Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. Pies pipped in GF thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:

It's shattering because we had our chance and didn't take it AGAIN. 27 times, we've failed to take our chance.

It sure is shattering - so close and yet so far.
I don't know how many times I have to reinforce that it's not a shameful thing, that it was a miracle that we made it in the first place.
If it is 27 times, I bet we were beaten by a better credentialed team - except for Wayne Harmes being out of bounds whenever that was and Rocca's goal being judged a point whenever that was.!!
That's how it goes and to get all the jigsaw pieces in the right place at the right time is almost impossible feat. Please be proud of our boys with what they achieved in just getting there.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:25 pm

Streak wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
It's shattering because we had our chance and didn't take it AGAIN. 27 times, we've failed to take our chance.

The current playing and coaching group does not have to explain 150 years of club history. They can only kick the ass that’s in front of them.

Yep, and like their bretheren before them, they failed to kick that ass.

There is something supernatural at play here....something that is more powerful than Howe's mother and Trav's sister who were looking over us today.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:26 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
**** me, people really don’t want supporters showing emotion and hurt? It’s called $£$%^%%$ passion and people who are happy with a loss will always lose.

A finals loss should hurt, a gf loss is heartbreaking especially one so $£$%^%%$ close. Fact is we weren’t good enough today and therefore something has to change. You can’t say everything is great when you don’t win the flag cos ultimately that should always be the goal

Then again for the last 7 seasons, Nicks has always celebrated the honorable losses...

Richmond stole one last year, this year showed how hard it is to do again. Bulldogs stole one the year before, why the **** can’t we ever steal a flag? For years we were one of 3 dominant sides. 1 flag we won, other 2 won 3 or 4!

Honorable losses are loser mentality and if anyone in power at this club believes in them then we are destined for failure

You take the same view as Kevin Sheedy. Everyone knows the story of how after the 83 GF he blasted his losing team at that night’s function and said that just making a GF was a waste of time and if any of them were satisfied with that they were finished at the club. Ron Andrews didn’t take him seriously, joked around, and was made an example of and kicked out of the club. He played for us in the finals in 84 when Sheedy’s team beat us by about 130 points on the way to back to back flags.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:27 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Streak wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

The current playing and coaching group does not have to explain 150 years of club history. They can only kick the ass that’s in front of them.

Yep, and like their bretheren before them, they failed to kick that ass.

There is something supernatural at play here....something that is more powerful than Howe's mother and Trav's sister who were looking over us today.

Crap, just crap. There's no supernatural forces at work!! Just a good team getting to where it probably shouldn't out of sheer guts, great management and super-human effort.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:29 pm

Streak wrote:
There’s no way we make the 8 this year. No way. Sack the coach.

Cox is useless. Get rid of him.

Mayne is useless. Drop him.

Ok, so we made the 8. We won’t win a final. We can’t beat teams in the 8.

Ok, so we won a final, and Mayne was alright. But there’s no way we’ll beat Richmond. Zero chance. It’s not possible.

Ok, so we slapped Richmond, and Cox was awesome. We better damn well win the GF!

We lost the GF. WE’RE CUUUURRRRRRSSSSEEEEDD!!!

^ Do I have those arguments about right? What a crock. Do they look as ridiculous to you as they do to m

We vastly outperformed ourselves this year, which is a stunning credit to an excellent coach, a solid structure and a spirited group of players who put their best on the field each week. Congrats, Pies. Proud of you!

What a superb post!!!
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:30 pm

I spent all week feeling shattered.
I knew the teams were evenly matched.
But I also knew that in a close contest we will lose.
Almost a given.
We are cursed ... frigging cursed.
Before I die i would like to see one and I mean one game
where the chips fall our way.
I am old now and I may never see it.
Well at least I have seen 2flags.
The idea of going all again next year fills me with dread.
Most likely won't make it to the big dance.
That is a statistical fact.
Football is often about the moments when you take your chances.
It is about luck.
We have no luck and we haven't taken our chances at key times.
Devastated and completely flat.
All glory to the winners an misery to the loser.
That is what it should be.
I will be back next year but my facade will keep cracking.

Last edited by masoncox on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

Gutted. To lose by 5 points with 2 minutes to go.

Proud of the boys, the club and the coach. They did their best and fell short.

They certainly exceeded my expectation for the season by a great margin.

After the first quarter the Eagles slowed the game down and used their size to their advantage. They wore us down in the end and we were a little rattled. The occasion seemed simply to be too much for some.

Seth 

I’m gutted by the gutless non decision by what was supposed to be the best umpires in the land. The shepherd against Maynard to not allow him to get to the contest when sheed marked was gutless! *&^*(&%$% disgrace.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:31 pm

I kicked the couch and broke it. Classic Collingwood, nothing easy. Going to grab a legends membership next year and ride the wave again, Side by side forever.
Brown26 

Some good points Monaco Matt - I don’t think they were that much better than us - you have to give some credit to a dominating first 20 minutes, but se were outplayed in the middle and after quarter time it never looked like our game really. De goey kept us in it a little and the back line battled manfully, and the eagles couldn’t kick over a jam tin for a bit, but other things too. Some bad umpiring calls, marks not paid, 50 meters etc, the bounce of the ball I don’t know how many times - THE RUNNER!! FFS !!! But they played well and certainly were stuffed at the end.

Couldn’t keep the tackle pressure up after quarter time, not sure if it was too stuffed or mental,but had 31 tackles a quarter time and finished with 104 - bloody awesome effort 104 though.

I’m proud but disappointed and I think this season has set us up well for next year. Go Pies!

- Be
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

I promised myself not to get too emotional after 2011, it's just not worth it. The sad part is I'll never watch the replay and there were so many brilliant moments to cherish. Oh well, I'll be cheering the boys on again just as loudly next year. It's what we do.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:33 pm

[quote="What'sinaname"]
duggieboy wrote:

No, we got massively out coached after the first 20 minutes.

And to persist and kick up the line to a contest was just dumb. WCE marked pretty much every kick.

This was a huge reason why we lost. Time after time after time we continually kicked the ball up the flank to the same spot and time after time they won the ball back. No chipping, no switching, nobody put in the hard yards to break into space and/or create space. We played so, so dumb during this 10 minute period and it probably cost us the game. Watching it was painful, we went into safe mode and paid the price. Was very disappointing.

MONCO: Your life.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:33 pm

we were confident on and off the field, I hate that! its just not Collingwood. the sooner you people who predict ridiculous score lines in a grand final you can F off. this game was going down to the wire always. 5 goals to 1 point was only a dream start, the rest of the game was played on there terms.
a huge non decision was not selecting another tall for the aerial bombardment we were always going to cop. we were cocky and stupid and too proud to not change for the sake of change for this game.
a deplorable game from our "best mid field" in the competition players.
I am shattered for the players and Nathan Buckley. I know how he could see the game unfolding and couldn't do a thing about it, because our players were seriously gun shy except JDG [have fun in the off season son]. the bounce of the ball, thats the footy gods. umpires well thats just plain embarrassment or just cheating. we are all suckers.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:34 pm

Players who turned up all day today: Mayne, Langdon, Maynard, Howe, Goldsack, Crisp, Phillips, Adams, Cox, Grundy, Mihocek, Sier, Varcoe, De Goey.

Those who didn’t: Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Treloar (excused), Thomas, Stevo (excused), Aish, Varcoe, Maynard, Greenwood.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:35 pm

[quote="PyreneesPie"]
leonmagic wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Just a classic Collingwood choke. They can all just f^&k off. I am not doing this crap anymore.

Great response from a sore loser!!

Good losers barrack for Melbourne.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 8 of 31   

Jump to: