Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now, it's over
38%
 38%  [ 60 ]
Sack him mid-season, we aren't at DEFCON 1 just yet
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Sack him end of season, give him a dignified exit as he warms the seat
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Decide end of season (still think he's the man)
14%
 14%  [ 23 ]
Decide end of season (he's lost me)
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Decide end of season (I genuinely don't know)
16%
 16%  [ 26 ]
Extend him now, he is The Chosen One!
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 156

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Where's Lazza and the rest of the "perceptive fellow"?

Why would anyone want to crash this little gathering of the Dunning-Kruger society?

Tonight belongs to you! Celebrate!

Oh Redlight
I am waiting for you on the dark side.
can't wait until you join me.
I remember your promise from last year.

Indeed, the Death Star is almost fully operational...with you we can rule the Universe!!!!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:56 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Why would anyone want to crash this little gathering of the Dunning-Kruger society?

I had to Google that.....quite a fascinating concept....

But enough about that: SACK THE BUM!!!!!!!!!

Redlight has a great IQ.

But she is not a sailor...doesn't like changing tack.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:58 pm

To quote the late great Gough Whitlam.It's time!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 pm

KM I've come in here time and again an defended the coach and club. I have always said time will tell well mate tonight I give up
Seriously if this is what we have become and have become accustomed to as supporters then we have really hit rock bottom.
We just lost to a side that may well finish the season with less than 8 wins they are really a shit side who's luck is just running hot at the moment
Buckley will see out the season unless we go 0-8/0-9 then he may just walk away.
So if I was on the board at the club I would be sounding out Roos and clarksons manager now. Heck I would even offer Beveridge overs to get him
Sorry bucks your a champion player but a ordinary coach
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:17 pm

I think Bucks goes this year if we are 0 / 5 and lose on Anzac Day.

A lot to Carlton would definitely see him sacked.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Oh Redlight

If the year continues like this then Buckley is finished, no doubt.

That said, we’re only two rounds in, so don’t get too engorged. Also, I feel like this might be a good time to make some things abundantly clear, just in case things do collapse in a steaming heap;

1) I will have to decline your generous offer to join the dark side, regardless of the outcomes this year. If Buckley loses his job I expect all Collingwood supporters to wish him well and see him off with grace, and indeed, with all of our best wishes (unless he goes to another club).

2) Buckley going will not, in any way, reflect well upon the fleet of the eternally discontented gathered here.

3) Your arguments throughout the years have been, shall we say, underwhelming. They remain so, even if you get your wish.

4) It is certainly possible to get what you want even if your behaviour has been appalling - and even if nearly everything you say is utter bulltish. Just ask Donald Trump.

5) If the coach does go then we’re simply resetting the timer. It will not take long for the usual suspects to start bagging our next coach/assistant/recruiter/president/ceo/player. The targets may change, the behaviour will not. It’s what you guys do.

6) The rest of us will give all our support to the staff and players of the club. We will take no pleasure in the failure of anyone associated with Collingwood. Instead we will ride out the rough times and revel even more in the wins.

7) Enjoy your pyrrhic victories while you can. When things get better I, for one, will remember who went missing when the chips were down. Regardless of who the coach is.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
KM I've come in here time and again an defended the coach and club. I have always said time will tell well mate tonight I give up
Seriously if this is what we have become and have become accustomed to as supporters then we have really hit rock bottom.
We just lost to a side that may well finish the season with less than 8 wins they are really a shit side who's luck is just running hot at the moment
Buckley will see out the season unless we go 0-8/0-9 then he may just walk away.
So if I was on the board at the club I would be sounding out Roos and clarksons manager now. Heck I would even offer Beveridge overs to get him

I'm hoping he walks and doesn't need pushing, sooner rather than later, I really can see is 0-5, not game to look beyond that. Tonight was insipid, embarrassing, perfect footy weather, just the right temperature, shit opposition, and ........

Nothing.

And the leadership group can hang their heads in shame.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Oh Redlight

That said, we’re only two rounds in, so don’t get too engorged. Also, I feel like this might be a good time to make some things abundantly clear, just in case things do collapse in a steaming heap;

1) I will have to decline your generous offer to join the dark side, regardless of the outcomes this year. If Buckley loses his job I expect all Collingwood supporters to wish him well and see him off with grace, and indeed, with all of our best wishes (unless he goes to another club).

2) Buckley going will not, in any way, reflect well upon the fleet of the eternally discontented gathered here.

3) Your arguments throughout the years have been, shall we say, underwhelming. They remain so, even if you get your wish.

4) It is certainly possible to get what you want even if your behaviour has been appalling - and even if nearly everything you say is utter bulltish. Just ask Donald Trump.

5) If the coach does go then we’re simply resetting the timer. It will not take long for the usual suspects to start bagging our next coach/assistant/recruiter/president/ceo/player. The targets may change, the behaviour will not. It’s what you guys do.

6) The rest of us will give all our support to the staff and players of the club. We will take no pleasure in the failure of anyone associated with Collingwood. Instead we will ride out the rough times and revel even more in the wins.

7) Enjoy your pyrrhic victories while you can. When things get better I, for one, will remember who went missing when the chips were down. Regardless of who the coach is.

Hows the view from up on that Cross RL? Smile

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:27 pm

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Oh Redlight

Honestly, get off your high horse. We all love the club. Some of us just speak our minds. Collingwood should have or at least aspire to having the best coach in the league. We don't at the moment. And the only way to rectify that is to move on Buckley. ASAP.
SweatyPie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:28 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
To quote the late great Gough Whitlam.It's time!

I prefer this guy....

IMG_0003.JPG

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:30 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Agree 100%. It's just so frustrating as a supporter when the blatant inadequacies of the coach have been over looked by the club for at least 3 or 4 years.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Oh Redlight

I really feel an affinity with redlight.
It is a bit like those strange friendships from the parliament of Australia.
They bag each other in the house but go out for dinner afterwards.
My only issue with your post is that I think a lot of our rough times are self inflicted.
I hate losing in football which is strange because in life I am really just a hippee.
Bux may stun us all and coach really well from now on.
Redlight there is no spark out there, no light at the top of the hill.
I want the light redlight not the tunnel.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Oh Redlight

7) Enjoy your pyrrhic victories while you can.

When things get better I, for one, will remember who went missing when the chips were down.
Regardless of who the coach is.

My arse was on my seat tonight, and it will be the best time the boys are back in town, regardless of how shitful we are, my opinion of the coach has nothing to do with my supporter capacity. And I don't give a stuff what you thing, I think he's done, toast, finished, kaput [/b]

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:45 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Oh Redlight

My only issue with your post is that I think a lot of our rough times are self inflicted.
I hate losing in football which is strange because in life I am really just a hippee.

I made my comments in the post match thread. I understand both sides of the the argument and have no problem with whatever you post Thompsoc. I'm a strong believer in loyalty so despite a few misgivings I have with some of Buckley's selections and with the list management, I think I'll stick with the coach until the end of the season, or until Buckley walks. If the inevitable happens and he leaves, I won't regret the period he coached the club.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:58 pm

thompsoc wrote:

I have to admit feeling a similar weird vibe. I disagree with much of what you post, but suspect I might be bored if you stopped posting.

It can get a little tense in here sure, but I'd happily buy you (indeed any of the monkeys of the apocalypse), a beer* should we ever cross paths.

It's just bloody footy.

(*I'd buy everyone else two beers. Smile)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 9 of 100   

Jump to: