Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with ones I bought at the local chemist. But the ones they give us at work are much better. They never snap.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:13 pm

Those were Bunnings, they look and feel cheap. Haven’t opened the chemist ones I bought yet.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:48 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Been wearing my balaclava out, yes!

Actually wore one of those cheap Chinese masks Dan is trying to get us all to buy tonight, didn’t even survive a trip to get dinner before the straps snapped.

Don't you mean "actually wore one of those cheap Chinese masks that I decided to by...."?? Pretty sure he's only saying wear a mask or face covering, not "buy cheap Chinese face masks". Unless there's a link somewhere with the government saying buy them?

I've worn a mask every day, none of them are cheap Chinese ones.

There's always someone willing to blame someone else for their own decision. Rolling Eyes
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:52 pm

^

Do you wear the mask at work when sitting in the office by yourself or do you only slip it on when people are nearby?

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Do you wear the mask at work when sitting in the office by yourself or do you only slip it on when people are nearby?

Only when there are people in my office, or when I walk out of my office. Apparently the directive is open offices (my door's never shut) with sole occupant, not necessary.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Makes sense. Just apply logic.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:21 pm

luvdids wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Been wearing my balaclava out, yes!

Actually wore one of those cheap Chinese masks Dan is trying to get us all to buy tonight, didn’t even survive a trip to get dinner before the straps snapped.

Don't you mean "actually wore one of those cheap Chinese masks that I decided to by...."?? Pretty sure he's only saying wear a mask or face covering, not "buy cheap Chinese face masks". Unless there's a link somewhere with the government saying buy them?

I've worn a mask every day, none of them are cheap Chinese ones.

There's always someone willing to blame someone else for their own decision. Rolling Eyes

No, they were the only ones readily available at the time of the order. I wasn’t paying money to buy reusable masks that weren’t going to suit me with ear loops but bought these until the ones I ordered online arrived. If the decent n95 masks we have at the station we’re available to purchase I’d have bought them but they’re kept for essential workers.

But you can’t deny after months of shortages and Dan telling people not to wear masks, suddenly there is a flood of cheap Chinese masks readily available when the compulsory order is made. How lucky our overlords has a large supply waiting to buy just in time...
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:13 pm

The state of private Aged Care facilities - FFS it’s been long known since little Johnny privatised it - do something about it NOW!!!!! Oh and I so hope the karma bus will smack the likes of these over a cliff and into a deep deep ravine!

Golden age over for Maserati-driving aged care moguls, says nursing home CEO

The multimillionaire owners of coronavirus-stricken nursing home Epping Gardens may have made good money in the past, but those days are now over, says Heritage Care chief executive Greg Reeve.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/golden-age-over-for-maserati-driving-aged-care-moguls-says-nursing-home-ceo-20200803-p55i4b.html

A troubled past in the multimillion-dollar nursing home empire of Epping Gardens

The company that owns the coronavirus-plagued Epping Gardens aged care home in Melbourne also runs another home in Sydney which scored zero out of eight in a quality assessment last year.

Epping Gardens' parent company, Heritage Care Pty Ltd, which has a portfolio of nine for-profit residential aged care homes in Sydney and Melbourne, is directed and owned by multimillionaire aged-care moguls Tony Antonopoulos and Peter Arvanitis.

Family members of residents at Epping Gardens, which costs residents up to $650,000 in a refundable deposit for a place plus a daily fee, have slammed the home for the treatment of their loved ones both before and during the coronavirus crisis.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/a-troubled-past-in-the-multi-million-dollar-nursing-home-empire-of-epping-gardens-20200731-p55hf6.html

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:22 pm

^ Yes John Howard and Bronwyn Bishop have a lot to answer for with respect to Aged Care ( and the successive governments after that (although it would have been very hard to put that genie back in the bottle)

The Coronavirus has exposed the tragic flaws in privatisation, casualization of and deregulation.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:51 am

The one my mum was in was dreadful, I visited someone there last year, and it has improved. The one my dad’s are in I simply can’t fault. Since the scare I am receiving daily updates, and sometimes phone calls. Aside from the worker who was positive, (buthad not been back on site) a casual who was there for a 4 hour shift 2 weeks ago, tested positive, but they are not sure of the timeline so they are tracking contacts. I have the name and mobile number of the DHH person Putin charge of handling the home during isolation lockdown. Full PPS is at the door of each room, the DHH are supply it as needed. All staff and residents were negative, but will be tested by the same doctors next Monday, again. I was able to drop off care packages on Saturday, I left them in the small entrance airlock, they disinfected them and my dad rang me when I was half way home to thank me, so I assume my FIL got his too.

When they rang me last week to tell me about the positive test my dad had already told me, so I said it’s ok, I know what’s happening and I know you ar3 doing the best you can, stay safe honey, and the woman burst into tears. She said ‘oh jo, I knew I should have made you my first call instead of by room numbers!’ She said most have been great but the odd one or two went nuts. I get it but fact is, it’s bound to happen. At least they are ready for it, they locked down a month earlier, and stopped their care staff working elsewhere a couple of weeks ago. But it’s impossible to be perfect. At least this place I know they will give it their best shot. The rooms are hotel like, not like the horrible cold rooms in the one mum was in. If I had her time again...

Good luck to anyone with parents in this situation, it’s scary xx

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:
^ Yes John Howard and Bronwyn Bishop have a lot to answer for with respect to Aged Care ( and the successive governments after that (although it would have been very hard to put that genie back in the bottle)

The Coronavirus has exposed the tragic flaws in privatisation, casualization of and deregulation.

Yes, coz public housing has proven so covid resistant? What makes you think Government controlled aged care would have been any better?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Yeah there are still plenty of good aged care providers out there

My Nan on mums side went to two different homes, one horrible which is state run and a private one which was fantastic

My grandfather on dads side went into one and they were also fantastic and he passed away last year but I’ve heard from someone who’s mother is in there now and nothing but good things to say. One of the residents sons made a pod like a prison visiting setup so outside of hard lockdown they could have visitations.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:44 am

yeah, sorry wont cut it, this was clearly deliberate, and the company should be fined into the ground its destroying.
https://www.outdoorrevival.com/news/a-mining-company-in-australia-blew-up-aboriginal-caves-full-of-46000-years-of-history.html?fbclid=IwAR3sytL8CU7W820OF4hO3qnW4oij85_5ceikjlY64dnJRrbknUfEig4lg8w

floods in sydney now.

one day soon there will be a massive altercation between a walker and a rider, ring your bell and slow the **** down. my tiny toy poodle actually got clipped this morning, luckily she was just terrified, but at age 12 she doesnt need that. and then there was the big fat slut with her massive, im talking easily 40-50kg dog, yes it looked like a big teddy bear, but it came at us and would not leave, we had to pick our dogs up, and im screaming nicely at this hawbag, even im shocked i didnt swear, to no no stop call your dog call your dog please.

at least we are safe from aliens, they will be giving us a wide birth, probably watching a reality show called Earth goes to hell.

I mean what next/ this is not a good start to the week.

as for the nursing homes, good on the veterans volunteering to help out in aged care. so scary. so many dying alone.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:22 am

^

Not happy Jan?

The Aliens are coming, they've changed their plan of attack after watching recent months. Rather than land and fire weapons, they're planning to march down main streets sneezing on people.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:26 am

Eh, I grew up in Canberra. I'm immune to aliens!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 9 of 49   

Jump to: