Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Feels like 2017 tonight.

It's a bugar isn't it MM. I want to scream at the footy gods about them being so unfair, but in those often used words "it is, what it is".

If we can stay in the eight and get Treloar, Howe, JDG, even Goldy back in a few week's time, it will still be a very creditable season and a big step in the right direction. .

I'd like to Sier stay in if possible - I noticed on a couple of occasions tonight, that his big body prevailed in some ground ball contests and he disposes of the ball pretty well.

Sadly, Callum Brown didn't have a good game, but young Daics did some good things. He is courageous for a smaller man and has a good footy brain I reckon. Add Stephenson to the mix and we've at least gained match experience for some future possible stars.

Note of agreement with your last paragraph. Callum Brown seems to have gone backward, and several times tonight I thought he took a short step, which is not the first time this has been noted. I don’t think this is courage, but it is probably confidence, or maybe instructions to stay outside the contest given his lack of physical development, I don’t know. Sier looks the goods, I agree. His strength in the contest is evident, and he will be a real asset going forward. Daicos will be ok in time, I think, but he is far too in and out at the moment. Our other first year player, Stephenson, had a bad one tonight but I think that’s because his pace doesn’t work on that telephone box ground.

Assuming Aish goes ok tomorrow, it’s Aish in for Brown, and Howe and (hopefully) JDG for Daicos and Madgen, and we’ll be a much harder proposition for it.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

piedys wrote:
feeling alright are you?
Not alarmed by the under-9 level disposal standard at all?

Members who voted Brodie the 5, should be interested in his D/E.

Tay wasn't a lot better, with 50%, but his 11 tackles, 22 contested posessions and 10 clearances made him clearly our best.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Member 7167 wrote:
A brave loss by a very undermanned team. How they have remained competative with the number of top players injured defies logic.

Still very proud of the boys and their guts and determination to play it out to the end.

At one stage. the injury list was displayed during the game and even the commentators had to admit that injuries were actually a bona fide excuse in our case, because of the pivotal players that have been affected.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:45 pm

Lost it in the 3rd Quarter. Our midfield pressure was not up to speed during this quarter, allowing Sydney too many F50 entries against our decimated defence. If we had played the 3rd quarter like the last quarter, we could have dragged that chestnut from the fire. Midfield pressure was the only way we could win with our crippled defence, and for whatever reason, in the third quarter we couldn't bring it on. Felt really sorry for Jack Magden in his debut match. Not only was he against Franklin, but in that 3rd quarter there was next to no support. I thought that when our team defence was operating effectively, and when he had another tall defender in support, Magden looked good. The game has become so pressurized and intense, that even falling one rotation down becomes a grave disadvantage, especially if that player is a KPP. I don't agree with those who say that had Franklin kicked straight, the game would not have been close. We missed several easy chances as well.
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:45 pm

How Josh Kennedy wasn’t penalised for a blatant dropping of the ball/incorrect disposal in that contest that led to the winning goal I will never know....
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:46 pm

Half a side of VFL players.
Good effort but we had a shocking injury toll for years now.
Something is wrong with the conditioning guys
Cant be just bad luck.
Darcy Moore .....let him leave and see if we can pick up a couple
of good draft picks for him.
We are cursed nothing but cursed.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:46 pm

Mugwump wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Feels like 2017 tonight.

It's a bugar isn't it MM. I want to scream at the footy gods about them being so unfair, but in those often used words "it is, what it is".

If we can stay in the eight and get Treloar, Howe, JDG, even Goldy back in a few week's time, it will still be a very creditable season and a big step in the right direction. .

I'd like to Sier stay in if possible - I noticed on a couple of occasions tonight, that his big body prevailed in some ground ball contests and he disposes of the ball pretty well.

Sadly, Callum Brown didn't have a good game, but young Daics did some good things. He is courageous for a smaller man and has a good footy brain I reckon. Add Stephenson to the mix and we've at least gained match experience for some future possible stars.

Note of agreement with your last paragraph. Callum Brown seems to have gone backward, and several times tonight I thought he took a short step, which is not the first time this has been noted. I don’t think this is courage, but it is probably confidence, or maybe instructions to stay outside the contest given his lack of physical development, I don’t know. Sier looks the goods, I agree. His strength in the contest is evident, and he will be a real asset going forward. Daicos will be ok in time, I think, but he is far too in and out at the moment. Our other first year player, Stephenson, had a bad one tonight but I think that’s because his pace doesn’t work on that telephone box ground.

Assuming Aish goes ok tomorrow, it’s Aish in for Brown, and Howe and (hopefully) JDG for Daicos and Madgen, and we’ll be a much harder proposition for it.

I would keep Daicos in. Too much to like when he has the ball.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:48 pm

Hm wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
A brave loss by a very undermanned team. How they have remained competative with the number of top players injured defies logic.

Still very proud of the boys and their guts and determination to play it out to the end.

time to get rid of the injury prone players and invest in those who will at least play out a match - you lost me tonight Darcy SOFT

Soft tissue injuries may come under this but knee injuries, concussions and stress fractures cannot be predicted.

We have simply been unlucky and to win premierships you need to keep the vast majority of your players healthy and on the field.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:51 pm

Shattered about the result. A missed opportunity to attain the four points.

The third quarter was terribly disappointing. The absence of Moore really affected our already decimated defence, and to have Madgen (a first gamer) play on arguably the best tall forward in the game was always going to be a tough ask. I agree with others saying that Buckley was too slow to react in double teaming Franklin when much of the damage was done.

Loved the way we fought back and nearly pinched the game in the end. I can't question the spirit and endeavour of this team. They just keep plodding along despite all the adversity thrown their way and I'm sure they'll keep pushing on as we near the conclusion of the H&A season.

I'm happy to cut Pendles and Sidey some slack because they've been more than consistent over the journey, but by their own standards they didn't step up when we needed them to. In contrast, Adams was outstanding and led by example.

Very worried about Moore. He hasn't been able to string more than two games together this year and his persistent hamstring injuries will concern the club. This year he's played in the following matches:

1). Round 1 v Hawthorn
2). Round 2 v GWS (INJURED)
3). Round 7 v Brisbane
4). Round 8 v Geelong (INJURED)
5). Round 17 v West Coast (Late withdrawal against North in the following week)
6). Round 19 v Richmond
7). Round 20 v Sydney (INJURED)

Moving on, we're still more than likely to make the finals at this stage. We could drop out if we lose our final three games, but I think we'll be favourites in at least two of those games, although Brisbane is a side I wouldn't be taking lightly. They're a better side than a mere 4 wins that they have so far.

I've been saying for weeks that we need to win a minimum of 13 games to make the 8. At the moment we're stuck on 12 wins, so we're nearly there but with the evenness of the competition, 12 or maybe 13 wins won't be enough this year when it would have been in previous years.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:52 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Lost it in the 3rd Quarter. Our midfield pressure was not up to speed during this quarter, allowing Sydney too many F50 entries against our decimated defence. If we had played the 3rd quarter like the last quarter, we could have dragged that chestnut from the fire. Midfield pressure was the only way we could win with our crippled defence, and for whatever reason, in the third quarter we couldn't bring it on. Felt really sorry for Jack Magden in his debut match. Not only was he against Franklin, but in that 3rd quarter there was next to no support. I thought that when our team defence was operating effectively, and when he had another tall defender in support, Magden looked good. The game has become so pressurized and intense, that even falling one rotation down becomes a grave disadvantage, especially if that player is a KPP. I don't agree with those who say that had Franklin kicked straight, the game would not have been close. We missed several easy chances as well.

Fully agree with all of this MTTM.

Magden was doing okay while Moore was on the ground. Thought Buddy really had the game handed to him with our undermanned defence and that lack of mid-field pressure in the third. I can't work out what happened with Pendles and Sidey in that quarter. It wasn't as if Kennedy and the like were playing that well.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:52 pm

Heater_39 wrote:
How Josh Kennedy wasn’t penalised for a blatant dropping of the ball/incorrect disposal in that contest that led to the winning goal I will never know....

Leo Sayer and the other two maggots let Sydney drop/chuck the pill all night, like it was a fvcking NRL game.
Whenever we did it, the sluts couldn't blow their whistles fast enough...

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:54 pm

^^^ Jezza - Looking pretty likely one team on 13 wins will miss the 8.

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

Sadly I fear our injuries have reached tipping point. I think we may struggle to win another game. Sixth tomorrow and in danger of missing finals now. We are being forced to play too many players who are not quite AFL ready. Moore has proved a disaster. Bucks has done an amazing job with this decimated list, but it’s finally caught up with us. Imagine having Howe, Treloar, De Goey, Elliott, Dunn and Goldsack instead of Brown, Daics, Madgen, Mihocek, Greenwood and Mayne. Any game we win from here on will be remarkable.[/b]
winpies Scorpio

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
This team of ours is all heart. At least our percentage won't take a thrashing.

Well done to Grundy, Tay, Murray, Varcoe, Sier, Greenwood and the wonderful WHE.

For some reason, Pendles couldn't kick tonight and Sidey only really got going in the last quarter.

Exactly.

We will bounce back next week, we should get Goey back and Howe. We will kill em.

So we might not make top 4, who knows, it’s still wide open. $£$%^%%$ hell some of you, we played the ladder leader a week ago, and ran them almost to the end, and now travelling to a ground that has the biggest home ground advantage there is, and our fifth pick defender had to play on a firing buddy. wash your mouths out. Take a breath. Last year we were all in shock that our coach got more time, and here we are, we will make finals. Some really disgusting comments in the last pages of the game thread, and in here.

No one player cost this game. Not Sidey, not cox, not Buckley. 2 $£$%^%%$ points. That’s home ground advantage right there .

Go Pies, I’m standing side by side, and I’ll be there next week when we kick Brisbane back to the boon docks.

Well said TP, spot on, the voice of calm, logic, and reason. This side has guts to burn, against all the odds, im proud we pushed those swan ponces, so far tonight, only their home pissing ground got them the points, we gave it everthing we had. Im with you, side by side, for the long haul, back our boys in all the fckuing way, all the way, next week and beyond. Exclamation Very Happy

Here here. Bloody gutsy effort tonight.

Funny how you always hear the commentators saying how great Buddy is but never the fact that he is playing against a second string defense. If he is that bloody good he should have kicked 12 tonight.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:55 pm

yes but in a match that contested rarely is disposal highly efficient , look at pendlebury and Sidey, almost non-sighted by their lofty standards as far as midfield clearance. Adams was playing a one man band..edit i am agreeing with your statement. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16   

Jump to: