Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Dogs down Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Oh yeah, what the hell was that bullshit fifty metre penalty against cloke for, that gave the dogs a goal, both cloke and the guy on him were pushing and shoving each other equally ?? Umpiriing was pretty bad really. Kyle martin had better get a game next week too.

The doggies player had nothing to lose, Cloke should know better.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:48 pm

Cloke - very very good
Elliot very good

Langdon's delayed decision making & poor execution single handedly caused 3 Footscray goals. He still played a reasonable game but far too costly. We were too top heavy for Etihad. Missed Maxwell's composure.

How good was young Bontompelli?

Broomhead looks good - he'll be a player.

Swan - WTF

They were too fast, too committed & played great play on footy. We unfortunately did not.

The Life of Pie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:43 pm

Went to the game.And just watched the replay (no sound thank god)
All the vitriol for Adams is ridiculous. Busted his gut. Hard as nails. Yep. Stuffed it up a few times and his kicking needs work. But!!
He impacted three times as many contests as Ball and Blair combined.
As much as I like them I'm not sure I would have them in the side.
Sidebottoms run and Beams class would have easily seen us over the line.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:43 am

The Life of Pie wrote:
Went to the game.And just watched the replay (no sound thank god)
All the vitriol for Adams is ridiculous. Busted his gut. Hard as nails. Yep. Stuffed it up a few times and his kicking needs work. But!!
He impacted three times as many contests as Ball and Blair combined.
As much as I like them I'm not sure I would have them in the side.
Sidebottoms run and Beams class would have easily seen us over the line.

Yep, No Beams and Steele did hurt is this evening

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:52 am

We Missed Beams and Steele. That would of gave us more Drive from the Midfield. Also means we had 1 too many Clearance Players.

Hard to have the 3 of Thomas,Ball and Adams in the 1 side. 1 has to make way

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:50 am

One of the most disappointing losses in a long, long time. So much to play for. I thought i'd wake up feeling better about it. But no, it's still burning. I hope more so for the players.
I really hope there were valid reasons for the Sack and Beams not to play. If it was simply resting then what a big mistake. The dogs haven't been great but their actual strengths are some of our weaknesses. I don't see the point of gambling a must win and should win game for resting players for a tougher game. Get 4 points in the bank when u can take them.
We were outplayed. I was fuming at seeing them kick to a two or three on one and they'd still win the ball. We go to ground or fail to lay a tackle. It was interesting to see that tackle busting stat and we were smashed. Something like 32 to 7. Disgusting.
Is Mr White's finger still sore, or can't he catch? FFS he dropped some easy marks yesterday.
I think our run of scrambling wins lifted us to a spot on the ladder which disguised our true state. Our young defence had been outperforming until yesterday. Langers had a shocker, but it was inevitable for such a young player. The frequency of the ball going in was too much. The Hawks will be getting it in more though.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:18 am

For everyone getting all nostalgic over Heath Shaw and his so-called 'leadership', go and watch last years elimination final against the power. Leaders don't behave like lunatics on the field. Lets face it, he was never going to improve or change his ways while at Collingwood. What's that saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink... well you can apply that to Shaw. Leadership my arse. The amount of times I saw him crack the shits at team mates, boss them around and just generally lose the plot with his constant brain farts was one too many. He needed to go. He was given multiple opportunities to change his ways but neglected to take any of them.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:26 am

Can't argue with any of that, Heater showed the young giants great leadership last night, and all over a pizza, lol.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:34 am

Pa Marmo wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
For everyone getting all nostalgic over Heath Shaw and his so-called 'leadership', go and watch last years elimination final against the power. Leaders don't behave like lunatics on the field. Lets face it, he was never going to improve or change his ways while at Collingwood. What's that saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink... well you can apply that to Shaw. Leadership my arse. The amount of times I saw him crack the shits at team mates, boss them around and just generally lose the plot with his constant brain farts was one too many. He needed to go. He was given multiple opportunities to change his ways but neglected to take any of them.

Can't argue with any of that, Heater showed the young giants great leadership last night, and all over a pizza, lol.

He probably thought he was bigger than the club and that we would never get rid of him, but we did, and maybe that was the catalyst for him to take a good hard look at himself and change his ways. It was never going to happen while he was with us. We'd be berating him now as we are the rest of the team if he was still here.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:58 am

Member 7167 wrote:
Disappointing result but at the end of the day I do not and have not believed we are a true contender this year.

Good opportunity for the half full brigade to crawl out from under their respective rocks and denigrate the team, its players and coaching staff.

Go Pies

The most sensible and logical post as usual.

Given up the amount of times I have stated that this is a developmental year in a fairly young team under Bucks. They ARE going to be up and down like most developing teams/players. They were never going to be in serous contention this year, you could even argue that they were ahead of where they should have been up to now. It was an unrealistic expectation that they would win a flag, let alone make the GF.
Realistically, I see them making the bottom eight and getting finals experience into this team, thats about it. 2016 is the time this team will be ready to peak Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:06 am

Beast wrote:
Gifting Adams a game when he a blind Freddy can see he should be working on his disposal issues in VFL was a ridiculous thing to do, especially when he didn't get any game time at either level last week.

Yes, totally agree with you for once. I can't believe that the club didn't play him in the VFL for the first 10 weeks or so until he fully settled into the club. It would have been heaps better for his confidence and development at Collingwood unlike this constant oscillation between the seniors and the seconds..... Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:20 am

Flashman wrote:
Fasolo is in our best side whether up forward or down back and shouldn't have been omitted.

To be fair, you didn't really make these comments lat week when most here were calling for Fasolo to be dropped...... Rolling Eyes
To gain credibility, those posts asking for Fasolo to be dropped needed to be confronted and challenged then and there.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:23 pm

didick wrote:
One of the most disappointing losses in a long, long time. So much to play for. I thought i'd wake up feeling better about it. But no, it's still burning. I hope more so for the players.
I really hope there were valid reasons for the Sack and Beams not to play.

I read somewhere this morning that Beams is a calf. If true, our season will be stuffed by the time he comes back in 4-6 weeks which seems to be the norm for us.

Goldy I'm pretty sure has been confirmed as knee soreness. 6 day break. He may well have been rested with the knowledge that we've got the Hawks in 6 days time and there would have been no chance of him coming up for 2 x 6 day breaks.

Either way unless we win one of the next two (ideally both) our season could be in trouble very very quickly. From all reports Freo and North have a fairly easy run home. Freo is already ahead of us and North probably will be unless we can pull a rabbit out of the hat next Saturday. Still can't believe we're going into this game where we are clearly the bunnies... with a 6 day break vs 8 day break. Mind you they're not at full strength I guess.

Hmmmm.... like someone else said... this loss is really burning... it was such a bad performance by us.

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:30 pm

I'll have to watch a replay - Couldn't make it to the game - Was expecting a win and was already thinking about the Hawks!!.... just like the players it would seem?
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:44 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
didick wrote:
I really hope there were valid reasons for the Sack and Beams not to play.

I read somewhere this morning that Beams is a calf. If true, our season will be stuffed by the time he comes back in 4-6 weeks which seems to be the norm for us.

Goldy I'm pretty sure has been confirmed as knee soreness. 6 day break. He may well have been rested with the knowledge that we've got the Hawks in 6 days time and there would have been no chance of him coming up for 2 x 6 day breaks.

Either way unless we win one of the next two (ideally both) our season could be in trouble very very quickly. From all reports Freo and North have a fairly easy run home. Freo is already ahead of us and North probably will be unless we can pull a rabbit out of the hat next Saturday. Still can't believe we're going into this game where we are clearly the bunnies... with a 6 day break vs 8 day break. Mind you they're not at full strength I guess.

Hmmmm.... like someone else said... this loss is really burning... it was such a bad performance by us.

Calf, by Collingwood speak, means either rested or out for the season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: