Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 725, 726, 727 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
^ NO NO NO NO and NO!!!!

That is just teaching animals to associate humans with food - and then they loose their natural fear and then the bastards shoot them! Evil or Very Mad

One of the many joys of Etosha is that the animals pay no attention to humans - lions wander across the road in front of you, elephants and rhinos pay you no heed unless you invade their space because no interaction is allowed - as it should be!

Apparently the next photo in the series, the bloke has no food left so mum eats him. Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 pm

think positive wrote:
Just arrived in Calgary at 10pm, the sun was almost set, it was 12 degrees, and as we pulled out our ski parkas before heading outside the airport, I noticed the locals were obvious, thongs, tshirts, shorts! Ok then! Off to lake Louise tomorrow, and 4 nights on the ice fields parkway, 1 on the lake, 2 jasper, 1 in Banff, been on the bucket list for a while. Cheers!

(Thanks David for deleting my double doubles! Odgey wifi waiting for a shuttle!)

http://www.icefieldsparkway.ca/

It's the reverse in Port Douglas. If it drops to 20 in the evening you see the locals in jeans and jumpers while the tourists are still in shorts and T shirts

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:58 pm

How long? On and off.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
^ NO NO NO NO and NO!!!!

That is just teaching animals to associate humans with food - and then they loose their natural fear and then the bastards shoot them! Evil or Very Mad

One of the many joys of Etosha is that the animals pay no attention to humans - lions wander across the road in front of you, elephants and rhinos pay you no heed unless you invade their space because no interaction is allowed - as it should be!

Apparently the next photo in the series, the bloke has no food left so mum eats him. Wink

That works for me - she has kids to feed after all! 😏😛

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Flying out tomorrow morning at some ungodly hour to join the hubby in Victoria Falls Zimbabwe Very Happy

No fog, no system failures please.... Ta very much Razz

HAL 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Your polite style is very nice. Does "it" still refer to ca[quote] It's the reverse in Port Douglas?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:35 pm

^ yep that would be it Hal Confused
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:37 pm

I like the way you talk.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:07 pm

One of my direct reports is seriously considering going for a different job. Apparently my fault for getting her to act in my role for 5 months and giving her a taste for it.

My new boss doesn't want to lose her and asked me for suggestions. I offered to step aside and take on a different role, budget allowing, and let her have my job.

5 seconds of silence then a fearful spray. Apparently i'm going no where except where I am. Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:57 am

stui magpie wrote:
One of my direct reports is seriously considering going for a different job. Apparently my fault for getting her to act in my role for 5 months and giving her a taste for it.

My new boss doesn't want to lose her and asked me for suggestions. I offered to step aside and take on a different role, budget allowing, and let her have my job.

5 seconds of silence then a fearful spray. Apparently i'm going no where except where I am. Razz

Well done, it's always nice to be appreciated 👏👏

Cabin we stayed at in lake Louise last night was just amazing, wish I'd been healthy enough to really enjoy it! Went to the quacks, got a roaring fever, some antibiotics and 11 hours sleep and I'm almost human today! Lovely French Canadian doctor says to me "tut tut my dear, you can't get sick on holidays!'. I remember a question in some thread, so for info it was $120 plus $34 for antibiotics, not bad.

Today we drove through a snow storm to get to Jasper, and I have to say, hubby really impressed me with his driving! I'm a chicken in a car with anyone else driving, too many hours with the kids on L's probably! At the top of one rise there was a car hanging over the edge! A little four cylinder front wheel drive! Why anyone would drive these mountains in that with the weather forecast we had, I don't know! The road is magnificent, but the snow got to a couple of inches deep. Went up the lake Louise ski lift, just beautiful. Lake Louise was still mostly frozen, an epic sight, though I was surprised, all the pics make it look huge; it's half the size I expected.

Canada is beautiful, the roads are fantastic, they measure in Kim, and the scenery is out of this world. The economy appears to be better than the US, new cars everywhere, really nice houses, it just all seems a lot newer.

Off to enjoy the log fire, go for a walk along the Athabasca river, cheers

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:00 am

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Well done, it's always nice to be appreciated 👏👏

Cabin we stayed at in lake Louise last night was just amazing, wish I'd been healthy enough to really enjoy it! Went to the quacks, got a roaring fever, some antibiotics and 11 hours sleep and I'm almost human today! Lovely French Canadian doctor says to me "tut tut my dear, you can't get sick on holidays!'. I remember a question in some thread, so for info it was $120 plus $34 for antibiotics, not bad.

Today we drove through a snow storm to get to Jasper, and I have to say, hubby really impressed me with his driving! I'm a chicken in a car with anyone else driving, too many hours with the kids on L's probably! At the top of one rise there was a car hanging over the edge! A little four cylinder front wheel drive! Why anyone would drive these mountains in that with the weather forecast we had, I don't know! The road is magnificent, but the snow got to a couple of inches deep. Went up the lake Louise ski lift, just beautiful. Lake Louise was still mostly frozen, an epic sight, though I was surprised, all the pics make it look huge; it's half the size I expected.

Canada is beautiful, the roads are fantastic, they measure in Kim, and the scenery is out of this world. The economy appears to be better than the US, new cars everywhere, really nice houses, it just all seems a lot newer.

Off to enjoy the log fire, go for a walk along the Athabasca river, cheers

Hope you feel better soon TP to enjoy your holiday more, get some chicken soup down yer.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:01 am

stui magpie wrote:

That was an act of chivalry Stui for offering to have a different job. As TP noted nice to be appreciated

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Cheers WPT! On the mend! Sitting in a log cabin in Jasper in front of a roaring fire, nothing planned for tomorrow! Rest day!

Yell at the footy for me xxx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:22 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

That was an act of chivalry Stui for offering to have a different job. As TP noted nice to be appreciated

Cheers mate. I actively support my people and push their barrow upwards at every opportunity. it doesn't diminish me in any way in my opinion, I'm content with who I am and what i can do, i don't need to promote myself.

A quote i like and work by is, if you're any good you don't need to tell people, they'll tell you. I have a great team and I make sure they get told that.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Flying out tomorrow morning at some ungodly hour to join the hubby in Victoria Falls Zimbabwe Very Happy

No fog, no system failures please.... Ta very much Razz

Glad to see you made it safely. Have a ball!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 725, 726, 727 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 726 of 866   

Jump to: