Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Age Breaking Story: Swan Attends Gatto Pizza Party

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd degree wrote:
Really a beat up but Swanny should know better this kind of thing will always attract flies!

www.facebook/the hybernators
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Great article - love Gibson's thoughts on what Stables was Laughing
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:22 pm

The most interesting thing about this for me is the way Ken Lay has apparently seen fit to comment on Swan's conduct. Whatever it is, it isn't a police matter. A simple "no comment" would have been the correct response. Watch this space....
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Listen Flash, I'm not sure that you were suggesting Gatto was a clean-skin. I think you generally write thoughtful and interesting pieces here, but you were painting a picture of Gatto as a harmless crim were you not? I think there'd be many people who would strongly disagree. But heh, let's get back to a topic we can agree on; Fumbles Goldsack
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Nek Minute, Essendon show cause notices!!!!!
melliot 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Lol. Apparently the sh!tstorm is of the black and red variety, not black and white.
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:41 pm

The pizza place looks like getting done for serving alcohol without a liquor licence
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Damn these unreliable weather forecasts.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:11 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Listen Flash, I'm not sure that you were suggesting Gatto was a clean-skin. I think you generally write thoughtful and interesting pieces here, but you were painting a picture of Gatto as a harmless crim were you not? I think there'd be many people who would strongly disagree. But heh, let's get back to a topic we can agree on; Fumbles Goldsack

Gatto isn't harmless (Andrew Veniamin would attest to that if he wasn't worm food) but he's not the worst crim out there when you compare him to some of the low lives I mentioned earlier.

I'd prefer it if Swanny didn't go there but it wasn't that bad what he did either, I mean he didn't bring big Mick into the club rooms or attend a fight with him as a personal guest or anything.

Yeah I was unnecessarily terse with you because I react badly to being called dumb, probably due to my lack intelligence I think. Wink
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:15 pm

People should get a life.

I expect we'll see Alan Didak dragged into it as well. I can't wait for the The Age to die! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by collie dog on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Flashman wrote:
Culprit wrote:
It needs to be discussed, what we should do in protest is not visit the Age website or purchase the newspaper. That will work better than silence. Very Happy

The Victorian public started doing that years ago.

Agreed, not sure if anyone would notice the difference. Razz Wink

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Swanny didn't really have a choice it seems

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:46 pm

I think this could work.

Quote:
THE AFL has reacted swiftly to images of Collingwood midfielder Dane Swan mixing with underworld identity Mick Gatto, revealing their innovative plan to footy satirist Titus O’Reily.

“From now on, players will be kept at newly built club stables when they’re not training or playing games,’ said AFL Football Operations Manager Mark Evans.

“There, they will be watered, fed and groomed, free from the distraction of the outside world.”

It’s believed the move will assist AFL clubs in ending nightclub incidents, illicit drug taking and the last vestiges of normal human interaction.

Underworld figure Mick Gatto says he can’t understand what all the fuss is about and he insists Swan is a true champion.

Under the measure, players will not be allowed to leave the stables from when they are drafted until they leave the AFL.

Port Adelaide President David Koch said while the initiative contravened almost every human rights law and principle, it was important to remember AFL players are not actual people.

“A billion dollar industry rests on the shoulders of these young men. The greater good demands they are locked in little cages, sorry ‘stables,’ to prevent any risk to the industry.”

Incoming AFL Players Association CEO Paul Marsh said the move was “deeply concerning”, but said the AFLPA would ultimately support it.

“It’s actually easier to organise a workforce from a union’s point of view, if they’re all locked in a few places.”

Hawthorn’s Josh Gibson said he originally supported the move before discovering ‘Stables’ was not a new nightclub.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/afl-unveils-cunning-plan-to-limit-player-movements-at-night-to-titus-oreily-after-dane-swan-was-pictured-mixing-with-mick-gatto/story-fni0ffsx-1226951626799

uncanny 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Call me naïve but .....

I expect that people would turn up to listen to Dane Swan because they wanted to hear what a successful person thinks, makes them tick and hope some of this karma rubs off on them. Do we deny this opportunity to people because they have a criminal record. Or they may have one? Or they are the wrong religion, colour, ...where am I going with this? Slow news day? Yes. Reflection of society becoming more selfish, politically correct and insular? Yes. Shunning rather than supporting people who are different or not perceived to be as good as us or as worthy of our attention? Yes.

If the people at the café were long standing friends and associates as you say Neil Appleby, then I'm glad Swanny turned up to support them.
If he didn't know them from a bar of soap, what's to stop them from benefiting from being in our great midfielder's presence for a while?
Let's give the man some credit and assume he can make a decision of this sort. We shouldn't give a toss about whether his manager knew and for that matter, he should sack Pickering should for offering a comment. Is that about protecting his backside rather than his client's which is what he is paid to do?

Dane I expect you to be alert and worldly in your decisions about the people you associate with. I support and admire your down to earth approach and support for the littlest person, even one with a criminal record, to improve their life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: