Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Introducing the Greatest midfield the AFL has ever seen.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AFL Live had Bucks answer fans questions and one fan asked a question that fits this post
Fan:: How will you handle Beams in midfield

Bucks :: We May send a midfielder forward at times OR rotate them to have them always fresh

From the man.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:36 pm

TaylorMade wrote:
^

5 from the wing,

No, You picked Grundy as a player who cant play multiplue position's to suit your argument. Its obvious that Grundy should never have been discussed in the first place. Grundy is automatic 1st pick in our 18.

My point was, everyone else better have another area they are able to rotate threw. Which Buckley has openly stated! Because i have not seen a Collingwood side with better depth than ever before. Phillips ( at the moment ) can only play left-wing!

Am i correct in saying that?

No, I picked Grundy as a player that would not warrant a game in our team in any position other than ruck, you disputed that, then when I asked you in which position and which player would lose his place, you slithered.

I don't agree with what Buckley allegedly said and if he ever gave the comment any thought, he would not either. There is no need for some players to play other roles. It may help with their longevity in the game but its not essential. The left wing/right wing argument is meaningless. A player may set up there but doesn't stay there. Phillips certainly doesn't. I haven't seen the team training but I would be positive that the club hasn't been training Phillips to play other than on the wing. If they have been my argument will fall down, but my guess is that they will continue to train their elite endurance runner to play on the wing, not as a defending tagger, or as a full back or full forward or ruckman. He's on a steeply rising curve so keep him going the way he is.

This argument will all be moot though because as deep as the list appears to be, natural injury attrition means that unless we have a 1990 or 2010 type injury list the competition for spots will be far less then you may think it will be.
TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:49 pm

5 from the wing on debut,

My apology, I agree that Grundy is also only suited to Ruck. Really, its all we need him for. However, he may rest at Full-Forward briefly. Which other position have you seen Phillips play? Im positive he is only a wingman. It may seem that he appears at HF or HB, but i assure you that is the role of a wingmen to sweep around. For Phillips to confidentley play at HB, he will need to improve his marking ability. Aish is a much better mark than Tom.

I'd like for you to show me your best 18, without Dunn and Shaz. Please. I'd like to see who you Sacrifice for Phillips...

And dont give me excuses like, its all going to be moving around yada yada, blah blah. I want to know who You think will be on the ground in the last 5 minutes of the grand final if the scores are tied. That is how you pick an 18...

K 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:59 pm

TaylorMade wrote:
Tom Phillips vs Chris Mayne ( 4 finals games )
Clangers : Phillips = 9 ... Mayne = 4

As with Tay, clangers per possession might be a bit fairer.

Last edited by K on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:59 pm

Allowing for this that we have been patient wit Moore ,Elliott and Wells

If all available and training excellent get a chance to rip sides apart in JLT same applies to them as Phillips

Who makes way for those three non finals 22 participants

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:00 pm

TM,

That's OK.

Phillips has only one position - the wing. I don't think he would be able to get a game anywhere else. Many years ago when I was in high school would be the last time I actually sat down and wrote out a best team. I will give it a go and try to post it tonight though. I assume it won't be easy and will be open for a lot of debate so I should probably include some reasons as well.

Am I allowed to appoint Phillips as captain too?
K 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:01 pm

^ As long as you don't let the Langdonites see.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:03 pm

At your peril 5 —-captain in waiting Taylor Adams
TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Lol.

I eagerly await...

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Actually at the moment I am quite happy with our current captain.

I see Adams as the natural successor, but I didn't see the appointment of Nick Maxwell coming and in my opinion he was a very good leader.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:17 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
TM,

That's OK.

Phillips has only one position - the wing. I don't think he would be able to get a game anywhere else. Many years ago when I was in high school would be the last time I actually sat down and wrote out a best team. I will give it a go and try to post it tonight though. I assume it won't be easy and will be open for a lot of debate so I should probably include some reasons as well.

Am I allowed to appoint Phillips as captain too?

The team picks itself.

Maynard Moore Crisp
Langdon Howe Quaynor

Phillips Pendles Sidey

Beams Mihocek DeGoey
Stevo Cox WHE

Grundy Treloar Adams

Sier, Thomas, Varcoe, Elliot!

Others: Goldsack, Wells, Scharenberg, Aish, Dunn, Mayne, Greenwood, Reid, Roughhead (oh boy, that's some quality out of the team)

Youth: Murphy, Brown, Brown, Daicos, Kelly, Bosman

No Hope: Crocker, Wills (others on the rookie list)

Last edited by E on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:22 pm

Thats a really good point, totally agree with that regarding Langdon/Maxwell..

E,
Put Sidey on the left, and Mayne on the right, and i really like the look of that team. I'd like to see Phillips super-seed into a geniune superstar, if it happens, is another story. We all cant underestimate what Chris Mayne offers our team. His GF game was very strong, and at times, Inspiring! The more i thought about it, the more he 'shined' 18 for mine...

Last edited by TaylorMade on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
E 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:27 pm

TaylorMade wrote:
5 from the wing on debut,

My apology, I agree that Grundy is also only suited to Ruck. Really, its all we need him for. However, he may rest at Full-Forward briefly. Which other position have you seen Phillips play? Im positive he is only a wingman. It may seem that he appears at HF or HB, but i assure you that is the role of a wingmen to sweep around. For Phillips to confidentley play at HB, he will need to improve his marking ability. Aish is a much better mark than Tom.

I'd like for you to show me your best 18, without Dunn and Shaz. Please. I'd like to see who you Sacrifice for Phillips...

And dont give me excuses like, its all going to be moving around yada yada, blah blah. I want to know who You think will be on the ground in the last 5 minutes of the grand final if the scores are tied. That is how you pick an 18...

Tony Lockett could only really play full forward ......

And Phillips will still be full of running in the last 5 minutes of the Grannie (a skill that makes he and Sidey the perfect wings for our team), so i'd almost bet the house on the fact that he would be on the ground......

E 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:29 pm

TaylorMade wrote:
Thats a really good point, totally agree with that regarding Langdon/Maxwell..

E,
Put Sidey on the left, and Mayne on the right, and i really like the look of that team. I'd like to see Phillips super-seed into a geniune superstar, if it happens, is another story. We all cant underestimate what Chris Mayne offers out team. His GF game was very strong, and at times, Inspiring!

i agree re chris mayne. Love what he did last year. amazing.

Even more amazing that i cant fit him (or Aish) into my best 22.

Its a bit of a moot point however becasue injury will likely ensure that you get to play so long as you are in the best 28! fortunately, our best 31 is AWESOME!!!!

TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:31 pm

E,

Was Phillips the reason West Coast so easily moved the ball along the wing with a series of marking contest's? Or was Phillips actually on the bench?

Remember, it cant be both...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 8 of 33   

Jump to: