Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Eagles. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 6:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

HF [36] Harvey Harrison, [17] Billy Frampton, [26] Reef McInnes
FF [1] Patrick Lipinski, [23] Bobby Hill, [14] Darcy Cameron

Source :
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/matches/5974#line-ups

That’s quite possibly the worst forward line (on paper) I’ve ever seen for any AFL team ever. We’re in DEEP TROUBLE.

Victoria Park Herald: Frampton kicks 8 leading rout of West Coast Eagles

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:21 am

Yeah it’s a makeshift forward line. We’ll see how well they can apply the pressure in the marvel confines. Suspect the mids are going to push forward hard and WHE will play as a marking forward. Fly won’t care how we win if we get the 4 points because that will mean there’s only 9wins to go.

And the last time Frampton played forward he came out of the match with a premiership medal.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:55 am

So according to my maths ( never a strong suit ) providing only one of MacRae OR Dean we’re to play, then that would mean at least one of Bytel, Allan or Richards would be in the 23. McInnes is selected in the 18 on the club website and that is usually a strong indicator he will play in the 23..
Obviously Bytel has played AFL before but his promotion would at least be seen as his debut for Collingwood.
F W IW - For 20 years clubs have been handing in their teams on selection night well out of position. We shouldn’t take those paper teams with any seriousness whatsoever.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 9:19 am

Per Jake Niall in The Age this morning, McInnes and Macrae are the confirmed ins. Elliott is facing a fitness test today and will most likely be replaced by Richards if he doesn’t get up, but Richards might still play regardless "according to an anonymous club source". Bytel is the other player specifically mentioned as being in the mix but that might just be supposition on Niall’s part.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 10:52 am

David wrote:
Per Jake Niall in The Age this morning, McInnes and Macrae are the confirmed ins. Elliott is facing a fitness test today and will most likely be replaced by Richards if he doesn’t get up, but Richards might still play regardless "according to an anonymous club source". Bytel is the other player specifically mentioned as being in the mix but that might just be supposition on Niall’s part.

I can’t wait to see who starts at C H F at the opening bounce. McGovern isn’t the most aerobically gifted player going around but he’s very smart and a strong mark. He won’t be dragged up the ground if he doesn’t rate his opponent. In theory, I’m against disrupting our back line ( until we get behind on the scoreboard ) but there might yet be a real chance either Frampton or Howe stand alongside McGovern at the opening bounce. As long as we’re winning in the midfield, sending a defender forward becomes an easier decision.
Also, MacRae playing makes sense because that should release Lipinski to spend more time as a forward and he at least knows where the goals are.
This strikes me as one of those games where the coaches will really earn their pay for the day. With so many holes in both teams, im looking forward to seeing who steps up when it matters most.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 11:19 am

Pies2016

Could we use WHE or Lipinski at CHF ?
Both are decent in the air but also stronger body and quicker than McGovern
If McRae doesn’t get a game now with all these injuries then you would assume he’s time with the club might be up. He hasn’t set the world on fire at AFL level yet but maybe he needs a run of games to feel settled.
I think we will go with a smaller lightning quick forward line and expose there lack of speed.
Don’t care about the margin we need to bank these 4 points
Nearly 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 11:30 am

Elliot out, Howe forward.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 11:44 am

^ confirmed by this article...

Collingwood rule out veteran forward, hint at replacement for West Coast clash
https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-round-9-collingwood-magpies-west-coast-jamie-elliot-150507/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 11:51 am

Jeeze, 4/6 fwds out in one round. Crazy.
Let’s see how our depth is against the growing cellar dwellers.

Our mids should be too strong, so I expect it to get locked in our fwd half. Probably the best opportunity to see how this second string line goes.

Cox probably has to play fwd.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies2016

Could we use WHE or Lipinski at CHF ?
Both are decent in the air but also stronger body and quicker than McGovern
If McRae doesn’t get a game now with all these injuries then you would assume he’s time with the club might be up. He hasn’t set the world on fire at AFL level yet but maybe he needs a run of games to feel settled.
I think we will go with a smaller lightning quick forward line and expose there lack of speed.
Don’t care about the margin we need to bank these 4 points

There’s a heap of options, it’s just that none of them are particularly reliable.
The coaches will set out to do to McGovern what they did to Weitering the previous game. Miochek is a good player, so Weitering had to go with him and that allowed us get out the back and our small forwards and mids went to work. This time it’s a different challenge because McGovern won’t be sucked up the ground by someone who isn’t a threat or who is only trying to lead him to “ dead space “. Re Lipinski, he’s not on my short list to do this job but that’s the fascination of this C H F vs C H B contest. Cox or Cameron could only play out of the square as forwards or they will blow up before half time.

Whoever plays on McGovern has to be smart, aerobic and demand enough respect that McGovern will go with him whenever we have the ball. I can’t see it being Cox or McInnes, so maybe it is W H E or Howe, They may also set Frampton to totally blanket him like his job on Harris in the G F. That’s why coaches get the big bucks. As I said in my earlier post, whoever plays on McGovern is going to be a fascinating watch. Let’s just hope whoever it is, wins the day, because if we win this position, then we go a long way to winning the game.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 12:30 pm

Just had a quick look at the first goal market... Howe is second favourite after Elliott.

What was he paying a day or two ago, I wonder?

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 12:33 pm

I'm a bit more nervous about this one now, especially if we fall into the habit of bombing the ball in high and long.

I'd kick a chaos ball in every time and see how that works out.
think better 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 12:47 pm

Bobby to kick 4
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 1:04 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I'm a bit more nervous about this one now, especially if we fall into the habit of bombing the ball in high and long.

With McCreery, Degoey, and Mitchell all out, three of the worst serial offenders for that bad habit are out of the side. Our ball use might even improve maybe.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 1:07 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

I'd kick a chaos ball in every time and see how that works out.

Equip the half-forwards with shovels and get them to tunnel their way in. Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: