Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
Firstly, I was surprised just how good the Bombers were for three quarters. We need to remember they have been playing pretty good footy and put the Dees to the sword last week. Statistically, we won nearly every major KPI except F50 efficiency. They just got more bang for their buck than we did inside F50. When you watch the replay ( or even live ) you get a real sense for how badly we lost mid field control when Frampton wasn’t in the ruck. We were smashed in the third when Frampton was off for a while. I thought he was huge and he did it against two in form rucks and also got us going in the last with an important goal.

Frampton was massive for us and when he went off we suffered. Taking Kruger off for Kelly made a difference. Kruger was under done and didn't have any impact. Kelly looked much more composed.

Last edited by schuey07 on Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:11 pm

Haff wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
READ YOUR COMMENTS DURING THE GAME - You people are retarded, you blame the coach and the players DURING a game and then celebrate a win. It's not over until it's over FFS. Call yourselves supporters, BS.

Refer you to my signature. Goes for everyone. Just knee jerk reactions.

I’ve managed to stop swearing and ranting at people, so no excuses! Razz
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:17 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Firstly a moment of silence for the Umpires who couldn't get their side up today (free kicks 10-19 Essendon's way).

What a come from behind win. Last year I believed we could always come back but thought the game was done at 3QT.

What a team!!!

Darcy Moore, Nick Daicos and others immense!

Don’t be a winning sook

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:19 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Amazing, my camp all gave up including me

Ditto, although the tide turned as soon as I threw my jumper off in disgust, maybe the jumper is bad luck!

I did back Essendon at juicy odds at 1-39 and I was worried Essendon was going to win by 40+ at one stage!!!

Poster checks out

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:19 pm

Jezza wrote:
It's foolish to write this team off, especially after what we witnessed last year.

I had a gut feeling we'd comeback hard in the final quarter, but it would be left until the dying stages to pinch it. It's crazy we took the lead with still 7 minutes remaining in the final quarter.

Umpiring didn't help us, but Essendon were mostly the better side for the first three quarters so it's something Fly and co will have to get to work on and analyse in depth.

Nick Daicos is made for the big stage. I've never seen a player as young as him burst onto the scene and look so mature and composed at his age. Pendles is probably the last one I can think of from our side.

Frampton is underrated. He can ruck and play multiple positions without any issue. Due to Cox and Cameron's injuries, he's arguably become our most important recruit of the off season. Credit to him for filling the void as well as he has so far.

McCreery was a relentless machine in the last quarter. That burst of pace and the determination to hurt the opposition is invaluable. He was a real game changer for us.

Shoutout to Ruscoe and Kelly who held up well in the final quarter. A lot of pressure was on them in the final quarter, but they defended the D50 well. It deserves some acknowledgement.

5-day turnaround against the Crows will be tough, but morale is high so you can never write us off.

Just remember we have two totally fresh stars to come back in: Tay and Murphy.
(Hope Pendles is OK)

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:23 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
READ YOUR COMMENTS DURING THE GAME - You people are retarded, you blame the coach and the players DURING a game and then celebrate a win. It's not over until it's over FFS. Call yourselves supporters, BS.

100%. There’s a contest on for the weakest pieces of shit supporters in the match day thread that then turn up in the post match victory thread espousing their bona fides.

You know who you are

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:23 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I’ve managed to stop swearing and ranting at people, so no excuses! Razz

As I have I, because that has been replaced by BS knee jerk reactions in the match thread. It’s therapeutic. Kinda like smashing plates.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:24 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:

This 100%. Some of the supporters on the game day thread leave a lot to be desired. I was at the game. Essendon had hands on hips at half time. You always knew we were going to come back and over run them.

I'll be honest Schuey.
I did not know that we would run over them.
Hands on hips at half time. Yet they smashed us in the 3rd quarter.
Retrospect is always a good friend.
I agree, supporters should by now have more faith in the incredible fitness levels, mental toughness that our team has achieved.
I know that I learned an immense amount from this game.
Our guys have a mental courage, and physical fitness, that is elite. As supporters, many of us need to dare to believe. If we embrace it, comments will start to mellow (hopefully).

Yea they smashed us in the 3rd quarter, but hands on hips at half time means they don't have the stamina to play 4 quarters. We were running on top of the ground in the last. They threw the kitchen sink at us in the 3rd and spent all their petrol tickets.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:26 pm

dalyc wrote:

100%. There’s a contest on for the weakest pieces of shit supporters in the match day thread that then turn up in the post match victory thread espousing their bona fides.

You know who you are

No need for that, leave it on the field (match day thread).

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:29 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Just remember we have two totally fresh stars to come back in: Tay and Murphy.

Both will be definite ins.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:36 pm

Couple of tackles and a bump may well attract attention
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:36 pm

Haff wrote:
dalyc wrote:

You know who you are

No need for that, leave it on the field (match day thread).

Sticking your hand up?

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:39 pm

Okay, awesome win to come back from 5 goals down at 3/4-time.
I too conceded we were gone; was waiting for the maggots to find the first goal of final term for them [they tried], then TV was going off.
Sorry that didn't go to script for you, you putrid fluro toilet lickers.

I guess Elliott knows what it is like to go from hero to zero in the space of 8 months; he missed some absolute puds today. When was the last time both he and Mihocek [and Hill] didn't score one solitary goal between them?

Our disposal standard was horrendous for first 3/4s; dropping absolute soda marks, constant fumbling, shanked kicks in D50, all of which were pounced on by the Dopers, and impacted on scoreboard. Sure, they played well, BUT we made them look better than they were.

The maggots MISSED NOTHING FOR THEM to 3/4-time, the charity was nauseating. Ovens & Murray beckons for these four cheating numpties.

Great to see Stringer do his usual vanishing act when the game was there to be won, after his 3rd quarter showboating, gifted a goal after being caught holding the ball for no penalty.

inxs88 wrote:
What a great win beating both the Bombers and the umpires. How many holding the ball decisions not paid and what a protected species Bogan Draper is...

Oh, this was a special ANZAC day win; 23 beat 27 against the odds for sure.

Pies2016 wrote:
Firstly, I was surprised just how good the Bombers were for three quarters. ... When you watch the replay ( or even live ) you get a real sense for how badly we lost mid field control when Frampton wasn’t in the ruck.
We were smashed in the third when Frampton was off for a while. I thought he was huge and he did it against two in form rucks and also got us going in the last with an important goal.

Frampton has a huge frame, and wasn't going to be pushed around by that Hillbilly hick poster boy Draper. Didn't I give him a cook in the last term when he torched that soda in front of goal, from the non-existent free that the putrid maggot gave him.
Hang in there for a few more weeks Billy, until we get one of either Cox or Cameron back.
On the positive side, Will Kelly lasted a quarter, and was solid, without suffering an injury.
Kruger was competitive, nearly took an all-time speccy in 2nd term, then dropped a total soda in third, which had me going ballistic. But at least his arm and shoulder remain intact in socket for now, and he has run some rust out.
There might be a couple of unlucky players to miss next week, providing Murphy and Adams are okay to return.
Think time might be up for WHE...

piffdog wrote:
We’re very fortunate to have netted the Daicos boys through father son.

Oh, and that Moore bloke; if he falls over, we'll get kicked off the park by a tall forward line.

piffdog wrote:
Like many, I didn’t think we could peg it back at 3/4 time but we weren’t playing as bad ... Some dud misses and a little more composure going I50 and the margin could have been closer.
Maynard had that unfortunate shank which he won’t do ever again in his career. So perhaps the evidence as there all along that we could make a fist of it.

I really enjoyed Markov, Frampton, Ruscoe and even Kelly’s contributions when the game was on the line as fringe players. Shows that they are well prepared. Excellent stuff.

Feel bad for Hosko - there’s a few haters (I’m not one) but thought that was legitimately a mark in the square (which would have been another soda goal from the square).

Love this club - appreciate how they recognise others. It is certainly reciprocal.

Yep, all that and more.
Go Pies W5/L1; we'll take it, we've just about weathered the storm for now.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:44 pm

Listen to: Daisy & Co calling it at 3QT MMM Footy
Daisy's really enjoying it.

Collingwood’s 7 Last Quarter Goals To Roll Essendon On Anzac Day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0yncx7zeC8

0:16 Frampton goal
1:04 Johnson goal
2:11 Daicos goal
3:30 Ginnivan goal
4:52 Daicos’ second goal
5:32 Sidebottom’s sealer
5:54 McCreery after the siren

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:45 pm

Did not realise that Markov is 26 years old
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14   

Jump to: