Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Football media (press / radio / commentators et al)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 7:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
...However, often, what we perceive as anti-Collingwood commentary, is actually the commentators encouraging and building up the team which is being beaten or coming back from behind. I suspect they are instructed to do this, to generate excitement in the game.

I agree. We are playing Freo on their home ground and the commentators are always going to build them up for the home audience watching the broadcast. They often do that.

What annoyed me was Hodge, Richo, and BT bemoaning the umpiring now versus the good old days and not calling the actual game. We had to put up with over five minutes worth of that in the third quarter (I think) and then more after "that" decision. I dont give a rats what their opinions are. I want to hear them calling the game!

I did like Jonathan Brown after the match with his comment about what that umpire might think about his decision "when he is alone and having a coffee". That was entertaining at least.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 9:23 pm

Simply_Brutal wrote:
Hodge was passionately against the free on Sullivan and then advocating a 50 in favour of Collingwood.

Some of you lot are so sensitive. If anything the commentary was talking as if we had already won in the 2nd. You’re being ridiculous.

Hodge made 18 special comments of which 17 were Freo favourable and 1 anti umpires. The whingeing squib is still bitter about 2023 GF. Oh yeah, as for the financial advice ads Luke, you're about as credible as Ivan Milat giving tourism advice!

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:25 am

The commentary team - a bunch not-so-funny clowns 🤡
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 3:30 pm

"Luke Hodge STFU!"

We turned it on to commentary from "The Bev Show". Sadly, it was actually more entertaining than Ch7.
Hodge and Richo are just bad at the job. Yes they were good players, but their jobs should be going to professional callers.

I felt this way about Cameron Ling. He was an awful commentator/special comments person. Especially when Geelong were playing and he was pretending to be excited for the other team.

This is what I like about US sports. You can listen to the call from your own teams broadcast team. We need to do that here. Not "Press red for Ed". Just pro commentators approved to call for the clubs games.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 6:21 pm

Presti35 wrote:
^

Actually Carlton Radio on SEN is good value. It really is. It was especially good listening to that last quarter when we beat them. Geez they were flat when the siren went. Laughing
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:14 pm

^Ditto the MONDAY BLUES, on Utube, take a peek. Six one eyed Arab (by their own admission) Bluescum fans, whingeing and carrying on, when they lose. They call us the filth, and come out with tired old jokes, like Pies fans are feral, have few teeth, and haunt Centrelink Offices daily. Total dickheads, but very hilarious. Laughing Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 9:23 pm

Big article on role of umpiring and prognosis for teams to make finals...
"If you’ve ever struggled to understand how damaging an 0-3 start can be, just look at Collingwood."

AFL Rd 11 Talking Points: True problem with AFL’s umpiring furore exposed; Grand Finalist is officially done
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-round-11-talking-points-analysis-reaction-results-wrap-highlights-umpiring-complaints-collingwood-time-wasting-sydney-flag-favourites-brisbane-lions-problems/news-story/eb5254cc224c9b3505aaba7426b44c6d

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 4:48 pm

Jame Brayshaw is an awful commentator and ads nothing of value. BT i cannot stand. Roaming Brian should be shot into the sun.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 5:46 pm

JB is the best one of the Friday night crew.

But commentary can really make a moment even better.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:19 pm

Gerard Whateley is easily the best commentator in Australian sport. Listen to his call of the last two minutes of the GF. Magical.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 10:14 pm

I miss Dennis Cometti and Bruce Macavaney.Now they were decent commentators ,who didn’t try to make it all about themselves,like BT does today.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:05 pm

BT, Richo, Mung Hodge and the other Welfare barrickers were total ARSE again tonight
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:10 pm

^^^^

Don’t they just love it when we lose? It’s party time, especially for BT the big turd. They are easily pleased in life if that’s all they need 🙄

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:18 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
^^^^

Don’t they just love it when we lose? It’s party time, especially for BT the big turd. They are easily pleased in life if that’s all they need 🙄

If they told that fat turd to f^ck off in the change rooms after our next win [whenever the maggots don't swing momentum against us; good luck with that...] then perhaps he might get the picture...

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:19 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
^^^^

Make NO mistake, the fat bastard never got over being left out of the 1990 team, that won the flag, and has spat venom at us ever since. Cannot stand him. Evil or Very Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: