Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why we are in a mess

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea CC
Under Bux I reckon the Sad Saackers have it in the bag.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:46 am

It's a scientific fact that bullies have below average sized sherrins.
They would never go for it.

Anywhere why we are in a mess - ummm maybe its Bucks ?
Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:15 am

hot pie wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
It isn't about wins and losses. It is about processes and systems.

Even with long injury lists, there is not one hint of a sustaniable, recognizable and defined system.

Ok Jez07, It is about winning and loosing or what is the point of the game,

It isn't about wins and losses.

If you bed down your structures and have a coherent game style and plan, the wins come.

AFL is now a process/system based game.

You have to think larger and view the bigger picture.

AFL has changed. It is even more based on elite ball users. For years, Nathan Buckley has presided over and built a side that is constantly ranked in the bottom 4 for disposal efficiency. Injuries do not influence this, the skill level of the squad do. That falls on Nathan Buckley and Derek Hine.

If you have a poorly skilled squad, you are gone. Teams generate so much score these days on turnovers, along with scores from stoppages, it's the number 1 generator of scores.

The game has evolved to how crisp and flowing your transition is. If you have fast transition, you are able to break zones. That is why you see so many Joe the Goose goals these days.

How do you view Collingwood's transition? It is slow, you constantly see players confused and take their time and they kick it to 1/1 contests with a kick and hope mentality. Apart from Varcoe, there is perhaps no player who runs and carries with skill who is able to break this type of play up.

I could waffle on. But if you really understand how AFL is played these days, you will understand how far behind Buckley is the game. He has built a gamestyle on intensity and inferred pressure and if that is off, the team is so so easy to play against. It also isn't susitainable for 22 rounds and that is why you would see 8 / 3 starts but then the side would fall in a heap.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:25 am

Jez07 wrote:
hot pie wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
It isn't about wins and losses. It is about processes and systems.

Even with long injury lists, there is not one hint of a sustaniable, recognizable and defined system.

Ok Jez07, It is about winning and loosing or what is the point of the game,

It isn't about wins and losses.

correct. if it was simply about wins/losses the likes of sanderson and even mckenna would not have been moved on. wins and losses are the most tangible and visible thing for people to hold on to.

the coach is judged on a wide array of competencies and kpis with the performance of the team one component, albeit a big component. amongst other things the questions being asked would also include whether the coach is able to develop players, manage people, develop other coaches, interface with the media and sponsors, and drive the culture etc. of course, there's the other facets within the club like recruitment, list management and fitness. while the coach may have input into it he cannot be held solely accountable for those areas since they are not his domain. the biggest question is the trajectory and if we're it's headed the right way taking into account mitigating circumstances.

Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:42 am

Both Sanderson and McKenna were sacked because they lost the players. And as per usual, you have completely avoided the context it was raised in.

Adelaide had played in a PF less than 18 months after Sanderson was sacked. GC had their best year and were on the verge of finals a year after McKenna was sacked.

If your systems and processes are askew, you can't win games.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:54 am

not avoiding the context. simply adding to the context of a coach's role.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Jez07 wrote:
Both Sanderson and McKenna were sacked because they lost the players. And as per usual, you have completely avoided the context it was raised in.

Adelaide had played in a PF less than 18 months after Sanderson was sacked. GC had their best year and were on the verge of finals a year after McKenna was sacked.

That gives me great hope for the Pies in 2016 then if a 2015 season of 4W-1D-17L equates to GCS being on the verge of finals and having their best season.

And I thought Adelaide got flogged in a SF... PF's a good effort given the turmoil they went through last year.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:07 pm

Blank
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:09 pm

jackcass wrote:
Jez07 wrote:

That gives me great hope for the Pies in 2016 then if a 2015 season of 4W-1D-17L equates to GCS being on the verge of finals and having their best season.

And I thought Adelaide got flogged in a SF... PF's a good effort given the turmoil they went through last year.

it's funny how my comment about the two coaches supported the assertion it's not always about wins and losses. perhaps it's hard to comprehend this when filled with rage towards the club.

sanderson's win/loss record was 69: 39 wins, 30 losses and he got them to a prelim in his first year.

Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:13 pm

Sanderson and McKenna were both sacked as they lost the playing group. Your examples still don't have any relevance to the context that was discussed.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:27 pm

Jez07 wrote:
Blank

I'd like to see more posts like this from you. There's no less apparent thought behind it than any of your other 359 - but it least it isn't negative.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:37 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
Blank

I'd like to see more posts like this from you. There's no less apparent thought behind it than any of your other 359 - but it least it isn't negative.

And yeah, at least the response wasn't negative.
But wait .....it was again.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:39 pm

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jez07 wrote:

it's funny how my comment about the two coaches supported the assertion it's not always about wins and losses. perhaps it's hard to comprehend this when filled with rage towards the club.

sanderson's win/loss record was 69: 39 wins, 30 losses and he got them to a prelim in his first year.

Yep, only response is "no you're wrong, so there!" or attack some perceived weakness in your argument that has no bearing to what you're actually saying. Yet to see him put any sort of rational argument in support of his claims when challenged. Maybe the support crew of past players and media gurus aren't properly preparing him.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:44 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mark-ricciuto-says-adelaide-had-to-sack-brenton-sanderson-20140917-10ii1m.html

Quote:
Ricciuto, who joined adelaide's board three months ago, confirmed senior Crows players were a major factor in the removal of Sanderson

Sanderson was sacked because he lost the playing group. Next strawman example.

Last edited by Jez07 on Fri May 13, 2016 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:44 pm

I thought it was constructive criticism, thompsoc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: