Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rascim is Okay in Cricket - Singh is Off

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
EBB 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:39 pm

Very Happy Shocked Very Happy
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:16 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I find two things very interesting in the judgement that Nomad posted a link to.

1. The agreed statement signed by Singh and a number of Australians that stated that Symonds swore at Singh and that Singh responded with words designed to give offence.

2. The fact that the ICC code did not provide a standard of proof so the investigator "invented" one part way between the civil "balance of probabilities" and the criminal "beyond reasonable doubt". He also referenced Proctor as having made his decision on the basis of "beyond reasonable doubt" which surprises me. I would have thought that, failing anything being spelled out, the civil standard would have been the appropriate one.

They've basically twisted it so that Singh may have said a hinu swear word that could be mistaken for monkey but losely translates as "motherf&*ker".

What a total and absolute crock of sh1t.

The ICC just Sucked the Indians(BCCI) Cocks and Said "is that better now" Wink

Why would you want to play International Cricket now with this Crap?

LOL

n1 DTM!
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:17 pm

What a joke!

Singh claiming he didn't call Roy a monkey - really your honour it was a different term of abuse in my own language - all perfectly innocent with no racism or disrespect intended - reminds of Bill Clinton - " I did not have sexual relations with that woman" - please Rolling Eyes

There are many individual Aussies who are racist - but by hell as a race we are light weights in comparison to many - anyone who suggests otherwise should travel o/s and experience "true" indoctrinated racism alive and well in many cultures

We ain't perfect - far from it - but we ain't all good ole boy red necks either - critiscm and sceptiscim where it is deserved - regardless of colour - sick of the racism card every time we disagree with the actions or behaviour of other from a different race or creed

Bloody good job Gus - doubt I would have been as well behaved as you confronted with the appalling behaviour of the Indians Evil or Very Mad

Has the experience of AFL not taught us - the vilification is how the "victim" feels about the taunt - now somehow Roy is the villian pfffttt!!!

Oh AND damn I hope we smash em on fri nite!!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Morrigu wrote:
What a joke!

Singh claiming he didn't call Roy a monkey - really your honour it was a different term of abuse in my own language - all perfectly innocent with no racism or disrespect intended - reminds of Bill Clinton - " I did not have sexual relations with that woman" - please Rolling Eyes

There are many individual Aussies who are racist - but by hell as a race we are light weights in comparison to many - anyone who suggests otherwise should travel o/s and experience "true" indoctrinated racism alive and well in many cultures

We ain't perfect - far from it - but we ain't all good ole boy red necks either - critiscm and sceptiscim where it is deserved - regardless of colour - sick of the racism card every time we disagree with the actions or behaviour of other from a different race or creed

Bloody good job Gus - doubt I would have been as well behaved as you confronted with the appalling behaviour of the Indians Evil or Very Mad

Has the experience of AFL not taught us - the vilification is how the "victim" feels about the taunt - now somehow Roy is the villian pfffttt!!!

I disagree susan lets all remember the race riots of Cronulla a few years ago..it's alive in this country and simmering simmering very slowly ready to explode.

Would we have the same scenario happening if the Indians were white and didn't eat curry ?
Of course not ! this is an issue about the white man's false belief he has supremacy over everything and anything black.
To believe it any other way is absolute folly!
The black man has one up on the white man and boy oh boy aint it creating a stink! Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:47 pm

Is that from it? That was before I was born. Can you please rephrase that with fewer ideas, or different thoughts?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:53 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
What a joke!

I disagree susan lets all remember the race riots of Cronulla a few years ago..it's alive in this country and simmering simmering very slowly ready to explode.

Would we have the same scenario happening if the Indians were white and didn't eat curry ?
Of course not ! this is an issue about the white man's false belief he has supremacy over everything and anything black.
The black man has one up on the white man and boy oh boy aint it creating a stink! Wink

No Joff sorry - the black man has one up on the black man - Roy is black and he was subjected to unreasonable taunts and insults whilst in India and a repeat offender again transgressed in Sydeney - to suggest that his angst at such taunts is trivial is to accept racism because he is Australian - that is unacceptable not because he is Australian but because as a human being he felt racially vilified - as I stated regardless of colour or creed that is unacceptable

Black v white, white v black, black v black, muslim v christian, hindu v jew - it is all unacceptable end of story!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:05 pm

Morrigu wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
What a joke!

No Joff sorry - the black man has one up on the black man - Roy is black and he was subjected to unreasonable taunts and insults whilst in India and a repeat offender again transgressed in Sydeney - to suggest that his angst at such taunts is trivial is to accept racism because he is Australian - that is unacceptable not because he is Australian but because as a human being he felt racially vilified - as I stated regardless of colour or creed that is unacceptable

Black v white, white v black, black v black, muslim v chritian, hindu v jew - it is all unacceptable end of story!

Ah yes i agree susan, but your the minority on this one and again i agree with your bottom paragraph. Its all unacceptable FULL STOP.
But im afraid the general white australian population dont see it that way unfortunately susan this has very much become a racist thing of Black V White..it's evident alone by the fact we have people calling the Indians Curry Munchers that is a racial vilification.
On here in a public forum people are tip toeing around in fear of being exposed as a racist, but out there on the streets in the suburbs have a listen to whats been said..its actually very scary and just as sickening.

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:15 am

Tess do you have a definition for the term "Politically Correct"?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:38 am

The Hansen Bloke is Now Blaming Symo,

It's us Against the World Now

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:38 am

He is a Kiwi, what did you expect? lol baaaaaaaaa
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:42 am

Tess wrote:
Frank why do you do that all the time?

Do what?
I'd like to know. What's wrong with that?

A few people throw terms like PC around and have no idea what they mean.

Here is my definition:
A number of scholarly articles and books indicate that the concept of political correctness (in its current pejorative incarnation) was a creation of right wing think tanks during the Reagan era looking to wedge the Democrats from their own constituency of the working class.
It is a myth

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:59 am

Morrigu wrote:

I know we haven't agreed much in the past, but this is an excellent post.

If, like me, you believe that 'racism' (which I define as closer to xenophobia, or simply, fear or dislike of those who are in some way different) is an inherent part of human nature, then it makes sense that we'd be one of the least 'racist' countries in the world. After all, it's such a big deal over here to be 'racist', which has also become quite a multi-purpose insult... I wonder if they even have a word for racism in India? Might seem a ridiculous question, but I honestly don't know if it's considered such a big issue away from the western world.

As for this issue, I'm more interested in the hypocrisy that develops when it's not just a case of white v black - a few of the usual suspects have been a bit quiet in this thread. And, on the flipside, I'm sure outside the forum there'll be a few rednecks around who wouldn't usually care about racism, but are suddenly morally appalled by this incident.

It's especially interesting to compare this to the Lehmann incident a few years back... his racial slur (if you can even call it that) was not nearly as bad as this one, really in any way you look at it. Anyone who even disputes that fact must have rocks in their head - and yet, I wonder if there is as much moral outrage over this incident?

And, Dave The Man, well done for holding your ground in this thread, you have made a lot of good points (even if that first post was kind of ironic).

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:18 am

Symonds should requested knobhead to step outside for some good old fashioned lets sort it out like men. Then Knobhead would have ceased his racist slurs. PC does not work, it's the cowards way.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:07 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
The Hansen Bloke is Now Blaming Symo,

It's us Against the World Now

FFS, the world is not against the aussies. he is absolutely correct in saying symonds instigated it. wtf did symonds need to go and defend lee for? if he had've left well enough alone this would not have eventuated.

lee is more than capable of looking after himself. there was nothing sinister in the interaction between lee and singh.

my estimation of symonds has diminished over this but that is of little consequence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: