Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
I simply don't agree with the conception that it was Cox who totally screwed us up tonight. Yes, his confidence was shot, but FFS, whenever he brought the ball to ground, there was no Collingwood player at ground level able to take advantage. .

We each see it differently I guess. When you see Cox "bring the ball to ground" I see him "dropping his marks"....even when he was uncontested! Seriously, his was the worst performance I've ever seen from an AFL player. It was embarrassing and it must have been emotionally sapping for our team after they busted their guts to get the ball in his hands, only to see him spill EVERY SINGLE mark.

Exactly right. He might be the biggest in the AFL - joke that is!
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Doc63 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
Let's not forget folks, he's the reason we're in this mess.

And let's not forget folks, he's the reason we're still here, along with the best training facilities around.

Fabulous!! Thats better than winning, any day of the week!

It's not about winning or losing. It's about state of the art training facilities. Hooray for state of the art training facilities.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:44 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I was there tonight. We played a Ben Crocker allright. Sheesh.

I won't pour scorn on Bucks. However if we are 0:3 then I will & if we are 0:5 then he needs to walk.

Terrible performance after quarter time against a team who will not figure in the top 8.

I was barracking hard but FMD the lack of skill was appaling to night. Grundy & Pendles were just terrible: they both need to be drug tested.

The bright lights were Stephenson & Murray.

Now to knock off GWS and Carrrrlton in the next 2 weeks

Ben Crocker played well from limited opportunity and was easily our best forward.

Tonight's game was probably the first time he's displayed form that he regularly displays in the VFL.

Crocker, Stephenson and Murray were all positives from tonight.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Why aren't we ready or the AFL season? All the evidence so far is that we are not. Our preparation has failed. What have we been doing since early September? I want to know why all the other clubs since Thursday night look ready and we don't. We start poorly every year. We should be fired right up to start with wins. Where is the hunger from previous disappointment? Where is the emotional performance to shove it up the experts who have written us off to finish 12/13th again?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:51 pm

Why aren't we ready or the AFL season? All the evidence so far is that we are not. Our preparation has failed. What have we been doing since early September? I want to know why all the other clubs since Thursday night look ready and we don't. (Quote from Perth)

Exactly. Why are we so far off the mark? Even Brisbane was better than us today.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:52 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
I don't see it as megalomania - more of a refusal to give in or to give up.

Germany, May 1945

Laughing Laughing Yes, there's a thin line between the two, I grant you.

No, not really.

If Buckley/Maguire were in charge they would have f#$%^d up the invasion of Poland 6 years previously

Oh lordy - I give up. Go for it you pessimists and negative critics!!! Laughing Laughing Any chance of doing me a favour and being constructive in your criticism and not personally rubbishing the greats (of various ilks) of our club while you're doing it? I just can't understand how that amounts to supporting a club. Just my personal bent.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:52 pm

12-13? That's ambitious.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:53 pm

In addition to my earlier post, there are two other things that stood out to me.

1. Lack of mongrel - At times I saw Hawks players mouthing off at our players and they just took it. I felt like our players were afraid to apply hard bone crunching tackles on the Hawks players as they pushed us aside at crucial stages of the match. To be a strong team, every club needs to have some mongrel and toughness about them, but we don't have it. We seem to go into shell and lose confidence when the cards are stacked against us.

2. Lack of crumbing forwards - The inside 50s was 60 to 58 in Hawthorn's favour so it was relatively even in this regard, but the lack of crumbing forwards is evident with the way the Hawks seemed to always have numbers at ground level in contrast to us. Our forward line structure is a mess overall, and it looks like the coaching staff still haven't found a solution to addressing these problems.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:55 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Why aren't we ready or the AFL season? All the evidence so far is that we are not. Our preparation has failed. What have we been doing since early September? I want to know why all the other clubs since Thursday night look ready and we don't. (Quote from Perth)

Exactly. Why are we so far off the mark? Even Brisbane was better than us today.

Very good point. I feel fairly confident that our intensity will build as we go along, but these slow starts to the season are something that needs to be addressed. A bit of a mystery.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:58 pm

Hell the hawthorn pre game marching band were more entertaining than we were tonight.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:58 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
Let's not forget folks, he's the reason we're in this mess.

And let's not forget folks, he's the reason we're still here, along with the best training facilities around.

Fabulous!! Thats better than winning, any day of the week!

It's not about winning or losing. It's about state of the art training facilities. Hooray for state of the art training facilities.

Well, I'm guessing you'd be moaning and complaining if this wasn't the case.
Jamesy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:07 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:

Yep, agreed.

We are bottom four for sure.

Surely someone will pull the trigger and end the rot.

After round 5, the change will happen. This rot will not continue. Thank-you for your efforts, but they're fukt. The same sh!t for years, and going backwards, the juggling act with players playing out of position, masking the the rot of delusion........f@k that. END IT

Go the Pies!
BenBronx 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:08 pm

It already appears to be another year but same old Collingwood under Nathan Buckley.

Round 1 has not even been completed and I'm already fearing the worst for this year and expect another season without finals footy. Truth be told I was feeling deflated at the start of the 3rd quarter. We are already playing catch-up and have the flag favourites up next.

I can't get over how poor Mason Cox was today. I honestly can't remember a player turning in a worse performance under the Buckley regime (which is saying something). He couldn't even catch a cold.

Trying to find positives I think Ben Crocker had a decent game. Darcy Moore surely should be starting in the forward line and doesn't belong down back. He seemed to help start our fightback in the last quarter.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:10 pm

Eddie leave, take bucks with you, I'm all out of patience, the time has come, we must make change, now. My patience has run out. insipid, time for a total overhaul.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:11 pm

Jezza wrote:
In addition to my earlier post, there are two other things that stood out to me.

1. Lack of mongrel

2. Lack of crumbing forwards

Lack of mongrel - we lack any true leaders. Pendles is either injured and/or looks disinterested. And the disposal efficiency of our midfield leaders is shocking.

Lack of crumbing forwards - yes we have injuries, but playing Cox means we have a 5 man forward line playing against 6 at every contest. Yes, we need all our forwards back in the side (Fas, DeGoey, Wells,
Elliot, Greenwood etc) - but how many games will they actually play in the one team?

Bucks still can’t coach - and rather than keep acknowledging our shortfalls at every press conference - how about he actually either starts coaching and improves our lack of effort and game style - or resigns if we are bottom 6 again after Round 6...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17   

Jump to: