Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The VICTORY experience

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

bazdaddy wrote:
Why don't our crowds make that noise....I can answer that...we vary in demographics, aging from the very young to the very old, where as I would as has been reported the key demo for soccer crowds are the 18-35 who generally are those that make more noise.

Another factor is the segregation of supporters. In the A-League there is just one team for each city, so matches are played in front of crowds that nearly all are supporting the same team. The visiting supporters get herded into one small area.

In the AFL, particularly where 2 Melbourne teams are playing each other, the supporters of the two sides are more integrated. So it's much harder for one team's supporters to get a united atmosphere going. It's only when you get a team like Freo playing at home against a club from the East that you get that parochial passionate one-sided supporter vibe going. Sydney gets a bit like that too.

Victorian AFL fans are incredibly conservative. Probably because Melbourne has always been an extremely conservative city.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:15 am

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:
bazdaddy wrote:
Why don't our crowds make that noise....I can answer that...we vary in demographics, aging from the very young to the very old, where as I would as has been reported the key demo for soccer crowds are the 18-35 who generally are those that make more noise.

Another factor is the segregation of supporters. In the A-League there is just one team for each city, so matches are played in front of crowds that nearly all are supporting the same team. The visiting supporters get herded into one small area.

In the AFL, particularly where 2 Melbourne teams are playing each other, the supporters of the two sides are more integrated. So it's much harder for one team's supporters to get a united atmosphere going. It's only when you get a team like Freo playing at home against a club from the East that you get that parochial passionate one-sided supporter vibe going. Sydney gets a bit like that too.

Victorian AFL fans are incredibly conservative. Probably because Melbourne has always been an extremely conservative city.

You raise some intersting points Doctor..but if that was to be 100% correct why cant visiting away team supporters who flock to Adelaide in the thousands and generally herded into one area be as loud as Melb Victory supporters ?

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:24 am

bazdaddy wrote:

I will be a bit more honest

Our crowds are shit boring we dont have passion...we used to but not anymore.. we've been conned by the basil bottle brush security brigade who inturn take orders from Andy D and his pro tea drinking regime.

We are an embarrasment to the game we sit on arse most probably with pen in hand at the ready to mark in the next point and goal kicker.. God help us if anyone was to stand up and obstruct our view of this practise occuring.....What the Victory crowds have done is very successfully remind us we are miles away from being what they are!!
How pathetically sad AFL crowds have become!!

black_bart 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:59 pm

ahhh the victory experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIJphLD_h1Y

and ....

along similar lines ... how about these fans going off at a greek basketball game . (the translation to what they're singing about is in the description) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSMwQnGRXe4
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:11 pm

creedymagpie wrote:
I cant see how your coming to that conclusion. The point that is being made is that the way the AFL (and even our own club for that matter) has changed the way us supporters are 'allowed' to support the club. We cant just show up at a ground and be behind the goals with 20 of our mates like 6-7 years ago. That is the difference being highlighted Tess.

Even in AFL Grand Finals there isn't the same passion as there once was, tickets should goto AFL teams that are playing on the day to build the atmosphere that used to be there.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:12 pm

The AFL grand final is the biggest joke of all.

I found atmosphere wise the away games overseas were the best. As there are only 3,000 approx of you that are lucky enough to get tickets and its the die hards that go and there is a bond that occurs amongst the travelling group.

A bit like the away trips to Sydney and Adelaide.

jlc

bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:49 pm

Joff I don't agree, I've stated why we are not as loud I won't go into it again.

As for the Grand Final I agree 100% on that, in this case Joff is right because the Grand Final's majority crowd is taken up by either supporters of non competing teams or the high rollers the G.F atmosphere is horrible. However the preliminary's i went to and the Qualifying and eliminations I have attended in my life so far have been nothing short of fantastic atmosphere wise.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:25 am

bazdaddy wrote:
Joff I don't agree, I've stated why we are not as loud I won't go into it again.

As for the Grand Final I agree 100% on that, in this case Joff is right because the Grand Final's majority crowd is taken up by either supporters of non competing teams or the high rollers the G.F atmosphere is horrible. However the preliminary's i went to and the Qualifying and eliminations I have attended in my life so far have been nothing short of fantastic atmosphere wise.

I know the qualifying final your talking about...just imagine going to the footy and having that atmosphere ten times over.....welcome to any melbourne victory game my friend.
Remember the excitement after that qualifying final when not even half the crowd joined in the long slow collingwood chant..how excited everyone was ?

The victory crowd do that every week but not with half the crowd or 25% of the crowd they do it with FULL crowd participation...you see my idea of passion is not sitting there with AFL record book on lap and orgasming over two or three loud verses of ...wait for it and lets cringe together...collingwood clap clap clap...dont know which is worse the great aussie cricket chant of ozzie ozzie ozzie oi oi oi or the magpie army's collingwood clap clap clap chant...both would be prep or grade one quality.

Some years back when our cheersquad was rejuvenated and re passioned well before the "perceptive fellow" got involved and wrecked it for everyone there was an ocassion when security at Telstra dome came down into cheersquad and told us we were making too much noise....that just about sums up AFL football at present.
The AFL dont want passion in the terraces maybe because it offends the number one priority group...The theatre goer!
Maybe it offends the sponsors and or the corporates who believe if it wasnt for there involvement in the game the game wouldn't exist, im searching for answers here because to be quite honest i dont know what the hell has happened to the AFL outer.

Every collingwood game should be a celebration of love and endearment it should be a carnival of fun...our attitude on waking up every saturday morning should be im gonna see the pies play today and we're gonna have a ball we're gonna celebrate win lose or draw.
We have been robotised by the AFL..we have been told human beings dont fart..we have been told that if human beings display too much pasion they are either bogans or trouble makers and even hooligans...we get told to sit down and shut up..the last remaining question must be..is the AFL a secret GREATER UNION franchise ?

The melbourne victory experience has reinstated my belief its time for passion to be returned to the terraces its time to once again have fun and not sit back like stale bottles of piss in fear of offending those who only appear when skies are blue.
Go to any Victory game and you will be stunned by crowd involvement the passion the singing the ability to have fun!!

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:44 am

black_bart wrote:
ahhh the victory experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIJphLD_h1Y

and ....

along similar lines ... how about these fans going off at a greek basketball game . (the translation to what they're singing about is in the description) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSMwQnGRXe4

Thanks for the youtube vision mate it'll give those an example of what we're talkin about!!

bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:17 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
bazdaddy wrote:

I know the qualifying final your talking about...just imagine going to the footy and having that atmosphere ten times over.....welcome to any melbourne victory game my friend.
Remember the excitement after that qualifying final when not even half the crowd joined in the long slow collingwood chant..how excited everyone was ?

The victory crowd do that every week but not with half the crowd or 25% of the crowd they do it with FULL crowd participation...you see my idea of passion is not sitting there with AFL record book on lap and orgasming over two or three loud verses of ...wait for it and lets cringe together...collingwood clap clap clap...dont know which is worse the great aussie cricket chant of ozzie ozzie ozzie oi oi oi or the magpie army's collingwood clap clap clap chant...both would be prep or grade one quality.

Some years back when our cheersquad was rejuvenated and re passioned well before the "perceptive fellow" got involved and wrecked it for everyone there was an ocassion when security at Telstra dome came down into cheersquad and told us we were making too much noise....that just about sums up AFL football at present.
The AFL dont want passion in the terraces maybe because it offends the number one priority group...The theatre goer!
Maybe it offends the sponsors and or the corporates who believe if it wasnt for there involvement in the game the game wouldn't exist, im searching for answers here because to be quite honest i dont know what the hell has happened to the AFL outer.

Every collingwood game should be a celebration of love and endearment it should be a carnival of fun...our attitude on waking up every saturday morning should be im gonna see the pies play today and we're gonna have a ball we're gonna celebrate win lose or draw.
We have been robotised by the AFL..we have been told human beings dont fart..we have been told that if human beings display too much pasion they are either bogans or trouble makers and even hooligans...we get told to sit down and shut up..the last remaining question must be..is the AFL a secret GREATER UNION franchise ?

The melbourne victory experience has reinstated my belief its time for passion to be returned to the terraces its time to once again have fun and not sit back like stale bottles of piss in fear of offending those who only appear when skies are blue.
Go to any Victory game and you will be stunned by crowd involvement the passion the singing the ability to have fun!!
I agree 100% with that as I have said the one thing I admire greatly with soccer is the crowd participation and I do genuinely love the noise and chanting however, as I have also said AFL is a different game with different cross sections of ages, it's never going to achieve the same amount of crowd participation as soccer does, however it doesn't mean that AFL crowds have lost their passion, For the majoirty of Collingwood games this year, we were very, very loud.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:19 am

imagine this.....Drums at the top deck ponny stand just jumping and singing for the mighty pies!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vacrug_jvM

Last edited by joffa corfe on Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:28 am

The now world famous north end east end south end west end chant shows what true passion sport is all about!!
And it happened right here in Melbourne Smile

Last edited by joffa corfe on Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:17 am; edited 4 times in total
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:56 am

As i prepare to rest my case im prepared to entertain any further arguments pertaining to this topic
cheers!!

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:36 am

One more thing before im finished....we used to have this kind of passion at the footy but its no longer wanted...several years ago we started a winners circle..its now something that on any given day can attract thousands of collingwood supporters...kids grannies everyone alike has to get to the winners circle after a collingwood victory...why ?
because its loud its passionate and its fun it gets bigger and bigger every year it really has become some type of rock concert...

When it first started we used to conduct the winners circle inside the stadiums we have been evicted from doing it inside both Telstra and the MCG...suprise suprise...the youtube vision will prove people want to be passionate and loud and proud just as our Melbourne Victory Brothers and comrades but at AFL we are not allowed to be and it is truly very very sad!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3rx93gMw8

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:15 pm

I'm with ya Joff, we will get the passion and excitement back into the AFL.

One thing that I have noticed never happens at AFL games is chanting before matches and at half time. This is a perfect time to have longer drawn out chants and you can stand up as much as you like then Smile

We will be joining in up on the 2nd level. The good thing about most of the legends members are that we have passion (why else would we shell out $740 a year?)

If you watch my you tube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L-lOJhKWlQ It's pretty lacklustre, we can do better than that!! We should be singing, jumping claping etc and generally going nuts at this stage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: