Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys not sure anyone can help. I have this problem with my computer. Every time I log onto the afl website it lists us as second on the ladder; and when I giggle how to resolve I keep getting directed to a page that says “get a f...ing grip, long way to go; it’s better with our backs to the wall; we play better against the top teams, our best is good enough and finals played in September not June.” Any suggestions appreciated
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
... we play better against the top teams, ...

Shocked True, North is not a top team (but they can still make finals). Freo is not a top team. It's true that West Coast may also not be a top team. Is it possible for Geebung not to be a top team right now?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:52 pm

Had a mate who was a member at Essendrug in Sheedy time and he got some bad media
He invited Craig Hutchison along on the pretext of a breaking story and when he had him in with players he allegedly said to players

“Don’t do any interview with this man as he will not report it factually “

Then turned and said to Hutchy “Now you can leave”

As told to me

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Don't watch her show. Don't read her paper.

I don't really care what she says. It's irrelevant for me.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:27 pm

I'd love to ignore her so she disappears into a black hole. But all day at work I hear "Collingwood's got a big drugs/gambling/culture problem blah blah." Chinese whispers.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:23 am

She is a Richmond sycophant parading as a journalist whose foothold into the journalistic establishment only came from who paternal heritage whose industry connections opened every door needed. Get back to Europe CARRRRRRO
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:55 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Can the club sue her for defamation? I’m serious, her unfounded insinuations seriously damage the Collingwood brand. We’re a business, that hurts sales and sponsorships. And that drunk gambler Slobbo is the same. And I can tell you for a fact, with inside knowledge, that we are one of the clubs with the least problems of drugs and gambling. It’s f*cking rich those accusations coming from a Richmond supporter. Eddie — the club — needs to rip into her for this. F*ck, boycott all Fairfax media for the year (and that might be better for us too).

Lloyd’s a flip-flopping Collingwood hater. Only says positive things when everyone else is and he wants to be cool like them. F*ck him too.
'

Well she said we have Druggies and Gambling.

I hope she has Proof of it

The evidence would be who we can confidently say has a drug / gambling issue. Ignoring speculation, Collingwood have had

3 players suspended / penalised for drugs
3 players suspended / penalised for gambling (including the Captain)

That's pretty good proof. Not sure what more you can ask of Caro.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:39 am

She knows what goes on behind closed doors at Richmond. She knows what Duatywas up to. What Jake King was doing. A few other players. And geez, Maxwell and Shaw was 2011... shouldn’t she be after GES now and Shaw’s evil influence on their pure and innocent players?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:50 pm

She hates Collingwood, but she hates Eddie even more.

She is just another shock jock journo imo. I don't read her stuff or watch her stuff.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Can the club sue her for defamation? I’m serious, ...

Stupid, unthinking idea. Do you really want to give Caroline Wilson the right, as defendant, to put witnesses in the box such as Swan, Beams, Didak, Thomas, Stephenson etc etc. Do you really want these men to be put on oath and testify about Collingwood's past re. drug taking, betting, "volcanic behavior" etc . Because to save themselves from perjury they would all spill their guts in a heartbeat. Imagine the questions? To Thomas, Who were the other players that snorted PED-laced cocaine with you and Keefe; To Swan, did you take any PED during the 2010 season? etc. etc. No way. Let sleeping dogs lie. Geez, the club would end up deregistered.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:32 pm

Stinger wrote:
Not disputing that other clubs have issues either. But my point is that no other club is dealing with players actually suspended from playing the game becuase of gambling or taking drugs.

If they ain't suspended then their issues (other clubs) aren't bigger than ours.

Although it could be argued that Player A - with a mental health break from the game - is one and the same - although it would never directly be said by a club would it?

Turn it up, smell the coffee, if u honeslty think young Stephenson is the ONLY young player in the AFL, who has got mates to put bets on for him, you are living in cloud cuckoo land, there would be quite a few who have done it make no mistake, hed be far from the only one, HIs big mistake was owning up to it, Howe should have told him to stop betting right bloody now and keep his mouth shut, Like he owned up, and still got hit with a disgusting massive penalty, what the hell good did owning up do ????

As for the Richmond bitch, she despises Collingwood, its par for the course any of her vile rantings shes just bout past her use by date, surely. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Woods wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Can the club sue her for defamation? I’m serious, ...

Stupid, unthinking idea. Do you really want to give Caroline Wilson the right, as defendant, to put witnesses in the box such as Swan, Beams, Didak, Thomas, Stephenson etc etc. Do you really want these men to be put on oath and testify about Collingwood's past re. drug taking, betting, "volcanic behavior" etc . Because to save themselves from perjury they would all spill their guts in a heartbeat. Imagine the questions? To Thomas, Who were the other players that snorted PED-laced cocaine with you and Keefe; To Swan, did you take any PED during the 2010 season? etc. etc. No way. Let sleeping dogs lie. Geez, the club would end up deregistered.

It's slander, mate. I want to agree with you, but mud sticks. Considering she knows what's going on at the Suns, St Kilda, and a few other clubs that the AFL is managing to not get named in the media... it's really bloody insulting for her to say Collingwood is the worst in the league for players with drugs and gambling issues. If she clarified that with, "considering no other club currently has two players suspended for drug and gambling incidents, you would think Collingwood has the bigger issue..." then yeah, let her blow hot air. But she specifically said our club is the worst in the league for drugs and gambling, insinuating Murray and Stephenson are just the tip of the iceberg. That irks me when she knows full well that's not true, we have a pretty good culture right now. But I agree, she hates Collingwood, she hates Eddie, so it's best to ignore her. I'm just tired of our club copping it and bending over, when there's a lot worse going on elsewhere.

Anyway, moving on. It's up to our players to prove the witch wrong.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:05 am
Post subject: The Board - changes now made (16-Dec)Reply with quote

According to Caro (who is she on Nicks? Seen a bit of this posted here!). Also talking up Clarkson being signed sooner rather than later.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/why-the-time-is-right-for-a-coup-at-collingwood-20210513-p57rpt.html
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:29 am

I like the idea of Justin Leppitsch as a senior assistant. I was actually hoping he might be approached for the senior role. Granted he had a rough time in Brisbane but I reckon he was pivotal to Richmond’s improvement.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:36 am

Yeah most coaches are only as good as the people around them. No secret other clubs are succeeding in recent years because they’ve got the right mix of coaching assistants. Us post-2018 proves that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 80 of 182   

Jump to: