Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Caro is a gutter trash journalist, always looking for anything linked to football that doesn't actually happen on the field. But what she says here is 100% correct.
Name one other club that has a player currently serving a suspension for betting on games?
Name one other club that has a player currently awaiting the results of a b-sample drug test from ASADA?
The problem with Caro is that she resorts to this type of answer when directly asked a question about what's actually happening out on the footy field and the performances of players on the field. She has no clue how the game is actually played!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:38 am

Stinger wrote:
Caro is a gutter trash journalist, always looking for anything linked to football that doesn't actually happen on the field. But what she says here is 100% correct.

Agree with you on Caro living in the gutter. But she is not 100% correct, what she said (Collingwood has a bigger drug and gambling problem than any other club) is grossly and factually untrue. Other clubs have massive issues with their players, boy can I tell you all about St Kilda, Sydney, Hawthorn, Gold Coast... I’d be here all week writing a novel. The difference is our players were dumb enough to be caught — and more importantly, the AFL loves using dumb Collingwood players to make statements. There have been other players the AFL could have used to make statements on gambling and drugs, but they don’t have the national media coverage a Collingwood player gets.

Murray was dumb. Stephenson was a dickhead. But to say Collingwood has a bigger issue because two players were caught is grossly dishonest and frankly it’s slander. Caro, Slobbo, can get f*cked and the CFC should do a media ban.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:13 am

Not disputing that other clubs have issues either. But my point is that no other club is dealing with players actually suspended from playing the game becuase of gambling or taking drugs.

If they ain't suspended then their issues (other clubs) aren't bigger than ours.

Although it could be argued that Player A - with a mental health break from the game - is one and the same - although it would never directly be said by a club would it?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:15 am

Difference is our issues seem bigger because they’re public. Other clubs (with a little help from their friends) keep it under the rug, and journalists adhere to a “gentleman’s agreement” not to talk about it. But it’s open season for us.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:43 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Can the club sue her for defamation? I’m serious, her unfounded insinuations seriously damage the Collingwood brand. We’re a business, that hurts sales and sponsorships. And that drunk gambler Slobbo is the same. And I can tell you for a fact, with inside knowledge, that we are one of the clubs with the least problems of drugs and gambling. It’s f*cking rich those accusations coming from a Richmond supporter. Eddie — the club — needs to rip into her for this. F*ck, boycott all Fairfax media for the year (and that might be better for us too).

Lloyd’s a flip-flopping Collingwood hater. Only says positive things when everyone else is and he wants to be cool like them. F*ck him too.

If you are going to go with the 'I've got inside info' line, your credibility would be better served if you got public domain facts right.

Fairfax does not exist. It was delisted from the ASX last year. The Age is now owned by Nine, employer of Eddie McGuire. Good luck with the boycott.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:13 pm

I have ignored the Media as they are Full of Idiots who just love Bagging Collingwood.

Rather watch Saturday's Games Replay then watch those Shit Footy TV Panel Shows

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Can the club sue her for defamation? I’m serious, her unfounded insinuations seriously damage the Collingwood brand. We’re a business, that hurts sales and sponsorships. And that drunk gambler Slobbo is the same. And I can tell you for a fact, with inside knowledge, that we are one of the clubs with the least problems of drugs and gambling. It’s f*cking rich those accusations coming from a Richmond supporter. Eddie — the club — needs to rip into her for this. F*ck, boycott all Fairfax media for the year (and that might be better for us too).

Lloyd’s a flip-flopping Collingwood hater. Only says positive things when everyone else is and he wants to be cool like them. F*ck him too.
'

Well she said we have Druggies and Gambling.

I hope she has Proof of it

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:19 pm

Stinger wrote:
Name one other club that has a player currently serving a suspension for betting on games?
Name one other club that has a player currently awaiting the results of a b-sample drug test from ASADA?
The problem with Caro is that she resorts to this type of answer when directly asked a question about what's actually happening out on the footy field and the performances of players on the field. She has no clue how the game is actually played!

Then do we need a Huge Clean out at the Club. Get Rid of Ton of People are do a Total Rebuild?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:20 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Difference is our issues seem bigger because they’re public. Other clubs (with a little help from their friends) keep it under the rug, and journalists adhere to a “gentleman’s agreement” not to talk about it. But it’s open season for us.

and We they play for Collingwood.

Collingwood is Front Page and Start News Story Worthy.

But IF they play for North,Doggies or Suns. They don't care about that as People don't care

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:25 pm

Woods wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

If you are going to go with the 'I've got inside info' line, your credibility would be better served if you got public domain facts right.

Fairfax does not exist. It was delisted from the ASX last year. The Age is now owned by Nine, employer of Eddie McGuire. Good luck with the boycott.

Well la di da. My mates are at clubs, not in the media. I know who I trust with the facts. If Eddie would rather bend over and take it, then that’s disappointing. I’m tired of our club bending over and taking it with a smile. Say what needs to be said, we have the cash to pay the fines. But knowing how vindictive people at AFL HQ and in the media can be, that’ll probably just encourage more shit. So I guess I’ll just bend over and take it too.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:35 pm

It’s up to our players and staff to respond. Let our footy do the talking. Tired of bending over, and sycophants and hypocrites in the media/AFL HQ taking cheap shots at us. Get out there on the G and smash the hawks, it’s the only way we get them off our backs. Get out west next week and show the GF wasn’t a fluke. Show some f*cking pride and guts, instead of bending over.

I’m mad. Mad at the North game. Mad at Stephenson. Mad at Caro taking cheap shots. Mad at our club continually bending over and taking it. And mad at our players who sometimes don’t know how lucky they are to be playing AFL, 5-10 years in the system and they’re set for life. Don’t f*ck it up! Especially for us long-suffering fans who have to put up with the shit at every workplace, every BBQ, every time we read the paper or watch TV.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:45 pm

I was doing fine after our loss, took everything in my stride, joking about Moore’s hair. Pretty positive. All it took to push me over the edge was Wilson’s smartass cheap shot.

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:05 pm

It is interesting that some journos will pick and choose who they take aim at, depending on their agendas.
There is a particular reasonably high profile player at Richmond who is currently serving penance in the VFL for a very news worthy story. It’s not drugs or gambling but if I know the story, then I’m sure plenty of journos do too.
He seems to be one of Caros pets, so I doubt if she’s likely to break it to the world. I have no trouble with anyone breaking news on Collingwood but it does smack of bias when they hold back on stories about their own club.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:28 pm

This is the reason why I don't watch those moronic panel shows. They're run by self-righteous mongoloid sycophants who serve the afl; their sole purpose is to target clubs like ours, and stick the boot in whenever it's convenient. Always sniffing around the gutters. Do yourselves a favour peeps and stop watching. Caro is a fukkwit. Slobbo is a fukkwit. Healy is a fukkwit. Lloyd is a fukkwit. Lyon is a fukkwit. Watson is a fukkwit. Roos is a fukkwit. Give them the arse. Don't listen to their radio shows. Don't watch their programs. Don't read their articles.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:47 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
This is the reason why I don't watch those moronic panel shows. They're run by self-righteous mongoloid sycophants who serve the afl; their sole purpose is to target clubs like ours, and stick the boot in whenever it's convenient. Always sniffing around the gutters. Do yourselves a favour peeps and stop watching. Caro is a fukkwit. Slobbo is a fukkwit. Healy is a fukkwit. Lloyd is a fukkwit. Lyon is a fukkwit. Watson is a fukkwit. Roos is a fukkwit. Give them the arse. Don't listen to their radio shows. Don't watch their programs. Don't read their articles.

I use to watch them a Bit but this Year I barley watched them as they add nothing new and as you Said they are Super Bias.

I actually think Roo's makes some Good Points

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 79 of 182   

Jump to: