Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Harry O

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
[quote="Hiss"][quote="E"][quote="Hiss"]The media are to blame for all this. They have placed so much stress on Harry and insist on these door stop interviews which cause him to make statements that should be kept private. Club has acted professionally in all this as well. Well done Ed. Well done Bucks.[/quote]

Agree. I like that you can be critical of Bucks for things you dont agree with and then praise him for the good work. Its almost like you actually think.

I wish Jack Spain could learn from you great Hiss.[/quote]

Great Hiss! Now that is a bit much. I stand by my support of Nathan Buckley. He will be one of the great coaches of all time. Our team need to be natured. He is blooding young stars of the future. He is supported by a great President who also has my full support. Side by Side.[/quote]

Gees Hiss mate, what ever side of bed you got out of today, stick with it.
Happy days Wink
I hope that your dreams come true.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Maybe what Harry actually said should be re-read by some.

"I'm going through issues that I sort of put in the past for a long time, including a long and very complicated history of sexual abuse"

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Well, the quote from Harry could be ambiguous I guess. Don't know if we will ever know, nor if we need to if he is referring to abuse he was aware of in his family or friends. There was that odd comment from his brother too.

I guess the way he brought it up kind of threw me for a curve at the time, as I think I said it seemed oddly offhand but now I am showing my own biases.

I still believe he is not the monster of narcissism you are making out Beast, but I can see now why behaviours that trigger that red flag for you woud get the emotional response they do. I still think what he is doing is consistent with depression.

Winston Churchill

Last edited by woodisgood on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:18 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Beast wrote:

And one doesn't need to be a doctor to give one a diagnosis of being a weak self-obsessed narcissist.

A little harsh. To give you your due, you seem pretty obsessed with Harry, not just yourself Wink.

Yeah I can see why it can be construed this way but fact of the matter is I'm obsessed with anyone who lets our Club down and Harry has done it on more than one occasion.

And by the way this is an outstanding summary of the situation I found on another site

Quote:
I don't wish anything bad on Harry O and hope he gets help for whatever he is going through. That said, anyone who thinks he is intelligent or an intellect need to go back and watch his interview this morning. He complains about dealing with issues in the public eye while revealing issues no one had ever brought up, while harking back to issues he himself brought up in the first place. He asks the media to speculate on his sexual abuse rather than his conflict with Nathan Buckley (I don't know about anyone else, but I'm interested in his issues with Bucks because it's a football issue, I'm not interested in his sexual abuse issues because they are personal and private, and for him, his friends and family). He is bringing this all down on himself. He is seeking the spotlight for things that he should deal with privately.
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:21 pm

woodisgood wrote:
Well, the quote from Harry could be ambiguous I guess. Don't know if we will ever know, nor if we need to if he is referring to abuse he was aware of in his family or friends. There was that odd comment from his brother too.

I guess the way he brought it up kind of threw me for a curve at the time, as I think I said it seemed oddly offhand but now I am showing my own biases.

I still believe he is not the monster of narcissism you are making out Beast, but I can see now why behaviours that trigger that red flag for you woud get the emotional response they do. I still think what he is doing is consistent with depression.

Fair enough mate, you could be right I guess.
But my view is that Harry's actions are consistent with my prior perception of him and have stuff all to do with the depression or other issues he brought up this morning.

We'll have to disagree on this one.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:25 pm

In many ways, yes. In other ways, no.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Wish you all the best Harry, it's not easy mate but you'll get there champ.
TK Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Beast wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Beast wrote:

And one doesn't need to be a doctor to give one a diagnosis of being a weak self-obsessed narcissist.

A little harsh. To give you your due, you seem pretty obsessed with Harry, not just yourself Wink.

Yeah I can see why it can be construed this way but fact of the matter is I'm obsessed with anyone who lets our Club down and Harry has done it on more than one occasion.

And by the way this is an outstanding summary of the situation I found on another site

Quote:
I don't wish anything bad on Harry O and hope he gets help for whatever he is going through. That said, anyone who thinks he is intelligent or an intellect need to go back and watch his interview this morning. He complains about dealing with issues in the public eye while revealing issues no one had ever brought up, while harking back to issues he himself brought up in the first place. He asks the media to speculate on his sexual abuse rather than his conflict with Nathan Buckley (I don't know about anyone else, but I'm interested in his issues with Bucks because it's a football issue, I'm not interested in his sexual abuse issues because they are personal and private, and for him, his friends and family). He is bringing this all down on himself. He is seeking the spotlight for things that he should deal with privately.

Maybe that is a site more suited for yourself then!!!!!! You clearly have little or no Life Experience with Depression. Your posts border in imature and ridiculous.

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Harry is a fine footballer and a fine person. He deserves the support of all Collingwood supporters.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Lots of love Harry. Brave to be so honest.

Hope to see you back in the firsts playing really well.

MOTR 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Now is the time to demonstrate our club's philosophy of 'Side By Side'. Harry needs to be supported and he needs to know that the whole Collingwood army is behind him. Be strong Harry. We love you mate.

Indeed.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

I see Harry as a future Captain and feel we owe him a lot for his bravery and honesty. He is a role model. Bless Harry.
Museman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Panic/anxiety disorder... tick.

Witnessed a murder...tick

Sexual abuse....cross.

Can I now be excused for any bad behaviour...I may commit going forward.

I would feel for Harry if I actually believed him.

But I just flat out don't...sorry, and I could be totally wrong but my read is my read.

Panic/anxiety is an interesting little devil it seems to come from nowhere and my god does it knocks you around, just fear for fear sake, I guess people experience different sorts...but "what's your fear" in that moment "something is just badly wrong" "what?" "I don't know I just feel like i'm going to die, everything just feels so wrong...."

Your limbs go numb, your heart goes at double pace as does your thought process, Depersonalization...yeah that's a freaky one.

For me that would last 15 mins maybe, in your head it felt like 5 hours and it's horrific....

Tell you whats more horrific...quack put me on Effexor, 5 nights of sweating with the most vivid dreams and by day learning what blue actually feels like.

As a person who despises suicide and those who commit it for it's selfishness, realizing what it feels like to actually not care for living anymore is about as scary as your world can get....

Despicable drugs them SNRIS's AND SSRI's.

The Linden method fixed me, but it took some doing, I would recommend trying for anyone struggling.

But I never treated those close to me like $h!t and I never went on a figgen vacation I was to busy wallowing in my own misery to do any such thing.

Not seeing any sort of correlation has me more than a tad cynical.

But if i'm wrong I wish him well.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:51 pm

I wish Harry all the best in his current battle at the moment. I don't doubt that he's going through a lot at the moment. Last week's rift with Bucks is insignificant now and I'm sure the two have apologised to each other privately.

As supporters of this wonderful club, we should be SIDE BY SIDE with Harry and support him through this. The club was very professional about the way they handled things today. I'm proud to follow this great club and I'm hoping Harry realises that the club will support him fully as well.

Last edited by Jezza on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
accountabilityPlease 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Is there a place where we can go to show our support? I 'm not a Facespace or Twitter head, surely there's some other option (beyond supporter forums like this one of course)?

For me, this is nothing whatsoever to do with footy or Collingwood. Well, hardly. It's about humanity. All we need to do is tell Harry that we love him and he has our support and best wishes.

Depression is no picnic. Some may feel they've experienced it and I feel for them if they have, but if you've been hit by it genuinely, you'll know, though it is AFAIK different - at least in it's causes - for everyone, I think. Major depression certainly is more physical in it's effects than some might realize. It's debilitating. For me, hours felt like weeks, my brain wouldn't stop rattling through all the horrible elements of life in a chained manner. You try to stop thinking, throw in balanced thoughts to contradict the difficult thoughts, but it's often not possible.

For some people, ignorance is bliss and to a large extent, good luck to them. For others, to live without being conscientious about the world we live in is not living, so ignorance is not usually an option. I expect like me, Harry falls into this category and he's been struck down by how awful the world and humanity can be. I expect he went to places like Brazil seeking perhaps no more than an understanding of his heritage, the same yearning for understanding that most of us feel at one time or another. Instead, or in addition to, he has been exposed to the reality beneath most so-called strong western or democratic cultures: poverty, despair and a lack of humanity all lie underneath the Mardi Gras, Manhattan's, London Eye's, Eiffel Towers and so forth, of this world. Coming to terms with that is no easy task for a conscientious person. I'm not saying this is what Harry is going through but if it is, I understand it somewhat and I hope that everyone can put aside any desires to put Collingwood or Bucks first, and stop to show support and understanding for Harry.

Side-by-side is just a line in our song co-opted for a marketing campaign, or is it? Of course it can be so much more and we need to build a culture where it means so much more, starting with Harry and Krak and others when they are going through this sort of pain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14   

Jump to: