Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

masoncox wrote:

Darcy Moore .....let him leave and see if we can pick up a couple
of good draft picks for him.

Laughing Last week I'm thinking we need to try and keep him, this week I'm agreeing with your thoughts! He's such a teaser!!! It must drive the coaching staff insane.

I even had a Richmond supporter agree with me today, that the main reason that they've travelled so well this season is because they never get any injuries!!!
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:57 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Sadly I fear our injuries have reached tipping point. I think we may struggle to win another game. Sixth tomorrow and in danger of missing finals now. We are being forced to play too many players who are not quite AFL ready. Moore has proved a disaster. Bucks has done an amazing job with this decimated list, but it’s finally caught up with us. Imagine having Howe, Treloar, De Goey, Elliott, Dunn and Goldsack instead of Brown, Daics, Madgen, Mihocek, Greenwood and Mayne. Any game we win from here on will be remarkable.[/b]

Touch wood tonight is as bad as our injuries get ... hopefully get Howe and De Goey back next week. Moore has hardly played this season.

I thought we may have lost belief in the third, but the fourth showed we still have it.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:58 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
^^^ Jezza - Looking pretty likely one team on 13 wins will miss the 8.

Luckily Melbourne play West Coast and GWS.

Sydney play Melbourne and GWS and Hawthorn.

Port play Collingwood and Essendon.

With so many teams around the 8 playing one another, I think it ends up helping us a lot.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Donny wrote:
piedys wrote:
feeling alright are you?
Not alarmed by the under-9 level disposal standard at all?

Members who voted Brody the 5, should be interested in his D/E.

Tay had similar poor distribution but his 11 tackles, 22 contested possessions and 10 clearances made him clearly our best.

I've no issue with either of those two players, regardless of their efficiency or lack thereof tonight.
Just saying that across the board, our disposal standard was unacceptable for a top eight side, regardless of injuries, against a shit-kicker side who lost at home to GCS only two weeks ago.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:00 pm

winpies wrote:

Funny how you always hear the commentators saying how great Buddy is but never the fact that he is playing against a second string defense. If he is that bloody good he should have kicked 12 tonight.

Absolutely! I can't stand the general, run of the mill commentators anymore. I had them on mute for much of the time tonight because they want to sensationalize whenever they can.
PiesFan 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:00 pm

Grundy disposal efficiency might have been down but we had something like 18 hit outs to advantage vs 0 against sinclair who himself isn’t a dud. I thought brodes also had a few strong contested grabs - but it was a toss up between he and Adams for our best player
E 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:01 pm

Big reason for the loss is that we had our sixth and seventh best option on Franklin. he kicked more than half of their score and our defenders looked hopelessly outpointed. If it wasnt for Langdon getting accross to shut down a lot of forward attacks, Franklin might have kicked 15 tonight.

Also, our attack looks a little bland without the brute strength of DeGoey (Thomas had a quiet night and i think Stevo is on fumes).

The other thing about all the injuries is that guys like Stevo, Daicos, Brown and others just don't have the tank to be playing this many games in a row. Not even Pendles played every game in his rookie year.....

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:02 pm

Yes and every Alex Johnson chest mark or handball was celebrated with exalted adjectives.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:04 pm

That’s the least relaxed Bucks has looked in a presser for some time.
Greening gold 

We had a team that, if we had no injuries, half of those who played would be in the VFL, against a team that is only just still in it themselves. A couple of observations -
- Swans rarely lose when McVeigh is playing, like tonight. He was out for several weeks when they lost.
- Franklin was due and we could do no better than put a first gamer on him - they will all talk about him still being a champion but Howe or Dunn would have stopped him in his tracks.
- Darcy Moore seems to bring bad luck. Check out how often we lost when he played last year - from memory I think it was 100%. And he cost us Howe with his stupid spoil into a pack where other teammates were in the process of taking a mark or spoiling last week - hardly a contribution to the team to spoil a team mate. I think at least half a season in the VFL is required before letting him loose in the firsts again so he can learn some humility and team awareness.
- Injuries hurt - imagine De Goey, Treloar, Dunn, Howe and Scharenberg out there tonight, let alone the long-termers like Elliott and Goldsack.
- The fact that we are able to get back up week after week and be competitive against the best, with all the injured outs, is a credit to Buckley and the coaching team - there is at last a game plan that the players have invested in. With a fit team, it has been shown to work by the fact that we are so high on the ladder.
- I think more good days will come when we have a fit list, like Richmond does.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

MightyMagpie wrote:

I thought we may have lost belief in the third, but the fourth showed we still have it.

Me too MM. The boys looked as though they thought they were out of it. To come back in the fourth shows absolutely that they are made of the right stuff. If ever we can get our best 22 on the park, for the whole f**king game, playing with this sort of attitude, we'll beat anyone.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

MightyMagpie wrote:

It's a real possibility with the way season is transpiring.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:05 pm

That was a great effort given the team had a right to fade in the last quarter. Next, to harden the list so it can survive the season.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:06 pm

SwansWay wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Luckily Melbourne play West Coast and GWS.

Sydney play Melbourne and GWS and Hawthorn.

Port play Collingwood and Essendon.

With so many teams around the 8 playing one another, I think it ends up helping us a lot.

Now this puts things into a different perspective!!! Thanks SW.
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:06 pm

piedys wrote:
Heater_39 wrote:
How Josh Kennedy wasn’t penalised for a blatant dropping of the ball/incorrect disposal in that contest that led to the winning goal I will never know....

Leo Sayer and the other two maggots let Sydney drop/chuck the pill all night, like it was a fvcking NRL game.
Whenever we did it, the sluts couldn't blow their whistles fast enough...

And we had more "in the back" frees against us tonight than the other 17 clubs combined have suffered all season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16   

Jump to: