Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rumour (now a REPORT): Jordan DeGoey set to re-sign

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMagpie wrote:
By all the speculation I’ve seen regarding Wells contract he hasn’t triggered a third year. That’s a pretty easy decision for the club as he plays for what we can afford after higher priorities or he goes to FA or retires.

I also reckon that Mayne would now likely be open to renegotiating his contract as part of an extension.

The inconsistent media speculation that we can somehow afford May and Lynch, but not De Goey seems odd indeed.

Ultimately it will come down to choices and how we assess relative worth.

I'm not sure there was a trigger clause. I thought it was simply a 3 yr deal for a shit load of money. Coming to the Pies was his superannuation package. Sad
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:49 pm

IF we don't go after Lynch, save heaps on that, and have a couple of retirements like Goldsack, and I think injury prone Wells might retire, we may have enough to keep both De Goey and Moore, you never know. If I was de Goey, id stay, Saints wont ever win a flag, and Nth are a good side, but a long way off a flag, they just lack certain overall class, IMHO. If he wants a flag, within 2 yrs, then the Pies are the place to be.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:01 pm

He ain't going nowhere.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:01 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
IF we don't go after Lynch, save heaps on that, and have a couple of retirements like Goldsack, and I think injury prone Wells might retire, we may have enough to keep both De Goey and Moore, you never know. If I was de Goey, id stay, Saints wont ever win a flag, and Nth are a good side, but a long way off a flag, they just lack certain overall class, IMHO. If he wants a flag, within 2 yrs, then the Pies are the place to be.!

Can't see Wells retiring unless he gets a big payout. He strikes me as being a very mercenary character.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:12 pm

Damien wrote:
Ev5Magpies wrote:
If De Goey stays, Moore will go. No money for both on big coin

Says who? How do we fit Lynch in then? I’d keep JDG and Darce and stay away from Lynch.

Damien did u call SEN around 6pm?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 pm

Leggie wrote:
He ain't going nowhere.

I think you're on te money Leggie Cool

Look at it logically folks..... stay at the greatest club in the world, for a very generous amount of coin,... partake in a period of total magpie domination, winning flags and other stuff... OR, for, a few quick bucks more, move to the pauperoos..... Confused seriously.... Question

Lock.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:57 pm

Richo was on the radio saying he would personally stay at the Pies for the huge crowds and big games for a lot less coin rather than playing in Tasmania and in front of shit crowds.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Skids wrote:
Leggie wrote:
He ain't going nowhere.

Look at it logically folks..... stay at the greatest club in the world, for a very generous amount of coin,... partake in a period of total magpie domination, winning flags and other stuff... OR, for, a few quick bucks more, move to the pauperoos..... Confused seriously.... Question

Lock.

Double lock 😉

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:44 pm

Wokko wrote:
Richo was on the radio saying he would personally stay at the Pies for the huge crowds and big games for a lot less coin rather than playing in Tasmania and in front of shit crowds.

Good points, and going to a dead beat Club like Norf, is about as enticing and exciting as dancing with your mother in law. ! Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:17 am

I want to keep JDG but if he wants out for whatever reason then they'll need more than what they've got in terms of draft picks to get the deal done
A minimum top 5 pick is the starting point nothing less then other picks or players we require (maybe Tarrant to replace Dunn and give McLarty some more time) but they still need to find a way to get that top 5 pick
StKilda would be a easier deal pick 3 is a decent starting point
We hold the whip handle here
Ultimately if he wants money he's gone these other clubs with less talented lists will throw the big bucks at him
Maybe we should speak with GC there going to be wanting big bodied mids and will have draft picks to burn or even GWS with a 1st round pick and one of there tall KPP coming our way
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:30 am

If he wants to chase the $$, let him go and we will get the draft picks.

Being on huge money comes with big expectations and not everyone can handle that type of scrutiny. Just look at Tom Boyd.
Or talk to Chris Mayne about what he went through last year.

So far this season JDG has shown what he can do in some games but not been as consistent as Pendles or Rusty.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:19 am

Give up De Goey to get Lynch and May?

I'm not saying yes or that its even possible, but if I was running the club, I'd have to think about the possibility really hard.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:51 am

Those two would do nicely but you need a midfield to get it down to them.
KellyD33P 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:52 am

13CABS have a office across from Arden St so atleast he wont have to drive to much, plus a citywide waste site next door. Lost dogs home up the street
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:54 am

Leggie wrote:
Skids wrote:
Leggie wrote:
He ain't going nowhere.

Lock.

Double lock 😉

If that is what we think we are deluded. It's that sort of thinking that holds us back and has cost us premierships in the past. If those running the club think the same way we are in real trouble.

We don't win the most games. We have hardly had any ultimate success in my lifetime. We don't have the most premierships. We don't have the most passionate supporters. We don't have the biggest crowds. We don't have a home ground or a home ground advantage.

West Coast has just set the record for having 15 games in a row at home with over 50,000 people in attendance.Even with home games at the G, we have never done that.

On any objective basis we are not even close to the greatest club in the AFL, let alone in the world. Some of us may think that, but supporters of other clubs, and the footballers themselves do not think that.

As for total magpie domination, we would have been happy at season's start to scrape into the 8. Average teams, not good or great teams, scrape into the 8. It shows how far we have fallen if we think being average is acceptable.

Buckley reneged on his deal to join North in favour of playing for us and missed out on playing in multiple premierships for North as a result.

Treloar chose us instead of Richmond so he has missed out on playing in a premiership.

Brett James spent 3 years with us, never got a fair go, so left us and in the next two seasons played in 2 premierships. Our club has only won that many in the last 60 years.

Rhyce Shaw couldn't win one with us so went elsewhere and did.

So don't think that the factors that you referred to above will have any bearing on the decision that DeGoey will have to make. He has a difficult choice to make and will have to weigh up many issues, but just because we are Collingwood will not be one of them.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14   

Jump to: