Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Racist banner at the Collingwood game tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good one Laughing

This is the sort of dope you come across all the time on the UPF/Reclaim social media pages.

Much bonus. Such laughs.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/man-booted-from-mcg-over-islamophobic-sledges-at-bachar-houli/news-story/d76dbd00a67dcd8743189f5f8b59606c

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:44 pm

schuey07 wrote:
Thanks for the insult. I'm not a member of the UPF. I'm a little too olived skinned and southern Italian looking for their group. Typicall of your type to make assumptions about people who have a different opinion to yours. I would never be seen supporting these people, seeing that my grandfather spent two years in NAZI POW camp. Doesn't mean they don't have a right to free speech.

You're welcome. Come back again.

Except I never stated anywhere that they should be banned outright - another incorrect assumption.

As has been stated elsewhere Italian = white regardless of your complexion.

They should be banned however from the footy & not use my team to promote their nasty little agenda which is where the whole thread commenced.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:49 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
So if I wear my tee shirt that big and boldly says Stop Halal to the footy do I get banned for life for being an evil racist?

It would just be provocative & stupid to wear at the Footy especially if you had the UFP on it as well.

However, if you do choose to wear it to the footy please wear it with a Hawthorn jumper on.

Excuse me? As if it has anything remotely about UFP or the like - it does have stop live animal export though!

Is it now not acceptable to object to animal cruelty because it may offend the perpetrators?

Now you've added to the T Shirt compared to what you first said.

If your T shirt just said "stop halal" on it's own which is the impression you first provided then that is entirely different than saying "stop animal cruelty" as the context for stating "stop halal" per se.

The first would be provocative & stupid IMO to wear to the footy in this current climate & would be associated with the Morons of the white power mob irrespective of your honourable intentions.

The second is a different matter entirely.

^ bollocks if my tee shirt just said Stop Halal and nothing else I have every damn right to wear it - if YOU or anyone else decides to judge me as racist, vile, evil, an islamophobe or anything else for doing so - then that is YOUR problem not mine - I don't have to explain my reasons to you or anyone else and I am very happy that my motivation is pure - hell I gave up meat to be true to my beliefs!

You are judging based on YOUR opinion of my opinion just as you condemn others - you don't have that right and I don't have to explain or justify to you or anyone else!

This may seem to be not related to the thread but it is - because whilst the mob who raised the sign may well be anti Islamic and extreme ( I know stuff all about them and have little interest in finding out any more) - the response to anyone who doesn't see this as a bad bad thing is that they are evil and a racist is just bullshite!

McGuire is a hypocrite - all the faux outrage after the Goodes incident and then the King Kong quip - but then again his brother is the MLA for Broadmeadows!

The sign should have been taken down and was - end of - calls for life bans are hysterical clap trap!!

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:53 pm

I wonder if they'd dare unfurl that banner at a Western Sydney Wanderers home game?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:06 pm

David wrote:
I still find the fixation of some animal rights groups on Halal slaughter a little curious considering how awful our own Aussie factory farming is. Is it really any worse than, say, the hell endured by battery hens? And if you're focusing on Halal slaughter specifically but not the (nearly identical) Kosher method, it will seem to people that you have an agenda beyond just concern for animal rights.

Of course it's your T-shirt and you have the right to wear it when you like (the MCG security may have other ideas). But when it comes to messages, interpretation is sometimes more important than intent.

But it's not identical is it? Do you know the difference? And your total disinterest in animal welfare or rights is well documented on this site so......

I have no agenda except what I have stated - I don't eat meat for that reason!

Again I don't give a flying rats clacker what you or anyone else "interprets" - care factor absolute zero and totally and utterly irrelevant!

Oh and I have with no problem whatsoever and also one with Palmer in a target.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:10 pm

Morrigu wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

If your T shirt just said "stop halal" on it's own which is the impression you first provided then that is entirely different than saying "stop animal cruelty" as the context for stating "stop halal" per se.

The first would be provocative & stupid IMO to wear to the footy in this current climate & would be associated with the Morons of the white power mob irrespective of your honourable intentions.

^ bollocks if my tee shirt just said Stop Halal and nothing else I have every damn right to wear it - if YOU or anyone else decides to judge me as racist, vile, evil, an islamophobe or anything else for doing so - then that is YOUR problem not mine - I don't have to explain my reasons to you or anyone else and I am very happy that my motivation is pure - hell I gave up meat to be true to my beliefs!

You are judging based on YOUR opinion of my opinion just as you condemn others - you don't have that right and I don't have to explain or justify to you or anyone else!

This may seem to be not related to the thread but it is - because whilst the mob who raised the sign may well be anti Islamic and extreme ( I know stuff all about them and have little interest in finding out any more) - the response to anyone who doesn't see this as a bad bad thing is that they are evil and a racist is just bullshite!

McGuire is a hypocrite - all the faux outrage after the Goodes incident and then the King Kong quip - but then again his brother is the MLA for Broadmeadows!

The sign should have been taken down and was - end of - calls for life bans are hysterical clap trap!!

Now you're being silly IMO. Who TF is calling you a racist? - although you seem to want to take umbrage that me or others have called you a racist - I haven't so stop with the manufactured confected victimhood already when I haven't stated or implied that.

No one has said you don't have a right - you manufactured that - I never stated that. You created your own straw person argument & I'm not sure why.

I stick to my original point. That is, it would be provocative & stupid for a person to wear a T shirt that only stated "stop halal" in this climate to the footy.

What I'm saying is bleedin' obvious I would have thought.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:25 pm

watt price tully wrote:
You're welcome. Come back again.

Except I never stated anywhere that they should be banned outright - another incorrect assumption.

As has been stated elsewhere Italian = white regardless of your complexion.

They should be banned however from the footy & not use my team to promote their nasty little agenda which is where the whole thread commenced.

As I said in the other thread, there was a time we weren't allowed into this country because we weren't white enough. So keep sprouting your s&@t.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:28 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
David wrote:
think positive wrote:
And if it said ban the churches?

I think you are just basing it on your own beliefs, which is human nature. Basically if it something you believe in, ok, allow it, if it's something you don't, then no. That's why all these special rounds piss me off!

Cricket has a pink day, for the fight against cancer, non political, effects everyone on the planet. That's far different than gay pride or right to life. Or my church is better than yours.

No, it's not just about my beliefs. I can't think of any protests I would support that would qualify as hate speech or make individuals (like Bachar Houli or Muslim footy supporters) feel targeted. You do realise that this is what the UPF are getting at, right? Their problem isn't specific places of worship; their problem is Muslims in general. These are the people who got kicked out of Reclaim Australia for being too extreme, FFS. A good proportion of them are actual Neo-Nazis.

So "no pentecostal church for Hampton" would only be equally problematic if it had connotations of "get Christians out of Bayside" and if Christians happened to be anywhere near as much of a threatened or oppressed minority as Muslims are here today. Even though neither of those things are true, I'd still be inclined to see such a sign at the football as tacky and inappropriate (though I'd support their right to do so in the sense that I wouldn't want them legally punished for it, just as I'd support the right of MCG security to confiscate the sign and kick them out). But to say the two messages are interchangeable totally misses the point.

Again, to say cancer is apolitical and gay pride isn't is an (at least somewhat) arbitrary distinction.

Hang on, where does that sign say get the Muslims out of anywhere?

That may be their message, but for the majority of people who have never heard of them, we don't know that. So that's something you are adding.

On that subject there has been uproars before in communities not wanting them, and it's not always about religion, it's about property values, and aesthetics.

I can't remember what religion, or what town but in NSW some wierd religion has taken over the town, passive aggressively getting the locals out.

I'd want any of the people using any ban the ..... Tossed out, especially for using Collingwoods name, and thank God Eddie has been vocal here, but charged? Really? Your the guy who thinks everyone is capable of redemption, and a slap on the wrist is ok for a lot worse, and you want them charged? Public ally humoured, kicked out banned, yes, but charged? With what?

Um... I honestly have no idea where you pulled the word 'charged' from in my post. For what it's worth, I wouldn't support criminal charges in cases like this, though I do think the MCG security were entitled to kick them out.

stui magpie wrote:
OK, I get it.

Some groups are perceived by some to be persecuted minorities.

If anyone says anything negative about these groups they are then labelled as bigoted racists, their comments offensive and they should not be permitted to air these views, even in a peaceful manner, unless it offends said group.

Got it.

I really don't think you do.

Oops I read shouldn't as should've , I'm getting old!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:35 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
So if I wear my tee shirt that big and boldly says Stop Halal to the footy do I get banned for life for being an evil racist?

It would just be provocative & stupid to wear at the Footy especially if you had the UFP on it as well.

However, if you do choose to wear it to the footy please wear it with a Hawthorn jumper on.

Excuse me? As if it has anything remotely about UFP or the like - it does have stop live animal export though!

Is it now not acceptable to object to animal cruelty because it may offend the perpetrators?

So to you stop halal equates with **** of Muslims? Just as for David, stop the mosques does? That's not what I see. I see "don't slit an animals throat after you have injected as much fear as possible into the poor things soul.

Where as Christians have had to evolve somewhat over the centuries, it's time the Muslims did too.

You know, I'm not one to advocate offending anyone, but I do object to people who want to pick and choose. I find the term invasion day offensive. And yet it always gets slung around here.

The whole fricken world is going politically correct itself into extinction.

How the hell will everyone get along if we are all playing nice about things we really object too, so no one gets upset?

Merry Christmas, happy Easter!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:47 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Now you're being silly IMO. Who TF is calling you a racist? - although you seem to want to take umbrage that me or others have called you a racist - I haven't so stop with the manufactured confected victimhood already when I haven't stated or implied that.

No one has said you don't have a right - you manufactured that - I never stated that. You created your own straw person argument & I'm not sure why.

I stick to my original point. That is, it would be provocative & stupid for a person to wear a T shirt that only stated "stop halal" in this climate to the footy.

Really? This has been a problem at the footy before? Maybe she needs to put a Seinfeld line on it, "not that there's anything wrong with being Muslim, just please, kill your meat kindly." And hello there it is, your pointing out differences again, and directing the shirt at Muslims then makes you a bigot. So what your supposed to keep your opinion about halal and live exports to yourself? That tshirt is about animal welfare, until you put the disclaimer on it. Maybe you could look at it another way (I do see your point of view by the way) maybe look to see if your looking to be offended.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:48 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Yeah right - whatever - if there is no problem why your suggestion I wear a Hawthorn jumper then?

Or be ashamed or embarrassed as p4shaw said?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:52 pm

That sign was just plain wrong. But how about if the media decided to be more about responsible reporting, rather than shock value and money. How about they just say an inappropriate sign was put up, the perpetrator who by the way has no association with Collingwood, despite what they printed on that banner, was duly sent packing and had his sign confiscated.

How about they put the story of the lone Richmond fan, not a big guy, who stood up to another Richmond supporter who had been calling the player a terrorist for 45 min, and then when his fellow supporters cheered him when the prick was removed, he told them where were you when I needed help? Now there is a story. There's is a good story about standing up and doing the right thing. But no, sell papers, get that muck out there. It's a really fricken sad situation.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:07 pm

Religion really sucks doesn't iit?

It's like gettimg all worked up over, did Jack n' Jill really go up the hill to fetch a bucket of water or just to hook up?
And if all the kings horses AND all the kings men couldn't put Humpty together again, were they really comitted to the task?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:32 pm

Morrigu wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Yeah right - whatever - if there is no problem why your suggestion I wear a Hawthorn jumper then?

Or be ashamed or embarrassed as p4shaw said?

WTF.

I did say it was provocative & stupid in this current climate that is why put a Hawthorn jumper on it - we, you me & the rest of Collingwood don't need to attract anymore negative attention.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Really? This has been a problem at the footy before? Maybe she needs to put a Seinfeld line on it, "not that there's anything wrong with being Muslim, just please, kill your meat kindly." And hello there it is, your pointing out differences again, and directing the shirt at Muslims then makes you a bigot. So what your supposed to keep your opinion about halal and live exports to yourself? That tshirt is about animal welfare, until you put the disclaimer on it. Maybe you could look at it another way (I do see your point of view by the way) maybe look to see if your looking to be offended.

I want your hair tested! I have no idea what your saying.

I spoke about Halal only T shirt not about animal cruelty. I specifically said animal cruelty or "the latter" that is Halal only in the context of animal cruelty another matter entirely if that was on M's T shirt.

I made no opinion on that.

I am a supporter of animal rights & Professor Singer BTW but that is neither here nor there.

Now I bid ewes good night.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14   

Jump to: