Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragme 

Screaming.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Larabee wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
dalyc wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Some of our supporters need to hang their heads in shame. Bunch of weak pathetic flogs. Go Pies. We beat the “best” team in the comp at their home ground. You have more spine than a lot of so called “supporters”.

Dude, if we had a like button you’d have 1000 likes.

Yet I’m the one with two yellow cards. Pathetic, that the same crap goes on every week in the game day thread.

Mate that’s the reason I rarely post on game day threads. The negative Nellies must be great to live with. The comments during last night’s game were outrageous but hey it’s a game, we all rejoice in a magnificent Pies win and we move on to the great enemy next week.

Carn the Pies

I have no problems with peoples feelings and reactions before during or after a game. We are on the best roller coaster ride ever. Some will scream, others will laugh, some will hold their hands in the air and others will cower in their seat and most will enjoy. We shouldn’t need to convert the journey into a make believe merry go round.

You do you people, as long as we are all alive at the end of the rollercoaster. Enjoy the journey your way.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:13 am

I have long felt rain is our kryptonite with this game style, so last night only proved just how bigger win that was. We weren’t particularly clean and I felt we lost a bit of shape around the contest. We didn’t win a lot of outside ball ( post clearance ) and I put that down to possibly being a bit too keen to get involved on the night. We will learn so much from that game because it was as good as a final, it was on their turf and we still got it done with a beaten mid field.
You know youve had a big win whenever the opposition coach says his own beaten team played well on the night. First Beveridge and now Hinkley, so we continue to beat sides who are playing close to their best.

Finally, never underestimate the luxury that comes with sitting on top and managing / resting players to prepare them for September. First Elliot, and last night it was Sideys turn to show the benefit of a little time away from the game. Mitchell and Pendles are both being looked after and I expect we will see more of this as the likelihood of finishing on top draws closer.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:17 am

BazBoy wrote:
What an absolute flog is Kane Cornes. Suggest there was nothing in Rioli clip to the head.
Also suggested Murphy staged the fall to the ground. All the panel hopped right into him

What a piece of💩

kane toad. the sight of him makes me vomit.

What a win. Thank you, Mighty Pies!!!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:40 am

After watching her game again I think you could votes to 12 players and still miss someone out
It was a very good team performance
The conditions suited them down to the ground yet we found a way to win
Pies2016 got it right this now gives us some clean air to be cherry ripe for September
I really want us to best Carlton and put a stop to there win streak and hopefully hurt there finals chances

Now on a separate note
I am disgusted with the reports I’m reading of apparent pies supporters radically abusing Rioli
Under no circumstances is this ok in any way
The judiciary will deal with his indiscretion from last night
I find it inconceivable that anyone feels they have the right to abuse any player that way no matter what they have done
It’s disgusting behaviour and I hope the club finds out who these people are and rids the club of them immediately
There’s no place for this in society
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:43 am

I actually just told offa couple who made veiled racist comments. But you have to check their page, not all are Collingwood, just joining the shit fight.
Disgusting

And he stillgets2 weeks

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:16 pm

80% (4/5) success rate in hostile away games for 2023, and we played at the 3 hardest for this year: Bris, Adel, Port. I think that's the best of any team this year?
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:27 pm

Well done pies on a great win
Nice one
Were there any injuries that came out of the game
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:31 pm

Swanny21 wrote:
Back in the olden days the game day thread was the only access to live coverage with fellow supporters for people living interstate. It was always great fun, but last night I had to quit at half time. It sounded like we were having a shocker. Fell asleep before the end, watching the score tick over on the AFL site, woke at midnight, went to facebook and first post tells me we won:)

I do have access to Kayo and high speed internet, so I went back to the game day thread and finished reading it before watching it.

That was one of the best games of footy I've seen the Pies play, and it beggars belief the negative trash talk that was going on in that thread, nothing about that game matched some of the comments. Just my 2 cents.

stui magpie wrote:
That was a great game of footy and a great win.

I generally stay out of the game day thread, I don't understand how people can be paying attention to the game while at the same time venting their spleen online. .

That’s my take too. Occasionally I post at half time but the lack of respect shown to players means I do that less now. Swanny 21 makes a good point that surely this service is best served to offer access and an insight to those who can’t see the game at the time.
Every time I see the same posters rubbish comments, I ask myself the same questions. Would they say the same if it was one of their own kids and how would they respond if the same was said about one of their kids.
All players deserve respect for their efforts at the elite level ( even more so, our own ) Let’s not forget, if it was always that easy, we’d all be doing it.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:58 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Swanny21 wrote:
Back in the olden days the game day thread was the only access to live coverage with fellow supporters for people living interstate. It was always great fun, but last night I had to quit at half time. It sounded like we were having a shocker. Fell asleep before the end, watching the score tick over on the AFL site, woke at midnight, went to facebook and first post tells me we won:)

I do have access to Kayo and high speed internet, so I went back to the game day thread and finished reading it before watching it.

That was one of the best games of footy I've seen the Pies play, and it beggars belief the negative trash talk that was going on in that thread, nothing about that game matched some of the comments. Just my 2 cents.
Good take on it Pies.

Too many armchair champions ready to tear into players when said armchair champion hasn't given most of their early years free time over in pursuit of excellence in the sport we all love.

These young me have put it all on the line for 7 or 8 years coming up through the age ranks, meeting challenge after challenge and built up their physique and talent through a gruelling series of tests and programes.

Yet there are always those who never had the commitment to excellence who glory in trying to tear these young men down from the safety of the armchair and the keyboard.

stui magpie wrote:
That was a great game of footy and a great win.

I generally stay out of the game day thread, I don't understand how people can be paying attention to the game while at the same time venting their spleen online. .

That’s my take too. Occasionally I post at half time but the lack of respect shown to players means I do that less now. Swanny 21 makes a good point that surely this service is best served to offer access and an insight to those who can’t see the game at the time.
Every time I see the same posters rubbish comments, I ask myself the same questions. Would they say the same if it was one of their own kids and how would they respond if the same was said about one of their kids.
All players deserve respect for their efforts at the elite level ( even more so, our own ) Let’s not forget, if it was always that easy, we’d all be doing it.
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:25 pm

BazBoy wrote:
What an absolute flog is Kane Cornes. Suggest there was nothing in Rioli clip to the head.
Also suggested Murphy staged the fall to the ground. All the panel hopped right into him

What a piece of💩

On the “the round so far” through the AFL app Kane said the same and suggested Murph be sighted for staging. What a toss bag!

If the AFL are fairdinkum about concussion and cleaning up hits off the ball Willie has to go!

BARRACK HARD!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:36 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
That was our best win of the season, because of the quality and fierceness of our opposition - on their home ground and under conditions which don't suit our game style. An absolutely fuken brilliant victory.

100% mate; I'd conceded defeat at 3/4-time but wasn't despondent at all.
The effort was there, but their mids seemed more skilled in the conditions.
Was more interested in how the coach and players were going to fight it out under such diversity; getting over them was the bonus in itself.
In conditions such as those, it often pays just to hack the ball forward, as ugly as that it is, it is often most effective until the ball can be secured around F50.

RudeBoy wrote:
What a game by Murphy! BOG by a country mile. Our defence was under supreme pressure all night, but we held up due to our collective defence, led by Murphy but with fantastic support from Maynard, IQ and Moore.

Tell ya what - Murphy must hate Adelaide Oval [Moron Park mk.II]; every time he plays here, some cowardly DOG snipes him; 3/3 times in 2023!

The boys are certainly starting to gel, and Noble who didn't have a great night, let a few tackles slip, still kept working at the process until the tide turned. The Tsar was handy again when subbed-in.

RudeBoy wrote:
Sure we got well beaten in the midfield, but I put this mainly down to JDG still recovering from a heavy virus.

We couldn't get any more fumblier [is that a word even?!], but still found a way. Butters, Rosey, Wines and Sam Peppar-Pig are just guns though.
Great learning curve for Nick Daicos; A-grade lesson on how to deal with a tag from a parasite like Drew, and a get-out-of-jail-card win as a reward.

RudeBoy wrote:
I want it on the record that I've been sceptical of McStays value, from the day we recruited him, but after last night I now understand his value. His strong powerful leads and pressure will be a force on the G in September.

And took some solid grabs for a bloke with a damaged finger; epic.
Ash Johnson got dropped for kicking 3 goals last week - for the life of me I CANNOT recall that ever happening before, for any team... perhaps B.T.'s 2 goals in the final term of the 1990QF draw?

RudeBoy wrote:
And what about some of the courageous elders of our team in Sidey, Pendles and Tay? They were each magnificent.

Some of Pendle's disposals in first half were Gawd-awful, but it was the wet conditions and physical pressure from Port causing those.
Sidey's form and disposal standard since 2022 has been circa 2010-2011 effective. Tay was just Tay; slaughtered some pill, but wasn't alone tonight, excellent 200th!

RudeBoy wrote:
And then there's Jamie Elliott.....nuff said. He deserves a fuken statue outside our headquarters.

The Iceman himself. He would have been most handy in that 2018 grand final, along with Moore, and even a young J.Daicos couldn't get a regular game back then. Pinch a flag in 2023, and he just might get one...

RudeBoy wrote:
If we thought the blues game was going to be big.... well it's just got a whole lot bigger. Bring it on. Go Pies!

This one could be 95K+, that's 80s/90s type crowds we used to pull back in the day against the filth; hope this all comes full circle!

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:45 pm

Who got subbed out?
(replaced by Markov in last qtr)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:50 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Who got subbed out?

Mitchell

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:52 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Who got subbed out?

Mitchell

Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:52 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Who got subbed out?

*edit I'm a little slow today. Double confirmation here ; it was Mitchell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14   

Jump to: