Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 15 - Magpies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

scoobydoo wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
^ JDG has played 7 games in his career against GWS for an average of 13 disposals per game and a total of 8 goals. He won't be missed.

So averaging 13 possessions +1 goal a game from a half forward is terrible?
Hope we don’t lose by a goal.

I said he won’t be missed. Not being as good against GWS over his career as Jarryd Blair doesn’t make him “terrible”, it just makes him less of an out than Jarryd Blair would have been. You could try to develop your own view from that. No doubt there’s an explanation for JDG’s worst career record against any opponent consistent with him not having been very, very poor against GWS?
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm

The Wee Man returneth!

Biggest comeback since Alfie Langer in the 2001 State of origin!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:33 pm

Full extended squad in OP.

IN: Trey Ruscoe, Caleb Poulter, Isaac Chugg, Aiden Begg
OUT: Jordan De Goey (personal leave)
KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:45 pm

Why Chugg?
Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:07 pm

Cos he took 1 speccy
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:30 pm

I would have preferred new boy Chamberlain to have got a game, roll the dice time, no Jordon, take a chance, may as well, after the week from hell this team has endured. Like Ch 7 sticking cameras and mikes, in their faces, our players, last night, going to training, demanding reactions. Glad Mason Cox brushed them away, as you would swat an annoying fly.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:39 pm

When was the last time we beat GWS?Was it the 2018 semi final?I can’t remember us beating them since then.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:55 pm

KickTruly wrote:
Why Chugg?

Wny not the Train???

www.facebook/the hybernators
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:55 pm

Extended Interchange: Tyler Brown, John Noble, Oliver Henry, Trey Ruscoe, Caleb Poulter, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Isaac Chugg, Aiden Begg

Reasonable to expect Noble, H-E and Henry will play. Brown leads the other possibles.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:16 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
perhaps at full Forward, not too taxing. It's been a glum week for the pies this week, this would give the supporters something to be excited about

If you can’t get excited about this game (after the week we have had) without a debutant then I think you’re looking at it wrong…

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I would have preferred new boy Chamberlain to have got a game, roll the dice time, no Jordon, take a chance, may as well, after the week from hell this team has endured. Like Ch 7 sticking cameras and mikes, in their faces, our players, last night, going to training, demanding reactions. Glad Mason Cox brushed them away, as you would swat an annoying fly.

Do you mean Carmichael?

Need to pick the best team available and win - the strongest antidote to the last week’s crap.

This is not a game to “roll the dice…” Don’t think Chugg will come in - would have probably named him as a debutant already.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
^ JDG has played 7 games in his career against GWS for an average of 13 disposals per game and a total of 8 goals. He won't be missed.

So averaging 13 possessions +1 goal a game from a half forward is terrible?
Hope we don’t lose by a goal.

I said he won’t be missed. Not being as good against GWS over his career as Jarryd Blair doesn’t make him “terrible”, it just makes him less of an out than Jarryd Blair would have been. You could try to develop your own view from that. No doubt there’s an explanation for JDG’s worst career record against any opponent consistent with him not having been very, very poor against GWS?

Unless you are a kp player with an opposition match up you usually stand, or are playing against your old club I don’t know if there’s a statistical basis for “player x doesn’t play well against team y”.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:27 pm

derkd wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Giants $3.60 into $2.60 - they're certainties.
We can't beat them without Jordy.
Club is a mess. Any chance the president can speak or his he just another name on a board.

I am loving the fact we finally has a president who spends more time working..less time shooting his mouth off.

The club has handled the situation fine. Just got to ride it out...what will be will be.

While I think it will be a tough game I agree about management. Ignore the noise as best you can. Work it out internally, form a plan and stick together and weather the storm. No one goes off script - this is where the old crew fell down. They’d do the first few steps then Ed would take it upon himself to expand on the matter and talk himself into a corner.

I’m confident Fly, Wrighty etc are pulling all the right strings - even though we (on the outside) don’t necessarily know what they are.

Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:33 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:
With a few exceptions, marquee players are overrated. Hawthorn didn’t skip a beat when Franklin left, and Sydney didn’t win a flag with him.

The only players whose absence seems to really hurt their side at the moment are probably Dustin Mrtin and Toby Greene. Pendlebury has been close for us. I haven’t done the stats, but I think we rarely win without his telling distribution.

What wins games is the average quality of your side, plus the overall cohesion of the players in it. On form, without JDG we should win Sunday.

Couldn’t agree more. Aussie rules is close to the ultimate team game, especially with so many on the ground at one time. Good coaches are looking to spread the load and reduce the reliance on individuals anyway, so it’s counter productive to revolve game plans and strategies around individuals.
If you’re switched on as a collective, then the desired outcome usually looks after itself. If you’re not, you generally get beaten.

Lockett never played in a premiership team.
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:35 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
When was the last time we beat GWS?Was it the 2018 semi final?I can’t remember us beating them since then.

That's correct.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: