compare the two players. I am all for saying that many of Mitchell's disposals had no effect but that wasn't the case for most of the game. You don't get that many possessions if your a hack. Pendle's played a pure Captains game last night and all class.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:09 am

Damien wrote:

That's a pretty damning stat really

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:30 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Damien wrote:

I think he hit a target by foot for the first time with his 46th disposal. The guy is a complete butcher. He personally cost the Swans the 2016 flag with his woeful disposal. He makes Marley Williams look like a player of pinpoint precision.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:41 am

inxs88 wrote:
What a turnaround. They don't make it easy on our hearts and minds. That aside here are my player reviews:

1. Fasolo: another substandard effort. One handy tap on that set up a goal but must be dropped. He needs to be told "front and square" and you're "not" Wayne Carey.

2. Degoey: fumbled, was slow, indecisive and has yet to "pay us back" for the preseason crap. Would benefit from some time on the ball.

3. Wells: sluggish early however his handball in tight and close was very effective after half time. Like the idea of him resting down forward more and maybe a more ongoing rotation with Degoey would provide us with some flexibility.

4. Grundy: was a leviathan tonight. Only slows on him are his inability to take marks around the ground. Fix this and he becomes unstoppable.

5. Elliott: our most reliable and dangerous forward. Mark of the year not far away.

6. Goldsack: amidst this season's frustration, Goldy's return to form and weekly reliability have been a blessing.

7. Treloar: has anybody noticed how bad Adam's first quarters have been since he joined the Pies? He more than makes up for it (like he did it tonight) as the game progresses.

10. Pendles: his best game for 3 seasons. He led, he inspired and he influenced.

11. Blair: I'll concede that his last quarter tackling and handball was good, but with zero kicks in the first half and his self delusional "flying for marks" means we are effectively playing with 17.

13. Adams: was the catalyst in that all important third quarter. If he can eliminate those awful 20 metre passes that miss, he could be anything!

14. Aish: that contest, that effort, that desire for the ball may bethe turning point in your career James

15. Lynden Dunn: he has been great and we have lost nothing adding him in and off loading Brown and Frost.

19. Greenwood: kicks the difficult and misses the easy. His toughness at the contest and in tackling makes us a betters ide.

21. Phillips: Indecisive kicking and slow decision making are big slows on his game. he was good in the last quarter but fell that he isn't best 22.

22. Sidebottom: Great timely late goal, however I am genuinely concerned by his chip kicks, inability to win in heavily contested situations and his overall contribution.

25. Crisp: great goal but seems like a shadow of his 2015,2016 form. Was good n last quarter.

30. Moore: Probably his best game of the year with 5 excellent contested marks, handy ruck work and 2 goals. Be patient Pies fans. he has the goods.

32. Hoskin Elliott: some key tear away runs from 50:50 contests were pivotal in the third quarter. Has tendency to start fast possession wise and finish slow. Fitness maybe an issue given his injury plagued career.

37. Maynard: an another cliché performance by Brayden. A horrible goal costing clanger followed by a classy snap goal. I reckon Maynard must have the most unenviable "top 20 Clanger list" of any current day AFL player with 50 games or less. Nathan, put him on the WING and ban him from the defensive 50 area at once.

38. Howe: The best player trade in recruit for many a year. To think we off loaded Seedsman (no games in 2017) and Kennedy (no games in 2017) for Jeremy. An All Australian 2017 star!

40. Smith: Better as game went on. Do dislike his continual lateral kicks that equate to nothingness. Does seem to be a heart and soul player.

41. Schade: struggled tonight in the one on one contests. Again still a better bet than Brown and Frost.

Next week:

Out:

Blair
Fasolo
Aish (injured)

In:

Scharenberg (Bucks shall bring Ramsay back in)
Crocker
C Brown

On notice:

Phillips
Schade
Crisp

Fair bit of confirmation bias in your assessment of Blair's game. Like you, I'd prefer someone else in his spot but without his repeated contesting, we would not have won that game. Seriously, have another look - you've got to assess these things on merit.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:42 am

Culprit wrote:
Damien wrote:
You can't compare the two players. I am all for saying that many of Mitchell's disposals had no effect but that wasn't the case for most of the game. You don't get that many possessions if your a hack. Pendle's played a pure Captains game last night and all class.

Not suggesting for one minute he's a hack. Just don't think his 50 hurt us as much as Pendles' 36 hurt them.

ROB 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:43 am

Just watched the replay - the umpires had a bit to do with our quarter time situation - there was a clear push in the back to I think Smith in Hawks forward line that was missed just after the game started with a goal resulting. Another couple of frees missed that we should have got that led to Hawks being able to get a clear run on against the run of play - the margin was flattering to be honest. Up until the 12 minute mark of that first quarter we had held them pretty good even if we weren't playing how we should have been. The need to move the ball laterally by our backs was pretty evident on review, even the commentators acknowledged it. If we had have went up the line or tried the corridor and failed the knockers still would have had ammunition - damned if you do, damned if you don't. The signs of a revival were very evident from the start of the 2nd quarter, even if the half time margin was not showing - we were getting our backside into gear. Maybe had something to do with Bucks quarter time spray - good on him - sometimes very necessary - passive is not always best. Obvious outs for next week, Aish and Fasolo who has to be dropped. Sharenberg and Crocker if Varcoe is not fit.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:59 am

Damien wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Damien wrote:

Not suggesting for one minute he's a hack. Just don't think his 50 hurt us as much as Pendles' 36 hurt them.

I was a little surprised that Clarkson wasn't eating his own eyeballs watching (the wrong) Mitchell keep getting the ball last night. If I hadn't seen that game, I would have laughed at the idea that a player could have 50 disposals and be a large part of the reason his team lost - but there you have it.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Its 12 hours later and I'm still in shock - but what a great win.

The big question we all know is will they play like the first half or the second half next week ?

Lets do Brisbane by 100 points.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Woods wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Woods wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Woods wrote:
Father of the Year.

Pendles without doubt is one of our greatest of all time. He's a marvel.

However, I still believe he is not the type of captain we need at this point in time. Great if we were in premiership contention, but right now, I believe we need a vocal, aggressive person who will basically harass all the players into getting off their ar..s and concentrating for four quarters, (like a Maxy).

With all respect to the great man, I have to agree. But the cupboard is bare, isn't it?

Yeah Woods... sadly I think it is at this moment in time.
I am remotely (? not the right word) hopeful that when Adams gets more confidence in his own game, he could be the one we need.

Certainly a contender. However its not just confidence in his game that he needs but the confidence of his players. Ideally we need a captain with the playing qualities and resilience of a Pendlebury, the hard-headed grit of an Adams, and the mouth of a bullhorn. Someone to be admired, emulated, feared and, most importantly, obeyed.

I have to be honest, this is not the modern leader for the current generation. It's the ability to get the collective group motivated and focused, and especially empowered, which counts. It's the work away from the game which achieves this, not barking orders, and then leading by example on the field exactly as Pendles did last night. I thought it was a real selwood like captaincy which is what is needed, leading by example. Just ny thoughts on this crucial issue.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:28 pm

i have just watched the replay, and I thought that Blair played a really good game. His desperation and fierce contest for the ball was critical. It is clear that he gets little credit for what he does, perhaps because his pressure is not glaringly visible and you have to be paying close attention at all times to appreciate it. I don't see how you could drop him after this performance.
In the heat of the moment in the first quarter, I was amazed why Greenwood did not go to Mitchell. Now watching the replay, I acknowledge that the necessity for tagging him was not so clear, as his possessions generally did us no harm.
When we play on and move the ball fast, we look awesome. We just have to give ourselves licence to play like this the entire game, and not out of a desperate last resort.
This game will boost Darcy Moore's confidence. Hopefully next week against the Lions he can back it up with another confidence booster.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Thought I'd seen enough when we went 7 goals behind, so the telly went off & rather than do a midnight stint (time difference over here) I was off to bed & expecting to read the morning headlines of "Buckley's head wanted on a platter" or "pea hearted Pies capitulate again"etc etc.

Absolutely gob-smacked to see that scoreline this morning.

Been feeling happy all day. All's right with the world.... until next week lol.

Consistency will be a beautiful thing
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Damien wrote:

Mitchell is exclusively an inside mid. Not his job to gain metres as such. Pendles is both, inside and outside.

Pendles by far better but comparison, in Mitchell's defence is unfair.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: