Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Suns - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the Metricon factor is a better argument than the form argument.

Someone tell me again why we have to play them there twice in one season?

Please can someone explain why this unevenness in the fixture is inevitable?

Still reckon we'll win though.

It's the first match of the rest of our season

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Will be a big ask up there. Martin should have come in for Blair as much as I am a fan. We need to spice things up and reward a bloke who is really having a crack. In saying that 3 pretty handy ins for our side.

www.facebook/the hybernators
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:59 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:

Huh? We only play them once this year. But we did play them up there last season. So two consecutive games at their home ground. Meanwhile other teams are bullying up on GWS twice already and we're still weeks away from playing them. We won't play them twice in a season until they're on top of the ladder.

Jamie is only 19 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:02 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
Yes the Metricon factor is a better argument than the form argument.

Please can someone explain why this unevenness in the fixture is inevitable?

Still reckon we'll win though.

It's the first match of the rest of our season

A practice game barely counts as having to play at Metricon twice in one year and had Reid not injured himself it was a very productive summer outing for us . On one hand I hope we dont have to play up here again if we drop to 7th or 8th on the other hand I get to attend if this is the case .

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:15 pm

neil wrote:
think positive wrote:
Woods wrote:
FYI - weather forecast for Sat. 5 July

Gold Coast area
Max. 23C.
A few showers and the chance of a thunderstorm early in the morning, clearing to a mostly sunny day. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day.

Sitting on the balcony of our hotel, looking out at the sea, it's 9.14am, and I'm wearing tshirt and shorts, and that sun has finally seeped through to my Victorian bones! OMG it feels so good. I get why people go for the suns! Embarassed

Really? I thought it was a bit cold this morning Very Happy

You can Spot the natives a mile off - they are wearing polar fleece!

Just got back from tamborine, shopping eating, now to hit the gym, the sauna, and dinner-outside without getting icicles on our eye lashes

And oh yeah go pies!

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:25 pm

The Herald Sun tippers have gone:
20 - Suns win
10 - Pies win.

We always perform better when we are the underdogs. Part of who the Pies and their supporters are I guess.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:51 pm

didick wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:

Huh? We only play them once this year. But we did play them up there last season. So two consecutive games at their home ground. Meanwhile other teams are bullying up on GWS twice already and we're still weeks away from playing them. We won't play them twice in a season until they're on top of the ladder.

"A practice game barely counts as having to play at Metricon twice in one year and had Reid not injured himself it was a very productive summer outing for us . On one hand I hope we dont have to play up here again if we drop to 7th or 8th on the other hand I get to attend if this is the case ."

So that will be three consecutive games at their ground, still thanks for the clarification didick. And 100% agreement on not playing GWS twice till it's a disadvantage

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:34 pm

think positive wrote:
Woods wrote:

Gold Coast area
Max. 23C.
A few showers and the chance of a thunderstorm early in the morning, clearing to a mostly sunny day. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day.

Sitting on the balcony of our hotel, looking out at the sea, it's 9.14am, and I'm wearing tshirt and shorts, and that sun has finally seeped through to my Victorian bones! OMG it feels so good. I get why people go for the suns! Embarassed

Well you didn't leave the heater on before you left coz it's bloody freezing here in Melbourne. Bring back some sunshine & kick Joh Bjelke Newman in the nuts for me. Very Happy Wink Embarassed

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:10 pm

think positive wrote:
neil wrote:
think positive wrote:
Woods wrote:

Gold Coast area
Max. 23C.

Really? I thought it was a bit cold this morning Very Happy

You can Spot the natives a mile off - they are wearing polar fleece!

Just got back from tamborine, shopping eating, now to hit the gym, the sauna, and dinner-outside without getting icicles on our eye lashes

And oh yeah go pies!

See ya at dinner TP, you can stick the gym and sauna, I'm drinking beers in front of the heater.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:56 pm

Been in the gym, coming down to dinner now!
(Might leave the heater on!)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:57 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Woods wrote:

Gold Coast area
Max. 23C.

Well you didn't leave the heater on before you left coz it's bloody freezing here in Melbourne. Bring back some sunshine & kick Joh Bjelke Newman in the nuts for me. Very Happy Wink Embarassed

Haha you and ya bloody politics! Xx

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:00 pm

Where did you get it?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:51 pm

Think we are 1 tallish defender short unless Goldy plays back as a chop out man. Like Williams and Langdon in and glad Kennedy kept his spot he will play the Elliott type role forward. Thought we may have gambled and brought Martin in knowing how tall they are.
Anyways we need to keep Ablett to hand balls only because his kicking could kill us. There speed is obvious so we need to slow it down coming out of our attacking 50 or they will be gone before we can blink.
Big role for Seedsman IMO giving us some real grunt out of the back line and break it open. If we get it in quick going forward Trav could have a field day based on there performances thus far this season. They like to slow it down but when they don't ie against the hawks they got smashed down back.
Quick precise ball movement hurts them.
I think they will play Ablett forward a bit so I wouldn't send Caff to him there. I would ask Marley to go to him and hurt him going the other way. Marley is clever enough to stick with him and Ablett isn't known as a huge over head mark and isn't the fastest player out there.
Heart says pies by 20
Head says gee whiz going to be a hell of a test
My grandma said always follow your heart
Pies by 20
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:16 pm

I was just thinking about this but are we disadvantaged by the fact that we have another six day break as opposed to the Suns who have a seven day break for this game?

It really annoys me how opposition fans whinge about us having an 'easy' fixture yet we played the Bulldogs, Hawthorn and now the Gold Coast off six day breaks whereas these teams had at least 7 or 8 days to prepare against us. I just wonder whether this will be a factor especially in the latter stages of the game tomorrow.

Anyway we're underdogs so I'm happy about that as we always seem to thrive in that position as opposed to being favourites, especially when we play away from Melbourne.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Don't think a 6 day break is an issue, teams are so professional these days that they can tailor training to suit. Concern about the cumulative effect of back to back 6 day breaks is probably more realistic.

They may have had the extra day but they've had to travel back from Tassie which equally has to have an impact on the quality of their rehab.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: