Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies destroy Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I am mentally scarred for life! The memory of May being rag dolled by McReeery will just not leave me! Nor will Oliver's face in that 4th quarter not knowing what to do, and last but not least bullish Bullen shirt fronted in front of 70000!! What I night!!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:44 am

Skids wrote:
Nearly wrote:
My sincere financial gratitude to whomever it was that pointed out in the pre game thread that we were at $9 to win by between 1 and 9 ( also to Crispy for missing the shot after the siren).

No problem Cool Yes, that miss at the end paid my airfare to Melbourne for round 23 Very Happy

The $4.60 for us to win by under 24 was stealing money I thought.

Laughing

That’s called legal theft skids
I had some on the unders as well but don’t tell the Mrs she will want to waste it on sons upcoming wedding
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:07 am

Spring in my step this morning, still pinching myself!

If it walks like a duck…

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:13 am

Tell Ed it’s all water off a ducks back…
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:26 am

So, if you haven't seen it, do try to watch the Fox post-game interview in the rooms with Brayden Maynard. It was an absolute stunner - especially when they showed him the replay of him channelling Stan Magro. Just magnificent television.

On the game's impact, it is possible that result may break Melbourne. They could scarcely have imagined dominating us all over the field to a greater extent than they did in the first half, yet they were only a couple of goals up at the main break. A number of them now know that there is nothing they can do that will beat Collingwood. Gawn, in particular, will be feeling that. He has not played in a victory over Collingwood since 2016. Indeed - apart from one stupid COVID shortened game at the Gabba with Collingwood playing off just a 3-day break (Saturday after playing the previous Tuesday), Melbourne has not beaten Collingwood since 2017.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:28 am

What a year. What an incredible win! Another one. The highlights real this year is just epic! How many all time moments can we have. The tackling was just ferocious. Bruzzy and Beau, OMG May will be bruised to next year after that. Amazed both NB and May got up from those bone crunchers.

Was so excited I couldn’t type last night. But check out the game stats, they are inconceivable. The Dee’s own the stats sheet with ball in hand, 4 of the top 5 or 7 out of 10 for rating, disposals, time in half, Fwd entries they had the lot especially in the first half. But we won hit outs, marks and tackles by the same margins if not 2 to 1. We closed down their space in the second half and forced the reactive handball more and more. This stopped their momentum as they lost shape and direction and we set up wave after wave. When the Dee’s got out in that last quarter they were awesome but when we brought the pressure they coughed it up.

That pressure we applied in the last quarter was immense! And it was team pressure. Everyone was in on it. Just incredible!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:36 am

^ we ramped up the pressure in the 3rd. (watch for example, from about 14:00 minutes left to 9:00 left in the 3rd...wow!) We put Melbourne under pressure and they lost their composure and therefore their cockiness.

They are not exactly downhill skiiers, but they play a fast, high paced brand of football.

You could even say they are a one trick pony, all duck, no dinner.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:39 am

The most interesting thing about this Collingwood side is that we are winning against everyone despite playing our best version of ourselves for a half, at most. We did it against Essendon, Melbourne both times, and against North we did it for only one quarter. The question is whether we can take that up to three quarters by finals, because if we do, this year of wonders could culminate in something beyond special.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:49 am

Some final quarter statistical highlights:

Crisp 7 kicks, 3 handballs, 3 marks, 2 tackles

Sidebottom 5 contested possessions, 4 kicks, 3 handballs and a tackle

De Goey 3 contested possessions, 6 kicks (222 metres gained)

McCreery 5 tackles

Elliott 4 kicks, a mark a tackle and a goal

Johnson 3 kicks, 2 marks, 2 tackles and 2 goals.
TassiePie1990 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:52 am

Gee that’s exciting when Crispy, Quaynor and others take it on through the centre corrido with daring handball time and time again.. As the commentators said “Collingwood are trying to poke a hole through Melbournes defence.” Melbourne threw everything at the boys and to our credit we absorbed it and gave better than we got.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:00 am

A special mention is required for the job Sidebottom did against Langdon. He actually outran him. Sidebottom ran 16.8 kilometres in that match, Langdon 16.2. They were the only two players on the field who topped 15 k.

That said - and as May now knows - McCreery was the fastest player on the ground, reaching a maximum speed of 33.8 km/hr - that would be seriously scary to face.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:15 am

Just to underline the point about Sidebottom v Langdon, Sidebottom ran off him a lot in the first quarter (75% of his time was spent in our forward half) but had to defend grimly in the second and third quarters (67% and 75%, respectively, in our defensive half). He turned the screws in the last quarter, spending 66% of his time in our forward half, so much so that, by the last quarter, Langdon spent 80% of his time in the defensive "half" (in fact, his heat map shows that he spent most of the quarter around the defensive 50 metre arc, chasing dust). Thus, Langdon's 4 quarters showed an offensive/defensive split of 60/40, 100/0, 88/12 and 20/80.

Langdon is Melbourne's most damaging ball-carrier, so wearing him down - and out - was a key piece of the victory puzzle.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:17 am

1eyedpie wrote:
mudlark wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
How $�$%^%%$ good is JDG? Sign him up tomorrow!!!

They just interviewed Bruzzy on fox and asked him about” Your best mate Jordy leaving” and he said “He’s not going anywhere “. That’ll do me.

Watching the replay and it’s 1:40 am reading this post and Bruzza is on the telly saying those exact words as I’m reading it Shocked

When the Pies were up here on the Sunshine Coast during Covid, Maynard and Jordy were joined at the hip. They're very close mates and I reckon he ISN'T going anywhere and neither is Grundy.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:22 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Just to underline the point about Sidebottom v Langdon, Sidebottom ran off him a lot in the first quarter (75% of his time was spent in our forward half) but had to defend grimly in the second and third quarters (67% and 75%, respectively, in our defensive half). He turned the screws in the last quarter, spending 66% of his time in our forward half, so much so that, by the last quarter, Langdon spent 80% of his time in the defensive "half" (in fact, his heat map shows that he spent most of the quarter around the defensive 50 metre arc, chasing dust). Thus, Langdon's 4 quarters showed an offensive/defensive split of 60/40, 100/0, 88/12 and 20/80.

Langdon is Melbourne's most damaging ball-carrier, so wearing him down - and out - was a key piece of the victory puzzle.

Sidebottom is having an exceptional season. His endurance and smarts when he gets the ball is outstanding.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:30 am

Wow, what a game, what a win. I kind of thought at half time we were going to win, badly as we were being outplayed. We're the kind of team where you have to bury us when you have the chance or otherwise we'll keep it close and pinch it at the death.

Great job by our defence holding up under a shit ton of pressure and entries especially after the first. Great job by our forward line converting limited chances into goals and not letting May and Lever get their intercept game going.

As great as this was, I think it showed we still need a couple of players, in particular contested ball winners in midfield. Oliver and Viney just killed us, and it seems to happen every week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16   

Jump to: