Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies stone the Crows. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Murphy blood rule, play should have been stopped.

Watched Nick's press.conference. is is very arrogant. Said we supposedly won. Refers to us constantly as the oppo. No humility evident.

Fly craps all over him.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:09 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Last 2 minutes of the game: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7zMtFCp0jpo

Hehehe brilliant!

Also, I have this thing I do, I go to the club we played game thread on big footy, occasionally even when we lose, it’s a morbid habit!

So go to the crows page, around page 46 onwards, and the crows fans acknowledge how good their umpiring was, kissed on the dick one said! They admit to the Murphy and the Johnson calls! So funny!

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:09 pm

Having at what stats we actually won (from the Foot Live app):

Handballs + 8
Clearances + 21
Clangers + 21 (lol)
Tackles + 18
Tackles Inside 50m + 5
Goals kicked + 1 Smile

Lost everything else.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:12 pm

Hitouts - 25
Clearances + 21

swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:12 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Wowee. Noble’s goal was huge.

Absolute highlight for me. What a ripper. 😁
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:13 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
It has to be said…

RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME…

Did anyone else notice Tay Adams bellowing a big “f*** off”from the bench to the ferals after the Johnny Noble goal ?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:15 pm

Big T wrote:
Noble needs more credit. If nick had of kicked that goal it would be.massive news. And his run out if defence in the last was exquisite. Most underrated player in the comp.

And de goey is our most important player bar none.

+1. Agree wholeheartedly.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:16 pm

warburton lad wrote:
The win was notable for a number of reasons:

1) Playing a side that has won four in a row interstate off a five day break
2) Playing a full-strength Adelaide without Pendlebury, Cameron, Cox, McStay, Lipinski and Howe.
3) Overcoming a 22 point deficit in the last quarter on a slippery evening.
4) Winning despite a Free Kick discrepancy of 28-18
5) Winning after losing Kreuger (second ruck and sometimes forward) in the first quarter
6) Winning despite zero goals from Elliott, Hill and Ginnivan- this is actually a cause for concern..
7) Winning our 6th game out of seven to start the season- we have only played one team not currently in the Eight...

For the Sydney game I would only make the one change (unless Murphy was concussed and misses- in that case, Ruscoe comes in...).

In : Pendlebury

Out: Kreuger

Sums it up WL. This was a victory of heroism. There was just so much adversity. I don't often say this, but the umpiring decisions against us today were just unfathomable. How could Johnson not get a free when running into goal and taken high, is but one example.
But this team is driven by an energy and a faith that is hard to understand from the sidelines. We can just marvel.
Moore is a Herculean captain. Clearly Pendles knew this when he handed over the captaincy to him.
The entire team is welded together by a unity and love for each other that i believe is not replicated in other teams. I have been watching alot of "other AFL" lately, and I have not seen other teams exhibit the same appreciation and concern for each other that our guys do instinctively. Every effort is appreciated by another player running over and a pat on the shoulder/head/backside. Every time an opposition player attempts to rough up/annoy one of ours, there is a Bruzza to rush forward and make his presence felt. There is also a Checkers to run over and calm down/console/give equilibrium to a younger player. This is a team in total cohesion, in every sense - both game plan, and emotional synergy.
Loved Will Kelly's efforts today as well. He gets a guernsey for the entire game next week.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:19 pm

Culprit wrote:
I don't normally get stuck into umpires and in saying that it's the worst 4 qtrs of AFL Umpiring I have seen in a long time. I watched EFNL Div 2 yesterday with 2 umpires who are on $100 a game be a far better standard. Loved the win.

Yes, 90% of fan complaints against umpires are just bias. That today was farcically bad. A “please explain” is required.
Mr Miyagi 

Big T wrote:
Murphy blood rule, play should have been stopped.

Watched Nick's press.conference. is is very arrogant. Said we supposedly won. Refers to us constantly as the oppo. No humility evident.

Fly craps all over him.

And fly completely humble, emphasised how good Adelaide were today
uncanny 

Can anyone remember the pies winning a game without the lead until 20 seconds left?
Chips down big time but they find a way to win.
Week after week we get this.
Never been a better time following them in my time with this on show.
Murphy and Johnson non fees have been pointed out but what about Steele getting pinged late in the third for too high after a huge duck from his opponent and even then no contact, ump sucked in by ducker throwing his head back? Goal the result.
Pay that yet let an elbow to the head go against Murph? Go figure.
Ho hum the players say no matter we need to keep boring in.
Typified by Mitchell having to dive in the lions den to force the ball free in the last leading to Nick D's goal.
So many other acts like that through the game forced the result our way in a tough contest.
Bring on the swans. Welcome back to Melbourne after 10 years away.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

Fly's presser.

It's happened far too often and I have no explanation for it. How does this team keep coming back? How do they do it?
Quote:
"It's incredible isn't it. It's just admiration for the 'never give up' attitude. Today was a different version of it again. It's expressing itself in different ways, the will to win. I've said this multiple times, we've got a good method so players go to a system and say 'alright we're behind, we need to win so let's do this' and they all know what they need to do through repetition. Last year we were in this position so many times so we get to practice it more than anyone else in the competition so I get that. I just admire the want, it's incredible".

Where do they get the nerve to take those high risks to get high reward?
Quote:
"It's our method. It's our system".

So constantly working to a theme, they're just locked into it?
Quote:
"Yep, and I'll repeat it again; we were in this position more than anyone else in the competition in the last 18 months so we've practiced it more than anyone else hence why we practice it week to week. I don't know what it is. Today, I thought Adelaide were fantastic so let's start there. I thought their pressure, their contest, their contest to contest running; I thought they dominated the game for three and a half quarters. This group's got a way and a want to win. It's incredible".

Do you wish you didn't put yourselves in that position to begin with?
Quote:
"Of course, you'd rather be more up than not have to chase your tail all the time. I think every coach wants that; or every team wants that. We've got a lot of players out at the moment. We lose Kreuger earlier in the game. Billy Frampton's fighting against a really quality ruckman. There's a lot of things against us. There's a tide we're willing to row through which is admirable".

Did you get a sense that Adelaide might have gone too defensive in the final quarter?
Quote:
"Not sure. You'd have to ask them that. Again, we're consumed in what we're doing and controlling. I'm not sure on that question".

What did you make of how they handled Nick Daicos today? It looked the first time this season a team has put a hard tag on him.
Quote:
"I think Nick's a bit of a non-story from the game to be honest. I think it's a reality of a young man at the top of his game right now, the opposition want to take that away. He's a great strength of ours and we've got method again in different ways to support him around that. I think he was a bit of a non-story though".

How fitting was it that Darcy Moore got that chop out right at the end? How influential was he for you guys?
Quote:
"Oh, incredible. Opening up here, but he was sick before the game. He was a chance not to play and you get that 20 minutes before the game you think he might not play and you go 'oh god, what do you do' but to then go out and perform is incredible".

Was it gastro again?
Quote:
"I'm not sure. I won't go into detail. I think he's fine now, but 20 minutes before the game it was a bit of an issue".

What was the 5-day break like for your team?
Quote:
"We knew about this draw well and truly months ago so I wanted to make that a non-issue as well. We didn't want to talk about the 5-day break. We didn't mention it amongst our group. We just got to work. I felt we were really well prepared for this game. We knew exactly what we had to do to get the job done. We didn't execute it really for three quarters of the game. Again repeating, Adelaide's going to win a lot of games playing like that. Tricky conditions in the wet, condensed ground, they got a full list available. Our story is not that, but we're finding ways to win when we need to".

Were you left bemused by the Nathan Murphy moment when he wasn't paid a mark or free kick?
Quote:
"Absolutely. I don't know if there's footage of me, but I lost my mind because one whether it was a mark or a free kick, either you could argue; but then he had blood and he's trying to exit the field and we didn't get a chance to replace the player in a critical moment. I was astounded by it".

Is Murphy okay? He had concussion last time.
Quote:
"No, he's fine but he had blood. I don't know whether we need an explanation for it. I probably won't search for it, but I found it staggering".

What about the call to penalise Jordan De Goey?
Quote:
"Yeah, he almost hit the dock. Isn't there a duty of care with that? Anyway, we move on".

To clarify, you won't show yourself?
Quote:
"Nah. I think I've said this last year, this is the first time I've been asked about umpires. You could go through every decision they made or didn't make that's not where we live. We make way more mistakes than they do and I can show you those as well. We can talk to those, we can talk to many of our missed shots and whatever and same with Adelaide but you make mistakes and you move on, that's the way I look at it".

How's Nathan Kreuger? Do you have an initial idea of how long he might be out for?
Quote:
"No, I don't know yet. I'm not sure. Some talk around a rib or something like that but again I don't know. I think he's been taken to the hospital and I'll get clarification soon on that".

I know you say it's a non-story, but what do you think Nick Daicos would have learnt from the attention he got today?
Quote:
"Was the attention that much though, that's why I think it's a bit of a non-story. I'm not sure it was. Nick's going to be a story week to week I'm sure. Back to us as a team, Kreuger goes out, we're playing Mihocek and Will Hoskin-Elliott as our key forwards with Jamie [Elliott] against a quality backline and a dominant ruckman. It's just a cost, there's a cost everywhere you go with it. The rooms are buzzing, as they should be because the resilience; we're paddling against the tide and we're really proud of our boys".

Ash Johnson was taken high in the goal square. That would aggrieve fans but you not so much?
Quote:
"Again, look at the footage of me when it's happening. I'm in that moment; 'what the hell is going on here' but then you move on. We can't do anything about it now can we? Again we make mistakes".

Will you get Scott Pendlebury back next week?
Quote:
"Yep".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQRGshd0r2U

Mr Miyagi 

stoliboy wrote:
Hitouts - 25
Clearances + 21

Mitchell, De Goey and Adams huge
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:32 pm

Loved Flys comments in the presser re Murphy and Ash! Perfect
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:52 pm

think positive wrote:
Loved Flys comments in the presser re Murphy and Ash! Perfect

Absolutely.

He basically said the umpiring was shite. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16   

Jump to: