Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe this is the same team that stood up and won their final game of 2017 when everything was against them. I expected them to come out firing, to show heart and tenacity but instead we were just embarrassing and insipid.

The positives were so few and far between that you could count them on one hand. We hardly ever took the game on, ran and carried or took risks. We lacked leadership and poise. We play conservative and slow then f*** around with the ball only to handball ourselves into a frenzy and turn it over.

There's not many teams who can hit the opposition lace out running into the forward 50. mitchell went to town on us amassing 50+ possessions again while the rest of them just fought their way forward and forced us into making errors.

Our skills are sub-standard and appalling. WTF have we done all summer to address this? It's always the same players each and every time.

Pendlebury looked underdone or took a few tokes from langdon's bong before the start of play. If cox plays next week I'll spew. Zero marks for someone who is nearly 7ft is pathetic.

We had no one crumbing the ball. Got smashed at the clearances and butchered the ball and every given opportunity. Crisp. Sideanus. Aish. Adams all culprits.

I thought moore was a shining light. liked murray and stephenson's first games and reid did ok.

The rest was pretty abysmal.

Loved the shot of kim jong ed looking like he was about to blow a gasket. Let's not forget folks, he's the reason we're in this mess.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:25 pm

a goor contest for a quarter and a bit
from the time cyril got a hand in to interce a maynard handall qnd assist a goal assist we went into our shells
wouldnt take the game on
moore double fisting iver the boundary instead of taking an easy ma4k is a classic exmple
this came soon after he dropped a sitter leading to a h goal
switch him forward to turn the tide?
no
stick with plan a when its not work8ng
totally outclassed after a solid start
a brittle side that the opposition know will crack if they keep the pressure on
same old story ...

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:28 pm

Mugwump wrote:
makri wrote:
looks like cox will be having an enforced break. Elbow to the head didn't look good

Not much in it, low impact, no intent, debatable he actually made real impact with head first or shoulder. might get a caution, could get a week.

On the replay I saw... he hit the upper arm first and then it slid up to his head
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:28 pm

masoncox wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
I raised our front and centre issues with Derek Hine face to face at the post season members' forum a couple of years ago. Asked whether we were looking at Brandon Matera, Josh Green cheaply, why we didn't try to get Jeff Garlett for a 5th round pick instead of Melbourne. I got the impression from his answers that he (and Bucks) prefer beige 'by the numbers' players inside 50. Staggering.

Raw Hamer you just don't get it!
It is all about model ctizens first and footballers a long last.
It is all about the boys scouts than about kicking the leather thru the big sticks. Boy, get with the new age please. When they leave the Club they would have had years focusing on being the best neighbor, the best husband, the best work buddy.
What a wonderful job we are doing for society.

If this was actually the case, then JDG would probably have been moved on by now.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:30 pm

^ yeah looked that way to me. Its why the i,pact was negligible, cause the shoulder had taken all the force out first.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:30 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
I raised our front and centre issues with Derek Hine face to face at the post season members' forum a couple of years ago. Asked whether we were looking at Brandon Matera, Josh Green cheaply, why we didn't try to get Jeff Garlett for a 5th round pick instead of Melbourne. I got the impression from his answers that he (and Bucks) prefer beige 'by the numbers' players inside 50. Staggering.

It is all about the boys scouts than about kicking the leather thru the big sticks. Boy, get with the new age please. When they leave the Club they would have had years focusing on being the best neighbor, the best husband, the best work buddy.

If this was actually the case, then JDG would probably have been moved on by now.

When we recruited JDG there were no black stains.
If JDG came on the market from another Club now....would we chase him?..the answer would be no.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:31 pm

Seen it before and said it before - what else can you say!!!

Eddie's ego continues to be bigger than the club.

GWS next week. They can't play MCG so will be an interesting game for Buckley and Ed's ego.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:31 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Let's not forget folks, he's the reason we're in this mess.

And let's not forget folks, he's the reason we're still here, along with the best training facilities around.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:34 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

But he's already in our squad, his off field vises obviously unbeknownst to our recruiters.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:35 pm

masoncox wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

If JDG came on the market from another Club now....would we chase him?..the answer would be no.

Hahaha. Pretty much what I just typed!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:37 pm

I was there tonight. We played a Ben Crocker allright. Sheesh.

I won't pour scorn on Bucks. However if we are 0:3 then I will & if we are 0:5 then he needs to walk.

Terrible performance after quarter time against a team who will not figure in the top 8.

I was barracking hard but FMD the lack of skill was appaling to night. Grundy & Pendles were just terrible: they both need to be drug tested.

The bright lights were Stephenson & Murray.

Now to knock off GWS and Carrrrlton in the next 2 weeks

Last edited by watt price tully on Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:39 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

And let's not forget folks, he's the reason we're still here, along with the best training facilities around.

Everyone has a use by date - even kim jong ed! And look how much of an impact our state of the art training facilities are having and have had on our players over the last 5 years.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:40 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

Fabulous!! Thats better than winning, any day of the week!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:41 pm

masoncox wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

But this is not relevant to the here and now MasonCox. I have nothing against the larrikin element - actually I agree with you in that we need more of it (how I miss Swanny!!), but if the club was all about making model citizens, it probably would not have persisted with JDG after last season and traded him out. Mind you, I'm glad they have not done that.
I am just refuting and disagreeing with your sarcastic statement that has little actual basis and is just borne of frustration (which I can understand by the way).
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:42 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
I don't see it as megalomania - more of a refusal to give in or to give up.

Germany, May 1945

Laughing Laughing Yes, there's a thin line between the two, I grant you.

No, not really.

If Buckley/Maguire were in charge they would have f#$%^d up the invasion of Poland 6 years previously
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 8 of 17   

Jump to: