Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Posted this on the Brisbane big footy board.

Ah poor Brisbane so smug during the trade period.

Guess what you didn't get to play a Collingwood side with half the team sitting in the stands this time around.

Just be thankful that you were playing on a warm humid Brisbane night in April and the best player on the ground for the first 3 quarters Sidebottom was injured for all of the final quarter.

P.S- Dayne Beams had the same amount of kicks for the night as Crisp.

Crisp kicked a goal. Beams didn't.

Crisp was steak knives. Beams cost a packet.

Let that sink in.

You sir, have got big brass ones.

I'm too attached to my BigFooty account to go barging in like that, so kudos to you.

And they deserved EVERY word of that spray. F*cking campaigners.

For what it's worth, I did my own little bit of shin kicking last night. Remember that classless bit of trolling Leppitsch did during the Beams trade? No? Let me remind you...

Quote:
Justin Leppitsch @JLeppitsch · Oct 10
BL fans. Dont listen to those that have plans to destabilize us. Kids will not be traded. BTW Did you hear pendles wants out. It's that easy

Well, this little Magpie decided that El Leppo had one coming and took it upon himself to even the ledger:

Quote:

MagpieBat @MagpieBat · 6h 6 hours ago
Hey @JLeppitsch, did you hear that Aisho wants a trade out of your sinking ship? It's that easy! 😂 #AFLLionsPies

Embarassed

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:29 am

swoop42 wrote:
Man life is just so much better after a win especially so as most of us weren't really sure what to expect from this side tonight if honest.

All one can ask is that you come away from a game knowing the players gave it there all and it's what I want to see most from our team this season though a well drilled game style becoming clearer by the month is also desirable.

The club, members and supporters needed this result after the past week.

Well done to all.

keep the faith. i was quietly confident we'd win but wasn't expecting the onslaught that had us 52 points up.

the game plan will still take some time to learn for many of the kids. it's like learning a new language. execution will still be somehwhat shaky but so long as they're having a dip and the trajectory is in the right direction that's all one can ask for.

McMonkey 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:59 am

I'll admit leading up to this game I was he of little faith.

Credit where credit is due, despite the poor last qtr and a bit, well done Bucks and Pies for a gutsy win.

Devo'd like the rest of us about Sidey but time for Broomhead to come in and show why we picked him.

Well done Collongwood after an awful end to the preseason to bounce back.

Brisbane, you arrogant flogs, you'll be rubbish again this year, such a shame.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:16 am

In the words of Billy Joel

"Guts! Guts! Guts! Guts"

That was a courageous effort to hold on, the umps were doing there best to get the Lions over the line, but we held out.

The similarities between Clement and Langdon are spooky, someone get Mulder out there to investigate body switching!

Sidebottom, what can you say? I've had my doubts in years gone by, by class will always out. Hope the fracture isn't too bad.

I thought Blair was ok, not great; had a couple of chances to kick his third and ice the game, needed to that that opportunity.

I actually thought Crisp was close to our best outside of Sidey.

Swannnies disposal a worry, hope he gets a bit better as the season progresses.

Gotta love footy season!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:10 am

well done pies great win. Crisp was great varcoe did more than what i thought it was he knee in the back of rockliff was good enought. I think tonight we saw the making of Grundy
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:28 am

Lot to like last night. Crisp surprised me how good he can play. Yes and Grundy showed all he has promised. I was pleased that Nathan Brown played solidly, didnt seem to miss a beat I thought his game was him at his best which is a good sign.
The only thing I thought was an issue is in the last quarter no experienced player seemed to be able to have any influence on the game for about 20 minutes, especially in the centre bounces. We couldnt get a hand on the ball and I think it needed someone to stand up like swanny or pendles. Hope they figure out why!!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:59 am

We should all be rapt with that win.

After the shocking news at the club this week, we needed to steady the ship, and the players and Bucks did just that. The main positives for me were:

1. Grundy is fast becoming a monster ruckman.

2. Sidey was in Brownlow medal form before getting injured.

3. Our forward line functioned well with Cloke out from goal and white deep forward.

4. Adams played his best game and shut down Beams influence to next to zero.

5. Crisp is a genuine player and could become a powerful midfield weapon with his size and grunt.

6. Swanny had a few sloppy kicks, fumbled with his busted wrists and looked pretty ragged by the end, but still racked up 31 disposals. He'll get better each week.

7. Our defence was solid most of the night, with Toovey, Brown, Williams, Langdon, Ramsay and Sinclair all good. Oxley looked good early but faded. Frost was serviceable.

8. Varcoe provided great run and should get better.

9. Blair showed why he is picked each week with a typical gutsy performance.

10. Pendles had a relatively quiet game........which is a good sign for the weeks ahead.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:42 am

Only disappointment was we failed to crack the 100 again despite being so dominant.
But very glad we played hard, aggressive and intense.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:23 am

What'sinaname wrote:
dalyc wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Had a mix of the good, great, poor and pathetic.

Some downhill skiers look great when the team is up and about but go missing when we don't have momentum.

Grundy and Crisp stood out. Varcoe did some good things.

Sadly, if this is any indication, Swan looks like he's done. Looked just like the 2014 version.

Swan? Pie high 31 possessions, pie high 105 AF points!

Not bad from a guy who takes some time to get fit.

Get back under your bridge troll!

Using your logic, Beams must have been Best On Ground with 33 possessions.

Not at all. using your logic Beams must be done as well.

Have some chocolate eggs dwad. It might get the bitter taste of a Collingwood victory out of your mouth.

cressyg 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:30 am

Many positive things to come out of last nights game. It was always expected that we would fade in the last quarter, particularly when it was 27 degrees and 91% humidity at 9:00pm!!!.

Adams was brilliant in his tenacity and it was quite clearly his best game for the club and despite Beams having 33 possessions (for only 86m gained), he effectively made Beams ineffectual. Beams had 7 kicks, 6 clangers, 26 HB's and 79% DE.

Oxley's precise field kicking was a delight and it was unfortunate (but he was no Robinson Crusoe) he went down early with severe cramp).

Crisp (worth a packet of steak knives) was worth his height in gold and his height and strength in the mid-field was exactly what we needed.

Finally, we played White deep and allowed Cloke to roam high up the ground.

Our tackles once again stuck and the Lions looked like bunnies in headlights as a result of the unrelenting onslaught.

Our backs for 3/4 did not let anything pass them and Toovey and Langdon (they were not alone), Ramsay was good early and Williams would have been one of the best but for poor disposal.

Great effort Pies, more so for everything we did against the Doggies two weeks ago, we did right last night.

We are a young side and what we did last night we may not be able to replicate week in week out, but we have seen the potential of the side
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Had the tv on at work so only saw bits and pieces but was able to watch most of the last quarter. My god what a finish. Hung in there and never gave up. Well played Pies. Yet another win against the odds in tough and trying conditions after a week of controversy. A lot of the young guys stood up last night and fought well and our skilled leaders lead the way when it was needed. I would have liked to have seen a bit more composure towards the end as in maintaining possession and killing off time but the players looked buggered in that last quarter. Tried their hearts out all night and came away with the 4 pts and that's all that matters.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Two young men took big steps last night and both had stellar starts early doors

Brody who was a revelation in 2013 then had to take a look at himself--appears his quest for excellence has him asking questions from people who know
Tommy Langdon played great but fell away a bit towards end of last year which happens to young players
Last night Brody rucked all night and used controlled agressive aproach to his game
Tommy when the game hung in the balance in last 5 minutes stood up as a force
Cornerstones of our future

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Two young men took big steps last and both had stellar starts early doors

Brody who was a revelation in 2013 then had to take a look at himself--appears his quest for excellence has him asking questions from people
Tommy Langdon played great but fell away a bit towards end of last year which happens to young players
Last night Brody rucked all night and used controlled agressive aproach to his game
Tommy when the the game hung in the balance in last 5 minutes stood up as a force
Cornerstones of our future

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:46 pm

The Umps were shit in the last qtr, gave Bears everything, but our last qtr was generally poor, but we held on grimly. Lots to like, Grundy, Varcoe, Sidey, and our 3rd qtr was terrific, great desperation and desire. We got the four points, at an unfriendly shithole interstate, we take that and bank it gladly. ! Good signs from a very young Pies outfit on the rise. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:53 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
The Umps were shit in the last qtr, gave Bears everything, but our last qtr was generally poor, but we held on grimly. Lots to like, Grundy, Varcoe, Sidey, and our 3rd qtr was terrific, great desperation and desire. We got the four points, at an unfriendly shithole interstate, we take that and bank it gladly. ! Good signs from a very young Pies outfit on the rise. !

What the Scumpies went against us Shocked

They do that a lot when we have Momentum, they come come BS Frees to get the other ream into the game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: