Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

List Management Targets

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
The biggest question mark I have about our decision to put Phillips up for trade is did we give him enough or any opportunity this season on the wing?

Sure Daicos might have staked his claim to one wing position but there is another one available and the question needs to be raised did that player/s produce a greater return than Phillips did at his peak during the 2018 and 19 seasons?

To be honest who besides Daicos was our mainstay on the wing this year anyway because I didn't take enough notice?

Was it Sidebottom or various midfielders, Hoskin-Elliott, Mayne?

If it was Hoskin-Elliott then his 10.83 average disposals was a piss poor return and miles below the numbers Phillips produced in 2018/29.

If it was Mayne his average disposal number was below even that of Phillips this season and IMO he to suffered a loss in form and at 32 the end is nigh.

I'm comfortable letting Phillips go if it provides much needed salary cap relief but as of right now I only see Sidebottom and if his form holds Daicos being meaningful upgrades over Phillips on a wing who despite his flaws has shown the capacity to be a big accumulator who covers a lot of ground to provide his teammates with an option.

We don't need Phillips, period. Rantall plays on the wing and he'll be playing there a long time with Daicos across the other wing. I think Buckley has other roles in mind for Sidebottom who can really play anywhere.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Yep Sidey moved to a goal sneak forward, and then on the ball later in the quarters if needed when other players (opposition) have tired. He could kick 2-3 a game.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:58 pm

I would imagine the preference in replacing Philips on the wing would be Noble. Has pace, penetration by foot and can hit a target. Opposition appeared to target his size at times late in the season and through finals, which wouldn't be as big a concern on the wing and his strengths might be better utilised - especially with so many HBF/BPs on the list...
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Could get a bit crowded down back when Howe comes back with Moore,Roughead ,Crisp,Maynard,IQ and Noble all there now

Maybe Noble could “wing it” and give way to Howe

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
I would imagine the preference in replacing Philips on the wing would be Noble. Has pace, penetration by foot and can hit a target. Opposition appeared to target his size at times late in the season and through finals, which wouldn't be as big a concern on the wing and his strengths might be better utilised - especially with so many HBF/BPs on the list...

Yeah, I agree...or maybe he could be an outside mid to replace the loss of Adz...Oh wait, sorry I forgot...we never actually played Adz as an outside mid, because we forced him to play a role that did not suit his elite qualities.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:32 pm

Strange as it sounds I'd play (if he stays) Stevo on a wing. If he can find the ticker for body contact and gut running, he has attributes of Peter Matera:

"HE ISN'T PETER MATERA" (yet)

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:52 pm

Sounding like Essendon are going to secure Peter Wright. And the Suns are going to retain a part of his contract. Are we sure we dont want him?

(Reported to be on around $500k)

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:00 pm

There's lots going on at Essendon.

They're now trying to keep Saad while getting Dunkley and Wright and asking for a ridiculous return for Fantasia.

Is there any way we can steal Dunkley under their noses?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:37 pm

It looks the die has been cast on our 2020 draft / trading strategy.
The 2020 strategy will be all about a heavy investment in the draft and an easing of our T P P pressures.
Might be a good time get used to a quiet trade period and importantly, understand that improving / developing our draft hand doesn’t finish when the trade period finishes.
I expect whatever picks we have at the end of the draft period will ultimately look very different by draft night.
Swapping of picks can continue up until a week before draft night and also there is live swapping of picks on the night.
Prepare for a quiet trade period and prep up on your draft prospects cause we are going to be a major player in a very solid draft that has a bit of everything in it ( including a few likely unforeseen curveballs on the night )
Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:12 pm

There is nothing good about losing Treloar, Stephenson and Cox except for keeping the accountants happy and moving Ned Guy to one step closer to being sacked.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:51 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Prepare for a quiet trade period and prep up on your draft prospects cause we are going to be a major player in a very solid draft that has a bit of everything in it. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

Is that factual, hopeful or speculative?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:57 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
There is nothing good about losing Treloar, Stephenson and Cox except for keeping the accountants happy and moving Ned Guy to one step closer to being sacked.

My sentiments exactly. Still upset, dismayed and totally spooked by what the club is trying to do. Total mistery to me🙄 the blind following the blind😧

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:21 pm

Stephenson will stay
We should attract a top ten pick for AT
Pick 24 is just about fair for Flip from Hawks

My biggest fear is that P Wright will turn out to be a great pick up by Essendon and if we trade Cox why arent we looking at PW?

To me PW looks like the exact type of player that will thrive in a new environment and let his obvious talent shine. Im filthy we arent into him TBH and only attracting a third round selection too.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:33 pm

Lazza wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Prepare for a quiet trade period and prep up on your draft prospects cause we are going to be a major player in a very solid draft that has a bit of everything in it. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

That’s how they describe the draft. It’s a draft with a few talls too - Fact
We will be a major player at the pointy end - Fact
Good things come to those who wait - Nothing more than a time honoured proverb that stands for very little when it comes to footy.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:57 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

We will be a major player at the pointy end - Fact

Not a fact as yet but a probability. I’m not sure that some we hope/want/wish to do can be a fact until it’s done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 76 of 84   

Jump to: